If you had to boil it down to 4

>If you had to boil it down to 4

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D6DFC655F7BEBC533B467E8EE0E8F03F
deadanimalremovalatlanta.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Dead_Deer_Removal_Johns_Creek.31280802.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Laozi
lol

>Laozi
>Not Zhuangzi
Wow lad. That's genuinely embarassing.

Joycey boy, Pynch, Dave and Rupi.

Shelley, Marx, Pynchon, Jameson

Kant, Hegel, Beckett and Rilke.

You can have the rest.

Don't worry you'll correct urself oneday

>Homer
>Shakespeare
>Dante
>Plato

Swap in Tolstoy, Joyce, Ovid, or Virgil at your liking.

heidegger already btfo'd all the footnotes to plato including chinese hume

>Ovid
>Dante
>Joyce
>Proust

>I've never read any of these writers, but when I do I'm sure they'll be my favourite!

>Ovid
>Dante
>Shakespeare
>Goethe

The only correct pedant answer

Are you stupid? What reason do you have to assume every person in this thread hasn't read the writers they're claiming as their most essential four?

The level of insecurity in this post

shut up "le positive outlook" fag
kek, btfo

you're not impressing anyone

I'm not le positive outlook, I'm just saying that there is NO information in this thread to support that people haven't read the authors they're praising, because all they've done is post their names.

If people were posting excerpts from Wikipedia about why these authors are great, then i would have some suspicions.

tl;dr shut up "le negative outlook" faggot

>Lao-Tse
>Heidegger
>Lacann
Off yourself this instant.

A true patrician

Joyce, Shakespeare, Freud, Nietzsche

Cervantes, Aristotle, Tolkien. Can't pick a fourth

And i actually read them

pretty good opie

Which one does not belong? I love this game OP, but this one is too easy.

Most patrician post on this board. These kiddos prefer their Gnosticism and voodoo though, yet you know better. Congratulations you have won WESTERN CIVILIZATION!

Which?!?!?
Please do tell

Shakespeare, Tolstoy for sure.

The other two... I couldn't pick with confidence.

Shakespeare because he wasn't a philosopher, dimwit.

Oh I totally forgot

>heinigger
>lacrap

Neck yourself

speaking of boiling it down to 4 audible got a 2 for 1 sale on great courses lectures and i got two credits, what should i cop? recommend me something dank, and preferable something rare that isn't on every torrent site known to man (since that i means i probably already listened to it)

Shakespeare
Cao Xueqin
Dante
Proust or Homer or Joyce or Tolstoy or Murasaki

Homer
Jesus
Marx
Nietzsche

I think I would wanna fight Shakespeare.

Homer to smoke with.

Plato to bitch slap; after we were done listening to Homes

And Nietzsche to assist some heat on Shakes bitches.

Marx, Woolf, Pynchon and Borges

seconded

>tfw this post is right and the whole board goes mad

back to whence you came, redditfag

Think the main argument could be:
It's impossible to have read enough to make a top 4 favorite intellectual writers, AND browse this board regularly. Wtf you doing here grandpa?
Would take years to read all these books at the same you work at a job to sustain yourself.

Or you're a neet with no life, reading more than one book a week.

>chinese hume
giggled

>When I say I had to boil it down to four will think that I read a lot more of the philosophy bookies
>This will in turn increase my standing on an anonymous image board centered around le bookies
>paint.exe

Hume, Descartes, Kant, Wittgenstein.

No. Shakespeare, because he wasn't a fraud.

not bad

>instead of posting my own 4 favorite fantasy and YA authors, I am going to shitpost about people who read philosophy

Okay, lad. Who are your favorites?

Aristotle, just because I feel like I could spend years unraveling the stuff he wrote and he covered so many topics

And then Plato, Shakespeare, Melville

Autism.

Antonio Gramsci, Carl Schmitt, Justus Möser and Thomas Hobbes.

what is gramsci doing there

dat sweet sweet cultural hegemony, my man

>not being a postmarxist paleoconservative reactionary
I really want to read Lasch but I'm simply unable to get my hands on one of his books.

Schmitt is incompatible with Hobbes though.

>Kafka
>DFW
>DeLillo
>empty

The only writers whose works I have read >80% of. You shouldn't be allowed to meme someone if you haven't done at least that

Schmitt discusses Hobbes quite ambivalently. It's much more of a dialogue than a simple rejection. I put Hobbes in that list because I discovered Schmitt through his critique of Hobbes. I could have also put Rousseau there but I only have read secondary sources on him and that felt dishonest.

I think it goes without saying that I do not agree with all 100%.

postmarxist paleoconservative reactionaries are the heroes of civilization

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D6DFC655F7BEBC533B467E8EE0E8F03F

God bless, user. God bless.

Plato, Hegel, Plotinus, Novalis

What about Spinoza if you like Hegel?

Spinoza was more or less my initiation into western Philosophy, and I will always appreciate him, but I think his ideas are very simple. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to figure out once you get the basic idea.

That said, I haven't read the Theologico-Political Treatise. Would like to get around to that at some point.

I'm guessing you dig Spinoza...?

Steven King
JK Rowling
Stephanie Meyer
E.L. James

I started through Spinoza but I mainly use him as a core philosophy, that is indeed somewhat simple, almost practical but still very "down to earth" and refreshing. Doesn't mean you can't build up a lot on top of it, if you adopt the right method, much like French thinkers like Foucault or Bourdieu.

Also the TIE really must be read.

>Shakespeare
>Tolstoy
>Chekhov

delillo
decerteau
deleuze
debord

>4
>not 2

Here's the information, and in my opinion it is substantial. First of all, everybody in this thread is a Veeky Forums poster, meaning that if they had read the authors they are posting there is little to no chance that they understood them or have the capacity to appreciate their work. Further, the act of posting your 'favorites' in a thread like this is not indicative of a depth of understanding of any literature, but of a vain sort of approval seeking.

The woman who wrote the Torah, Freud, Chinua Achebe, Richard Yates

>Authors of Bible
>Zhuangzi
>Seneca
>J.J. Fux

Nietzche
Julius Evola
Pre-Socratic Greeks
Varg Vikernes

decent bait

I see half of you motherfuckers are uninformed. Do yourself a favor and read this article:

deadanimalremovalatlanta.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Dead_Deer_Removal_Johns_Creek.31280802.jpg

>Virgil
teehee

>Beethoven
>Bach
>Berlioz
>Beckett

Bobby: The puddin, and the heart; if you could spit on the eyes of fools, spit on mine, and I'll catch it with my tongue.

Berlioz . . .
Why not the Pilgrim-Walkure; the cucker of Burlow; the shagger of Liszt lil-tall girl?

-------
Or perhaps you're convinced he was just an actor; as you will not fall into the "maestros" lair, like our dearly beloved Neech was.

>No pychon
>No Nietzsche
get on my Veeky Forums meme culture

Schmitt in his Concept of Political considers the foundation of Hobbes' political philosophy ignorant of the actual state of nature.. state-govt shouldn't be something that can fix or replace state of nature (as he considers it to be in Hobbes philosophy) but something that can take it into account and use it for politics (enemy-friend groupings)