What is the worst example of a book that you've ever come across and/or read?

What is the worst example of a book that you've ever come across and/or read?

I don't mean a book you strongly disliked while others strongly enjoyed it. I don't mean a book you find overrated. I mean the trashiest, pulpiest, coffee-table-iest piece of pop culture shitshow you've ever come across? Shit like Shakespeare told through emojis. Shit that is just going to embarrass everybody if you know they went out of their way to buy that shit.

My youngest brother's favourite book. He's 20.

worst

or BEST???

> one of the most popular books amongst young girls
> concerns have genuinely arisen in schools ordering this book claiming that it's so popular that it's dumbing the children down
> fashion blogger youtuber has a book ghostwritten with her name attached and makes millions
> this shit makes millions

No wonder people say print is dead. There will be no Joyce of the 21st century.

holy shit someone actually bought the hamlet version? 'sry new #' hahahahahaha

This shit is everywhere. Every major bookshop, every supermarket, fucking charity shops, everywhere.

Not necessarily this title itself, but these trashy romance novels by this terrible publisher appear everywhere. Who the fuck buys this shit?

> tfw people do buy this shit nonetheless
> tfw envious of people who land a job with this company and make money by selling their lazy writing

That's cool though

Women. Women buy that retarded shit.

>And we let these people vote

But what if I don't have a coffee table, Kramer?

> releasing a book for children that dumbs them down

This is why book burnings need to be a thing again. In 1000 years time, nobody is going to give a shit with whatever Zoella said about her YouTube channel. For every shitty YouTuber book we burn we should be able to exchange it for a lost ancient text of significance.

DaVinci Code was awful, exploitative, and derivative, and I am old enough to be dating women at the time. EVERYONE "loved to read" and everyone read DaVinci Code.

> tfw i'm a woman
> tfw I don't know any women who buy this crap

It's usually elderly people. They're barely people.

I think I'm lucky enough never to have come across this shakespeare emoji mess of a book series.

It's fine to refer to Rupi Kaur's Milk & Honey because nobody really likes it anyway. Not even poetry. Just vague blog posts with MS paint illustrations.

Anyone remember a year and a half ago when these were a huge fad? Maybe they still are but I remember I couldn't go into a book shop, a shopping centre, a supermarket, hell, even places that didn't typically sell books like record stores seemed to have them in stocked.

I have some around somewhere in my house with barely any use to them.

>tfw never watched a pewdiepie video until a few months ago because thought he was just for little kids
>actually thought he was funny
>watched a bunch of his videos
>now i'm subscribed to his channel

i'm 23

I think he must've had a transitioning point from appealing to dumb young kids towards a more alternative millennial twenty-something audience. I assume that must've happened when journalists were trying to call him out as a nazi for some dumb joke he made.

I read every single fucking book by Dan Brown by the age of 15. While taken as a whole I think his ovure is junk food, Angel's and Demons was super fun to a 15 year old, and it provided me with a broader knowledge of art (Bernini), science (CERN, antimatter) and was a simple idea farm. I have no problem with Dan Brown, though all his work is clearly formulaic pulp. It's certainly not the worst.

Fifty Shades of Grey is a genuine piece of shit. There's a reason why people are returning it in droves to stores and charity shops to the extent where they say they can no longer accept copies of the book.

Also not Fifty Shades of Grey but somewhat related:

Kramer is a literary genius.

>go to charity shop looking for R@R€ books
>see shelves full of this shit instead

It's filthy, isn't it?

Yeah Dan Brown is fine if you haven't graduated HS. My 7th grade teacher gave me Deception Point and I liked it so much I read his whole bibliography.

Nah it was before that, he started moving away from the 12 year old audience around a year ago

I still see them around quite a bit. I don't really get it, though. Why can't people just create their own art from scratch?

That requires thought, creativity, skill, etc.

Most god awful book ever worse than 50 shades of gray for the level of writing