Good coffee

How should a good coffee be made?
I'm an instant coffee drinking guy. Is there a generally better way to have your coffee?

Better than instant? Instant coffee is made from floor sweepings and asphalt. It barely, barely qualifies as coffee in the first place.

Do you think you could make better soup than freeze-dried shit made by a massive corporation?

tl;dr
>Get good beans from local roastery
>Grind them yourself (weigh them out, dont use scoops or spoons)
>Brew in equipment of choice. Im fond of aeropress and V60.

Thats 90% of the job for getting good coffee.

>Is there a generally better way to have your coffee?

Literally every single other way except boiling whole beans over a campfire.

and even that it's better than instant coffee

>I'm a drinking my own piss guy. Is there a generally better way to have a drink?

if you have the money to spare get yourself a one element expresso machine (the meme expresso machines are like 1000$ and upwards, a deLonghi domestic one it's like 80$) none of those DRM capsule machines and a coffee grinder.
Grind your cofee until it's like potting soil consistency, put a full teaspoon of cofee in the cofee machine cup, press a little with something, screw the element in the machine and hit the button. Easy.

this is actually some solid advice
vbm domobar and v60 here

once you figured out what brewing method brings out the kind of taste you want from your coffee the rest is just finding some good fresh beans and not fucking up your process, that's pretty much all that's to it.

im partial to my french press. every time i try to percolate coffee in the vietnamese style im completely disappointed and drip coffee like you get at timmys or breakfast places is always just so watery

>boil lots of water in kettle
>put grounds in french press
>pour only enough water to make the grounds all wet; give it a quick stir or slosh if needed
>foam should appear
>let the foamy mess stand for a minute or two
>come back and top it off with the rest of the hot water
>put lid+plunger assembly on french press and press it down slowly (a normal 4-6 cup press should take you a full 5 seconds to press down. you should feel it takes some force but use the minimum you can to make the plunger move at all)
>draw plunger up quickly
>plunge down again at about the same speed
>let stand again to cool to a drinkable temperature
>enjoy coffee

>Literally every single other way except boiling whole beans over a campfire.
literally how turks do it and they have the best coffee

>made from floor sweepings and asphalt.
theres a brand of gum like this and its the best gum ever made. the pink and blue ones you can only get in coin op screw-operated vending machines

if you want a consistent cofee with a vietnamese, you should grind the cofee a lot and give it a good press so the water stays more time filtering

>literally how turks do it
Except they grind to a stupidly fine powder and cook in a pit of hot sand.

You should have name-dropped Ethiopia if you wanted to pretend you know dick-all.

or i could just use a non-shit method that isnt straight shit for adorable but ultimately retarded people who wont go out with me

honestly, just get one of those pod machines.

to get a coffee to taste better you need expensive equipment and a level of ocd that im not comfortable with.

no you won't get a better taste with the right grinder + an aeropress or a moka pot.

I almost got laid thanks to my lavassa machine. girl came to my room for a coffee. was blown away.....then i sperged out and started talking about traps on the internet (i was trying to come across a lgbt friendly as i knew her sister was a dyke but went off on a tangent).

meme expresso machines are for lazy people
also, it makes good cofee... at the beginning. Then they start giving you watery cofee. Learn to do a proper expresso machine, a 80 buck delonghi always give you a consistent cofee and you only need to de-calcify the circuit
a meme expresso machine it's never the same after the first decalfication process

I was saying how to make a good vietnamese, I hate the percolating methods because they are slow and eak

>no you won't get a better taste
this is true but honestly, coffee is pretty good and many people like it as it is. those that don't can get by with adding sugar, milk, or even chocolate or hazelnut syrup to it.

but if you really genuinely hate coffee why not just like not drink coffee?? become a /sip/ memester instead or rail caffeine pills, or even just drink black or green tea

Oh shit, that's a dick. I thought it was a mushroom slice with an outboard motor.

shit now that ive read your post i cant unsee it to see the dick again

>expresso

Turkish/bosnian coffee is the most vile shit ever. possibly even worse than instant

>yes

way to ruin a funny image with this completely retarded completely unwitty text