Mushies

I am doing a bit of a poll to see if a theory someone in my family proposed was correct.

Who here in Veeky Forums likes mushrooms? Why or why not? What tasty shit can you conjure up with them?

yes. they're good. saute them in butter and eat with beef.

i like em
today i had some mushrooms i needed to use up
toasted some garlic in olive oil, added cooked mushrooms, served on spaghetti with dried red pepper and parsley w/ parmesan
was breddy gud

Love mushrooms. Gotta have 'em on my salads, on my cheese steaks, on my pasta, and on my pizza.

Love mushrooms almost every way except raw and on pizza.

Fuck yeah, although white button mushrooms are nearly tasteless. Cremini, oyster, shiitake, or porcini for me, please.

Chessnut mushrooms fried up halfed in butter until they have a crispy gden surface ontop of scrambled eggs with buttered or cream cheese bagels.

I like them. I put them in eggs salad, pasta, pizza, and on some sandwiches.

Just roasted a pound of mushrooms today using the serious eats method which yields a few ounces of mushroom juice. Had haldnof it with goat cheese and pasta.

Mushrooms are awesome. They provide dishes with a bit of a small, meaty texture and their taste is nice and earthy like a potato but with half the potential to fill you up.

I usually eat them cooked and in stuff it would traditionally go in, but I've made stuff like mushroom tacos and added them to soups and hot sandwiches before.

Mushrooms are great. Saute em or cook em over an open fire. Top tier food

I like them, but they’re not my favorite. They’re tasty in soups, stir fries, and sauces. Slice them up thin and stir fry them at high heat in peanut oil along with bell peppers, onions, zucchini, leeks, soy sauce, and ginger.

Mushrooms are GOAT. For some reason plain mushrooms are my favorite when I do kbbq. Also, Protip if you're in the US: They're cheaper and way more fresh if you buy them in bulk instead of prepackaged.

I worked at mushroom cultivation dirtiest job Ive ever done, anyway white mushrooms are watered with chlorinated water, calcium chloride and other chemical compounds at least 5 times a day, also the ''beds'' they grow on are filled with compost that is chemically processed to reduce a chance of mole or mold plague. If you really care about nutrition from eating mushrooms I recommend you to buy brown mushrooms, they are watered only with water and no chemical shit is sprayed on them they also taste better in my opinion though iam not really a big fan of shrooms in general

Easiest way to make my night. Roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Serve with red wine

Always include mushrooms in my stir frys.

Love them, but I need to get me some new ideas with them, because I tend to make the same thing.

It's a texture thing for me... Too squeeky against the teeth!

>it's the texture

Yes, but button mushrooms (your pic) are the blandest, most boring kind.

OP here, I know they're the most boring kind, I literally just typed mushroom and got a quick picture grab. Sadly, I always seem to have them here at my house. What would be better kinds to have?

As for everyone else, thank you so much for great responses!

I like them fried in butter with a good steak, or as a topping on pizza.

>As for everyone else
Oh so I guess my response wasn't good enough for you, huh? Well then fuck you, asshole. I'm done with this shit.

I never said it was a bad response. In fact, it is a pretty good response, hence why I responded directly.

I apologize for making you feel insulted though, damn. Any response is a good response.

Again, all I wanted is mushies input. I thank anyone that gives a solid response, and everything has been very quality.

wtf thats what makes mushrooms so great

tell me a mushroom related thing to draw
i am inclined to believe that part of food is expectation and the surrounding memory that contribute to the experience of food

OP again, do you want it to be realistic or can it be abstract and surreal?

Yes I like them
Because they are savoury and you can make stocks out of it. That's how savoury it is.
Just grill it, with salt and pepper and cheese is tasty enough. Stir frys. Beef stroganoff, onion soups..it is endless.

saute with equal parts garlic butter and cumin learnt from work a while back

I fucking love mushrooms OP. All kinds.
I have them on salads, on omelette, with scrambled eggs and green pepper, burgers, fried with any mexican spicy pepper, chard and spinach, made into cream and many other ways.
What's the theory anyways?

i'll just wait for the bulk mushroom salesman to knock on my apartment door

whats are some good use for mushroom stock? risotto?

DUDE SHROOMS LMAO

I don't think there is a single dish that cannot be improved with some kind of mushroom.

>american """humor"""

I made a gravy out of it once, turned out delicious

How is this poll going to work, user? Are you just coming up with a percentage of people who like shrooms?

I love mushrooms of all sorts. They have a completely unique texture and umami rich flavor. They're also a great source of vitamin D. I usually try to get portabellos or some sort of Asian mushroom, because I get tired of your standard crimini or white. Mushrooms should never be eaten raw, in my opinion.

Essential for stir fry and omelettes. Great in broth-based soups. Nice when sauted with onions: can be added to a sandwich or burger that way. For bellas, roast them in the oven with some herbs and cheese inside the cap, maybe some breadcrumbs on top. Serve with worchestershire sauce or balsamic and some cracked pepper.

If any user has a suggestion for mushroom varieties to try, I'll embrace it with open arms.

>loose bulk sausage, browned
>drain fat and mix in shredded cheddar cheese and ground sage
>stuff mushrooms caps and bake until tops are crispy and mushroom is cooked through

Nothing beats it

Love mushrooms, on pizza, in pasta, or stuffed with cheese and fried.

creamy mushrooms with lemon juice and mustard and chorizo on toast or something.

Shit is amazing.

Google it

cook it

eat it

trust me.

patrician taste

I eat mushrooms. Why? Because its another source of nutrients/vitamins that I need as vegetarian. As for cooking method, I usually just fry it bit in pan with tiny bit of oil and use that either ramen or fried rice.

Risotto, mushroom cream sauce..

mushrooms are fucking great
i generally use them for steak sauce, stews, fried rice, etc
buy something better than button mushrooms and add to carbonara, it tastes pretty good
or you could just quarter and fry in butter/oil for a side to lamb or steak
mushrooms in beef bourguignon is pretty good too