What are some ways to motivate yourself to actually write your damn book when other things tempt you instead? Honestly...

What are some ways to motivate yourself to actually write your damn book when other things tempt you instead? Honestly, if I can get myself to write, I think what I'm writing is pretty good. This thing I'm doing right now--making this thread--it's not writing my book either!

>reading
>tv/movies
>vidya
>fapping
>internet/Veeky Forums/etc

These are all things distracting me from writing. Please help.

The idea of dying having accomplished jack shit, like an asshole.

Even if zero people read my book, I will die slightly more contented.

Also it's about a heroin

Remove all distractions. Disconnect your internet, for example.

Set a daily goal for yourself: 1000 words a day or something. Not x hours, because you'll dick around during that time instead of writing.

Have a friend read your chapters, so you'll have an obligation to write to another person instead of just yourself.

There, I gave you three tips. Now stop making excuses for yourself and start writing

Your thread alone makes it clear that you should not ever write a single word because you're neither talented nor inspired. Your writings would only pollute the literary world. Please, do something else.

Relying on motivation is a trap. You don't get shit done by being motivated, you get it done through discipline.
These tips help build discipline

>you get it done through discipline
well cucked, my friend

Both motivation and displine are typical American lies, i.e. a bunch or bullshit for which you all constantly fall. You write good shit solely and exclusively if you're inspired and naturally, instinctively moved towards it.

Thanks guys. Bumping for more.

Who hurt you?

I'm your perfect guy to get a reply from. Hang on...

lol faggot

You are pathetic

Henry Miller sez:
>Work on one thing at a time until finished.
>Start no more new books

Have you tried smoking weed?

Don't fap. It removes the testosterone-driven aggression that men need to motivate themselves

yep, gives inspiration but makes me easily distracted/amused
nice broscience

>basing your life around five seconds of slight discontent before eternal nothingness

better do what you like to do rather than do what you would like to have done

Oy,

I like dis

Laundromats are so fucking aesthetic and haunting holy shit.

Start smoking tobacco as a ritual before you write. Having a predictable routine every day is key.

If you're not motivated to write it, it's probably shit.

The end product will be artificial and lame.

>getting lungs cancer to write
kek

you better not write at all, cuck

If you don't care about writing enough to actually fucking write instead of doing other stupid shit:

Don't fuckin write.

Get some piracetam. Nootropics put my mind in a very creative mood.

The thing is, I DO have motivation. The inspiration within me to write my books is overwhelming at times, but at the same time, my thirst for hedonistic and leisure activities competes with that spring of inspiration. It's not that I'm lazy, or lack motivation, but that the simple pleasures in life are extremely powerful---equal or greater in power to my well of inspiration. My spirit is willing----too willing, sickeningly willing---but my flesh is weak.

>2017
>still watching movies
hahahahahahahahahahahah look at this fag people

>thinks he's patrician
>doesn't a 2TB hard drive filled with 1080p BD rips of arthouse and foreign films

Movies are "text" too, you know.

>implying i don't have a 2tb hd filled with arthouse crap

the only movie i want to see this year is the new blade runner, cuz to be honest the new trailer was pretty god damn dank

I feel like this picture could be in Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice.

have you read what a lot of writers have said on writing? Many have said that if you can pour out writing maybe you really are just turning on a shit fountain.