Books against self-hate?

Books against self-hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!4ANyTaqA!4KEFUr3xFqAm1xofAt7_jQ
personal.psu.edu/~j5j/IPIP/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you hate yourself?

Because I'm a stupid degenerate. I'm wasting the best years of my life watching fucking youtube videos and masturbating instead of growing as a person. I could just as well be dead.

Maybe nietzsche. Haven't gotten to him though.

just watch tamayura. It actually healed me.

Thanks, user. I actually haven't watched SoL (or anime in general) for quite some time. Maybe this is what I need right now.
>implying my ADD brain is able to read
I wish. Or maybe I don't actually, since I never put any effort into my reading attempts.

Definitely this. I haven't gotten to Nietzsche either, but I know he's just what you need

no, i've read Nietzsche, and yes he's just what you need

I just realized that I specifically asked for book recs in the OP. I might actually be the dumbest person on this planet.

Not Op, but I just started Beyond good and Evil because I had no idea what was going on in Thus Spoke Zipity-do-da. I'm still a little confused, but it has lit a fucking spark!

I'm sure that's not true.
for starters I'd stop spending too much time on the internet watching youtube, or pissing away time on the chans (you've identified this as a problem yourself). cut back on the wanking.

Read things that you find insperational. This doesn't have to be self-help books, this could be biographies of someone you admire, sci-fi anything. The most important thing about reading is that you're genuinely enthusiastic about it.
Also try going out and doing things you enjoy. walk in apark, go runnning, meet with freinds (if you're a normee). take up hobbies where you feel you're building a skillset (I'd prioritise playing and instrument or learning to draw or something rather than passive activities like vidya). I ike to bake.

>I could just as well be dead.

thats bullshit and you know it. spend some time exploring things that you value and are at least semi-productive. you'll find that you'll become a bit more settled in yourself and can start to ask yourself bigger questions without going into full on meltdown mode (oh fuck what should i do with my life!!!). stop giving yourself a hard time for a while. you're not a bad person.......and you're probaby not even that old, so your life is far from over

mega.nz/#F!4ANyTaqA!4KEFUr3xFqAm1xofAt7_jQ

Yeah, I'm gonna set this shit straight right now. I'm not well liked. Why? Because people who are wealthier than me don't like me. Does this extrapolate to other people I've never met? Absolutely. Being enemies with rich people sucks. It doesn't, though, prevent you from getting shit done. I have rich enemies. I still manage to work 50 fucking hours a week and rake in a decent chunk of change every year despite all this. People don't like me in my area, and it's caused me to not even remotely try and associate with anyone, all because of this pathetic culture of nu-downtown fucking abbey. I spite all of them by being successful, keeping my job, meeting my obligations, impressing my father (the only living person I actually know and respect), and being absolutely indifferent to a multitude of insults, death threats, and general harassment. Why? I just don't fucking care. Its hilarious. These people are wasting their time. If you're gonna raise a banner for something, make it something bigger than your own fucking self. I have some pretentious people who just have the money to blow to try and make my life hard, and I'm laughing because they're so concerned, so obsessed with this insignificant vendetta they have against me. It means nothing! You'll die, and I'll die, and our little battle will be forgotten to all time, the most insignificant waste of life that both parties actively engage in. I find meaning in my life despite all of your depredations, merely by ignoring them! That is your legacy and failure. Congratulations.

Thank you so much, user.
I will try to follow your advice. I probably really should spent less time on the internet, considering that I am not even doing anything particular most of the time. Same with masturbating, it doesn't even feel good most of the time nowadays.
As for hobbies, I will see if I can find something that interests me, just like with books.
Thank you for taking your time posting in my thread, even though it was pathetic as fuck (the thread). I hope you have a good day.
god bless
I'm glad that you're successful

To be honest I'm really tired (4:30 AM) so I'm gonna go to sleep now. Thanks to everyone who bothered replying, if you want you can report the thread so that it gets deleted faster

good night.
sleep well

i don't know where that came from, but just reading this made me pretty much agree with your sentiment.

you sound like your having people try and make you forcibly go through a bit of a rough time and your giving them hell right back, and from the way you make it sound, that must take some courage. how much easier it might be for you to just slack and give up.

what did you end up raising your banner for if not yourself against these people who hate you?

Sleep snug, thug :)

I am reading Cicero writings about Stoics is somehow working on me

If you want anime, sometimes the cheesiest yet no retarded things can help
I would strongly recommend you K-On

If you actually hated yourself you would change who you are. You're just a faggot.

>t. someone who's never felt self-hate

Stop reading. Punish yourself through physical training.

upanishads.

You are god. And you have tricked yourself into self-hatred because you are bored.

But why? Self-hate is healthy, keeps you on your toes.

Is you female?

i like you. don't give up. i'm sorry.

First, take this big 5 personality test
>personal.psu.edu/~j5j/IPIP/

It's likely that you'll come out as very high in neuroticism. Neuroticism is a personality. Learn more by watching Jordan B. Peterson's Personality lectures. Then, if you want to learn more about neuroticism, read Karen Horney's "Neurosis and Human Growth". I'm currently reading it, it really shines a light on your thinking. If you can at least become aware of your neurotic thinking, you can already start taking steps towards changing your life for the better.

In sterquilinus invenitur!

>Tfw 99 percent neurotic

Should I just kill myself now? Reeeeeeee

you have the gift of humour, so there's a start

>growing as a person
spooky

sometimes you hate yourself for things that are impossible to change