Post writing advice

Post writing advice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pHW1I8T0caI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't

find a more lucrative hobby

All writing is necessary writing, all you do has merit.

No person deserves a monopoly on language, no critic is sole arbiter of proper use.

Glenn Gould gives good advice: youtu.be/pHW1I8T0caI

sometimes you can use pencils. One time I wrote on my hand when I didn't have paper handy

It's never worth the money.
You will never be famous enough.
Only write if you are writing it for your own sake.

Write

read constantly
write 100+ short stories then throw them away

carry a notebook around for ideas and whimsy

don't show anyone anything for 5 years

>don't show anyone anything for 5 years

this

>taking writing advice from people who don't make money from writing
I don't suggest this if you want to make money from writing. I suggest looking up advice from people who make money from writing.

>No person deserves a monopoly on language, no critic is sole arbiter of proper use.
and water is wet

>wanting or aiming to make money from writing.

you've got more chance becoming a rockstar......and nobody even listens to rock music anymore

The best advice is read and read good shit and read for fun, if you don't love it just stop trying

>he thinks it's about "chance"

that's the saddest thing a person could possibly aspire to

Read good prose and think what author thought when he was writing it. There is no universal way, you are supposed to struggle with every part of it.

Read every day. Read more than you want to. Read until you feel sick from reading, then read some more.

Write every day. Write more than you want to. Write until you feel sick from writing, then write some more.

Drink whisky.

>Drink whisky.

>brother dies from alcoholism......start a vodka company

Is it true Trump has never drunk alcohol?

Is it true he only drinks the blood of mooslim bbs?

Leave Veeky Forums.

Form an addiction for inspiration. Get published. Live in self-imposed poverty and social exile. Die young and have your work immortalized.

Making money from writing is not the only purpose of literature. It's a form of expression. And its an end in itself.

exactley. aiming to make a living as a writer is beyond retarded

>no person deserves a monopoly on language
Tell that to Taylor Swift, who set the precedent for the coming corporate practice of trademarking entire phrases and quotes.

Totalitarian/aristocratic monopolies on thoughts and ideas are soon to follow. If you don't own a flock, you're a part of someone else's; and even if you do own one, it's guaranteed to be a minority of an older shepherd's flock -- they're only letting you do the work for them while they still take a cut above the rest.