Good, cheap protein and iron sources other than red meat

I'm trying to cut down on how much red meat I eat because I have always had problems digesting it (my stomach's a little bitch, having IBS and all) and I never really was a fan of it. I haven't been eating much red meat for a few months now, and I can't afford chicken or fish (low income household).

My problem is my nails have been breaking and chipping, as well as my hair's falling out due to the lack of iron and protein. I would try protein shakes, but the amount of sugar in them drives me away from them.

Any tips help, thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=udN5b-38Wms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

beans
eggs

Rice and beans bitch. Tofu. Chickpeas. /thread

increase vitamin e intake
eat grains, legumes, and dairy products including eggs instead of meat

Quark, or whatever it's called in english, basically a yogurt-like product with double the protein.

Eggs are just liquid chicken

Iron comes from broccoli

Hope u like farts

Legumes for protein, spinach and mustard greens for iron. There are dozens of dishes that combine the two.

Chicken is always cheaper than red meat. You need to look at either drumsticks, thighs or whole chickens (Dont buy breasts ever.)

Additionally tuna and sardines are almost free if you buy them on low quality with sales. I have no income and havent for five years. Chicken and tuna are 100% affordable on begging wages.

what is wrong with chicken breast?

Cottage cheese

I'd go with eggs for protein and spinach for iron if I was broke. Not sure what you're able to eat with the IBS, but you should probably start cooking everything possible to with a lucky iron fish for the anemia.

Protein without sweetening is easy to find you lazy shit.

Legumes, lots of legumes.

canned fish bruh
you've got your choice
tuna
sardines
kipper snacks
salmon
mackerel

rabbits.

you get two and eat the babies.

crossbreed the kits to the mother for infinite protein

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=udN5b-38Wms

beans, lentils, broccoli are so fucking cheap.

eggs and chicken are great for long time health. do not eat.

Super expensive.

Chicken hearts are super cheap and really high in iron and protein.

mushrooms have lots of good stuff

Get a cast iron pan. Studies proved cooking spaghetti sauce in cast iron adds 5mg of iron to it (RDA for men is 8mg). Of course, it’s presumed this applies to other foods, spaghetti sauce is just what they used in the study.

They taste not as good as thighs that's what's wrong

hehehe thank you user

Its $1.90 / lbs instead of $.90 / lbs like quarters. Even boneless breasts are very cheap compared to red meat

No, that doesn't really work well if the pan is seasoned like most cast iron cookware is. They chose spaghetti sauce because the acid manages to leach out some iron in the small amount of cracks in the polymerized coating, but the effect will not be the same with other less acidic foods. This is why I posted the lucky iron fish above. It is an ingot of un-seasoned cast iron developed to address iron-deficiency without sacrificing the functionality of your cookware.

Today I learnt that a cup of cooked lentils or black beans has more iron than an egg.
So lentils.
Complement those lentils with some wheat germ to make a full protein. Ignore ricefags and embrace whole wheat flour, as well as whole wheat bread.