Do you like Dim Sum, Veeky Forums? What's your favorite kind?

Do you like Dim Sum, Veeky Forums? What's your favorite kind?

my favorites are: shumai (shrimp dumplings), the baked BBQ pork buns, curried squid, taro fritters, and those round balls with the pineapple filling.

>tfw never had Dim Sum

I could go for some short ribs and pork dumplings. Need some rice with it, though.

Went with co-workers once to a dim sum joint
Taro turnover was a great hit

salt and pepper chicken wings

I never have either but I really want to.

What's something good for a first timer?

hakau and shumai

pic related is my favourite. sticky rice in lotus leaf/lo mai gai. but it's all pretty based for the most part. it's been too long since i've had dim sum

Are you the taiwanese poster from the other thread?

I bet it fucking is... OP needs to get a life.

Peking duck is GOAT

I like the spareribs and the phoenix claws. Tripe can be good but it smells rank, usually. Can't go wrong with barbecue steamed buns either.

My favorite dessert one is nuomici, it's like a steamed rice cake rolled in coconut shreds.

10>9>5>3>2>6>19>16>4>8>18>20>17>12>1>13>>>>>>>15>>>>>>

Turnip cake, ha gow, shaomai, and chicken feet are a must have for first time dim sumers.

I love every single one of these although I can't see Cheung Fun on there and that's a massive omission.

Xiaolongbao and other baozi are probably my favourites

best part about a good all you can eat dim sum place is they roll up a cart and you pick whatever looks good to yourself. The picture isn't too bad or unusual of an example of a spread, but it differs to each place as to maybe exactly the filling.

I didn't see it so I post

I like baked meat buns. Whenever I finish up groceries I go to the bakery and pick up some fresh baked adobo buns

Lol no sperg out yet? That was fucking autistic

For friends new to dim sum, I usually order shumai, xiaolongbao, black bean spare ribs, turnip cake, steamed buns and steamed rice rolls. Peking duck and congee on the side is good too.

Fuck off northern chinese shit

Fuck off taiwan chink

There is not one decent chinese place within 40 minutes of me. Tons of chinese restaurants, but all americanized shit.

We have good thai, vietnamise, cambodian, even korean. But not chinese. No good japanese either.

It hurts.