ITT: We rank the most Veeky Forums non-european countries

ITT: We rank the most Veeky Forums non-european countries.

Russia
USA

That's about it

bump

> USA
> mfw

1. Argentina
2. China
3. Japan
4. Algeria
5. Venezuela
6. Namibia
7. India
8. Russia (eastern)
9. Mongolia
10. Kazakhstan

Argentinian spotted

>american street
>actually looks comfy

what is this sorcery?

Actually I am polish and really into Borges and Cortazar.
Dzień dobry, wyrucham cię magicznym realizmem brudny chuju

They're all fast food chains. It's a mall

Objectively speaking, America is the most Veeky Forums nation in the modern world. It's the center of global culture and commerce, it has the best universities of any country on the planet, it created every significant postwar literary movement, New York City controls the planet's major publishing agencies, it has won more Nobel Prizes in literature than every other nation besides France, and its concerns dictate the world's behaviors and media.

To deny America's cultural superiority is to out yourself as irrelevant, ignorant and resentful. If you are too stupid and poor to attend an elite American university, your thoughts on the modern Western world do not matter. Period.

>Americans

Yanks were culturally and economically dominant in the 20th century, but the 21st century will be Chinese.

Australia

Romania, because we do not consider ourselves European.

>being this delusional
>he even takes bullshit university rankings seriously

Alright pierogi, now go read some T.S. Eliot

Whatever you consider yourselves is irrelevant. Romania is culturally, historically and geopolitically European.

Not even him, but this is very true. You could probably squeeze a similar argument if you took the square mileage of the US and placed it over S. America, as Colombia, Argentina, Chile combined have produced a lot of the dominant postwar literature, but if we're talking country-by-country, he isn't wrong.

Colonial architecture (heh) + being one of the most exclusive quarters in Boston.

Canada number #1 for everything. Google best country in the world and tell me the results lmao.

yeah right you stupid fucking lea-

it's true tho lmao!

>tfw i speak better English than 3/4ths of the Anglosphere and will write a masterpiece before 30

t.pajeet

Experience is subjective.

RUS stopped being lit like a hundred years ago

>it created every significant postwar literary movement

Algeria?

USA
Mexico
Japan
Colombia
Argentina
France

camus and derrida are enough to make it Veeky Forums country

is Derrida WHITE?

That's why everyone hates america, america is so mediocre yet so popular.

mixed

kek man, what a flight of fancy

MEDIOCRE BRO, WTF are you talking about. Have you seen our fucking military????

wonderful reaction picture! goes very well with your "> mfw" lol! upvoted btw

China is the new US, get ready for some new chinese literary revival.

That's Beacon Hill in Boston. There are similar looking neighborhoods in NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC, Charleston, and Savannah. Philadelphia has a particularly impressive concentration of Georgian and Federal style architecture.

Venezuela is one of the few large Latin American countries I can't think of no author of relevance.

>Brazil: Machado de Assis, Clarice Lispector, Paulo Coelho
>Mexico: Carlos Fuentes, Octavio Paz...
>Argentina: Jorge Luis Borges, Julio Cortazar, Adolfo Bioy Casares, Ernesto Sabato
>Colombia: Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nicolas Gomez Davila
>Peru: Mario Vargas Llosa, Cesar Vallejo, José Carlos Mariátegui
>Chile: Pablo Neruda, Roberto Bolaño, Isabel Allende
>Uruguay: Mario Benedetti, Eduardo Galeano

I can't think of any Venezuelan.

and what has an army anything to do with literature???

>Eduardo Galeano

shit

Jewish

MAGA
A
G
A

nice damage control, faggot

>what has an army got to do with literature???
LMFAO, WOW. Just when I thought I heard it all. Um, OK there, kiddo, ya sure we've got an Army, but, last time I checked we also have the MARINES, NAVY, COAST GUARD, and the AIR FORCE. How about a little fucking respect there chief.

>Eduardo Galeano
>Mario Benedetti
>Paulo fucking Coelho
>Isabel Allende
You can't go mentioning Uruguayan countries without mentioning god-tier Juan Carlos Onetti, or good Horacio Quiroga.
Instead of Allende, say José Donoso, he's one of the best of the Boom.
Venezuela has Rómulo Gallegos. On of the most important prize in hispanic literature is named after him. You should know about the Rómulo Gallegos, i think.

Hoorah, Devil Dog.

If you moved north into NH and Vermont and Portland, ME, you enter lit paradise.

>America is the most Veeky Forums nation in the modern world
Except it isn't. America has a shit public education, especially in literacy.

> It's the center of global culture and commerce
Yanks have no culture other than enjoying the complete breakdown of the social order.

> it has the best universities of any country on the planet
Britain ruled postwar literature

>New York City controls the planet's major publishing agencies
Pearsons is the biggest book publisher on the planet and it is British.

>and its concerns dictate the world's behaviors and media.

No it doesn't.

As an American, I wouldn't take being the most Veeky Forums country in the modern world as a compliment. If anything, considering the state of the arts, it's something to be ashamed of. Historically Germany and Russia are the best, but in modern society America is probably at the top.

Also OP, my answer is Argentina.

Canada
South Korea
Cambodia
Australia?
Ukraine
Chad
Vietnam
Phillipines

>Russia
European-ish

>USA
European derived

Australia has a pretty based poetry scene. People like Les Murray, John Kinsella, John Tranter and Dorothy Porter are fantastic poets that don't get nearly enough attention. Most of the good verse novels of the past 30years were written in Australia.

>Philippines
We had a good literature scene before the war and in the early years after the war, but the war pretty much profoundly damaged our culture so much that it never bounced back.

Not only that, by the '60s and '70s America completely became our cultural center of gravity, and when globalization kicked in, we got absorbed thoroughly.

Nowadays, our literature is either bourgeois self-indulgent crap, recycled short romance stories or Marxist/nationalist intellectual masturbation. Sad.

>jew detected

we don't consider you European either, Romanichel.

signed: proud peoples of Europe

north african j00

how about Niger, Chechnya, Bosnia, Djibouti, Mauritius, Guatemala, Ghana and the Vatican?

Not a fan of Australian poetry, so I'm not in a position to say. But let me say this: fuck Oodgeroo Noonuccal. Shit poems, just plain white guilt and profiting off being part of the stolen generation.

thanks, user :)
have an upboat yourself!

steven unvierse

kenya, dreams from my father

Does France count as a north-african country?

For Brazil replace Coelho with Guimaraes Rosa and Euclides da Cunha.

Not more than the UK does. Plus they've officially claimed themselves non-european, so I guess they will become an African nation.

I have a feeling that the US is a cultural center of gravity for the entire world which deep down I don't feel is too bad...literature evolves over time which I don't feel is such a bad thing...