What's the consensus on elk?

What's the consensus on elk?

They're big.

All meat is murder, consuming the murdered flesh of another innocent life is unethical :(

They're mammals

Nice looking bread op

They live primarily in the northern United States and Canada

I knew a guy a few years back who hit one on a route upstate. He kept the meat and gave me a 4 lb roast and a few steaks. It had a real nice flavor. I was expecting venisen, but it was much much better.

Did you steal that from Joe Rogan's Instagram?

For you

Gamey, but appetizing
i find cooking it like venison works well enough

Is gamey supposed to be a downside?

0 carbs

for plebes it can be off putting, and if you cook for others, catering to the lowest common denominator is standard

I am okay with murder.

If someone hunts for their meat or fishes for it, chances are they did a lot more for the conservation of the natural world than anyone who bitches about the act ever has or will

yes

Fucking Rogan sustains on elk meat and jalapenos. Had it for the first time last week and throughly enjoyed it. Wasn't the best meat I ever had but would eat it over grocery store steaks.

Meme deer

all animals want to live

What do you reckon Joe Rogan's farts smell like with all these dishes containing mountains of eggs, elk meat, jalapenos and hot sauce?

>unmelted cheese
Stop it, Joe. Melt your fucking cheese

>eating roadkill
Come on. That is literally the lowest tier of meat you can get, regardless of what it is.

What about creating brainless animals? Is it ethical to eat animals without brains, could they even be called animals if they can't even display the essential behaviors of an animal?

Sponges are animals but don't have brains

Humans are animals and I don't want to live. Checkmate, vegans.

I like whatever you make, dear.

If you had reading comprehension abilities, you'd know that the guy hit the elk. It was fresh, you moron.

elk is excellent- it subs well for reindeer if you ever decide to mess around with Nordic recipes. Pretty tasty whether it's whole cuts, burgers, jerky, or even sausage.

If meat is murder then I am Stalin