Tfw cannot understand written geography

>tfw cannot understand written geography

like...the written word geography?

No, when an author describes a areas geography I get confused, I usually can't get a picture in my head. I also can't keep track of directions.

I'm not allowed to insult phoneposters

Does Wojak smoke?

I can't understand written geoduck

well to be fair it's a hard thing for a writer to really do anyway.
If anything your own logic is holding you back.
anyone who disagrees is actually kinda delusional, maybe more imaginative, but there's a lot of overlap there

That means you have very low spatial intelligence. If you were given an IQ test, you perform poorly.

No, it's YOUR fault

*you would
Try again, sweetie

Philadelphia is like way west in Pa. Right near the goddamn ocean, above jersey.

you get any of that?

Yeah, it's just specific details that fuck me over. It why I could never read the LoTR books, too much geography.

you know books that do this kind of description also have like a dozen maps at the beginning of the book you can flip back and look at, right?

Two much work

only fat Wojak. He's trying to use it as a method to lose weight but it's not working. Now he's addicted to food and cigarettes. The nicotine curbs his hunger, but he doesn't eat because he's hungry. He eats because he's bored, uncomfortable, and he's already fat so what kind of damage is another cheeseburger or two gonna really do? At least he'll die quicker this way or get lung cancer and he'll finally have an excuse to garner pity from his family members that make him feel bad for not being a modicum successful.

>author lists all these specific types of plants, trees, or rock types I don't know.

Ay ahhh....there was like this goddamn dandillion and shit, and a freakin' tulip tree or whatever, and there's this dumb fucking brown rock just laying there like an asshole. So that's freakin' end. see ya, queer.

I can understand geography.

I can't understand any sort of fight sequence, though. That just turns into sentences that I can't really process, so I usually just skim to the parts where either important characters die, or someone talks.

I can't understand when the writer tries to write your mom's sex scenes. There's guys of all races and sizes and disabilities going in and out of what seems to be 4 holes, there's farm animals in there, there might be space aliens but the author kind of leaves that up in the air, you got monologues from her aching assholes, it's all kinds of confusing.

Know this feel really well.

The first chapter of Grapes of Wrath went completely over my head.

Honestly I'm guessing it comes from living in an urban enviroment and rarely using geographical terms for day to day conversation.

If I were to read "green rolling hills" I would think of the tellytubbies. If I were to read "a preciptious, craggy cliffface", I would think of the enviroments in Skyrim, maybe a few of the Scottish hills I've climbed, but the images are always foggy (sometimes non-existent) compared to descriptions of rooms, houses and urban architecture.

I don't have the visual data-bank for vivid countryside descriptions. Most of my life is spent indoors or in the city (expeditions to the countryside are too infequent and short to stick in my head)

My mom is old and not really that attractive. Why are you reading sex scenes about her? You are odd.

Old and really not that attractive Magazine

>having to mark a page in the beginning and flipping back every thirty seconds

Pretty tiring, senpai

o shit

lol

Google is your friend in this regard

The landscape in Skyrim is modeled off of real places in like Montana and New Zealand though, so you're not far off in your imaginings

I got that you don't know what west means.

I can't imagine that kind of existence

I meant east, but didn't really care enough to correct it.

desu I thought you were fucking with him for being geographically illiterate.

yeah, that's why i decided to not even bother correcting it. what the fuck does it matter if the dumb fuck doesn't know anyway?

Fucking thread got 20 replies before anyone noticed anyway.

>I also can't keep track of directions.
In real life or in text?

Fat Wojak ought to try extended water fasting.

there's also verbal intelligence desu, that's all ashkenazis needed to become titans of culture considering their low spatial iq

>he didn't start with the greeks

After reading Thucydides and Livy you should have a workable understanding of most European/Mediterranean geography, along with the ability to build on that and absorb different and more modern areas.

That's the reward for flipping to the maps at the back of your book every three pages.

Feels sad, man.

I know that feel, bro.
We need more books about plants.