Good books with over 1000+ pages

my diary desu

COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO

Orlando Furioso

War and Peace

The Sea of Fertility

dare i say it?

Sorry but that book is garbage

No it isn't you contrarian faggot. Did you even read it?

Yes. I really enjoyed the part about him being in the tower though.

Infinite jest ofc

city of god
clarissa
women & men

i think thats more or less the exhaustive list

It's the most autistic erotic diary of all time.
It's one of the best too

Picture unrelated?
My copy of the new testament clocks in at 876 pages though.

Infinite meme

The Book of the New Sun

Not common enough to have more than a couple unless you count cereals that have later been combined like Dumas'es.

Do you want to be immersed in a very big and expanded literary universe that is not science fiction or fantasy?

Some fantasy in a realistic historical setting

None. Absolutely zero.

Any author who fails to make his or her point in under 1,000 pages is an absolute pseudo-intellectual charlatan.

Garbage.

The anatomy of melancholy
The man without qualities
Joseph and his brothers

the main book is about 400 pages, the rest is "appendix".

the main book is about 400 pages, the rest is "appendix".

This seems interesting. Tell us more

Rotting pile of trash

Everybody's gonna shit on me but it by king was a spooky read.

what by king?

It.

Middlemarch

This. Everyone, read this. Don't listen to the memers too scared to read it who just shit talk it so they don't have to.

It was okay, until the end, but his writing makes me cringe regularly.

This is arguably his greatest achievement. If he hadn't already written GR, and people weren't such pussies about long books, this novel would have been a huge phenomenon. It's fucking great

Nice! Against the Day, at roughly 1100 pages, is best described as the last gaseous puff of putrefying corpse.

how can a corpse puff, unless it's a whale or your mum?

count of monte cristo

Communist manifesto.

Yeah, the preteen gang bang was silly, but it was good story.

the modern west?

>Communist manifesto.
>over 1000 pages

Nice! You should read it sometime.

my copy only has 75 :(
where do i get the 1k extended edition?

I have read it, unfortunately.

I would rather read Devil in the White City every minute of every day for the rest of my life than read ten pages of AtD ever.

go fuck yourself

In Search of Lost Time
War & Peace
Don Quixote

Is it worth it? I mean infinite jest ofc

>My copy of the new testament clocks in at 876 pages though.

>NT = Holy Bible

uhh breh. The OT is even longer. NT+OT = Holy Bible. Where is your logic?

Have you even read Clarissa???

I agree. I think it's better than gravity's rainbow.

Tale of Genji
Dream of the Red Chamber

The Anatomy of Melancholy

I like cheesy sci-fi. :3

So it sounds pretty good then desu

It's okay to be too dumb for some novels when you first start reading, buddy. You'll get there, I promise. We're all gonna make it.

It

Hello gentlemen

Twilight-in-one, unabridged, the critique.
>Repetition of "Twilight is shit." equal to just over the entire series' word count.

Dickens gets a lot of flak on Veeky Forums but Bleak House is one of the best books I've ever read. Despite its length I've read it multiple times.

Don't mind him, he's just this thread's designated Pynchon basher

hahaha man we get it you don't believe in god

But he didn't post a picture of Capital.

> over 1000+
> over one-thousand plus

Against the Day, at roughly 1100 pages, is best described as a book (You) have never read.

My copy of Don Quixote. Has anybody here ever read the unabridged Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the unabridged Mahabharata?

These are great
Have you read this? It looks interesting.

The Pickwick Papers is clearly his magnum opus, which is strange, as it was published so early

My dad, and he says not to even bother with RoTK you can't read it in traditional Chinese. And he's an ardent Cao Cao and Zhuge Liang supporter (dueling ideologies) and thinks Lu Bu and Liu Bei are blubbering idiots, so take his opinion for what it's worth, which in my opinion, is the correct one.

The Mahabharata is excellent my dude.
The Bhagavad Guita is definitely one of it's most memorable moments, and the most philosophical one that i can remember.

Hehehe

I have this new practice where the second it gets "odd" I throw down the king book and make up my own ending

>Children of corn?
The kids got em
>It?
They all died a horible personalized death at the hand of penny wise the alien

>pretending he gets Pynchon

He'd be laughing in your face right now.

Pirates and Samurai. 9/10 highly recommend it to non weebs as well

Isn't making the book super small kinda cheating?

700 pages. But they're very good pages.

My Everyman's edition is 1400 pages even without the introduction, so I can safely say Les Mis is over 1000 pages no matter what

i think that user probably meant all 3 volumes of Capital?

Dude, why even post in here? You're not even attempting to mask your unrestrained excitement to shill this book at any chance, you're posting it as a reply to a question it doesn't even answer. It's not 1000+ pages, it's not even 3/4ths that.

Convince me otherwise

Bro, that's my image. I got that book for like $12 near new condition.

I can't believe no one has posted this

Underrated masterpiece

>he still believes people pretend to get books to look skart
Wew man, you realize this is a meme and you're most likely just a brainlet, right? This is something reddit says so they don't have to face the fact that there are people smarter than them, everywhere they go. Unless you're equating "Get' with understanding every little thing about it, in which case, you're still embarrassingly idiotic. Please explain what you didn't like about it. Prove you're not a troll or too retarded to come up with even one valid, well thought out critism. You're the reason this board is shit, user, and why intelligent discussion is disappearing on here. You seem set on turning this place into /pol/, and you're succeeding (I'll give you that). I doubt you've read a single novel by him, and I'd be willing to put down money on the fact that you've likely read less than 25 novels, total, in the past five years. Again, you'll be able to understand big boy books someday, kiddo, don't you worry. Just keep working at it.

Books don't become memes unless they're good enough to be talked about so often that the people who don't read decide to start trolling by saying it's shit, knowing that it will set people off, or, at the very least, get a response trying to make it clear enough that the troll hasn't read it that newfags won't be turned away from it. So, yes. It's worth it.

Yee

It's called emphasis

hahaha man we get it you believe in God
>just let the comment for you insipid twit

i hate posting on mobile

>being this defensive

Journey to the West

Leg Over Leg

I don't feel particularly defensive, it's just incredibly fun to call out people like you and watch them resort to greentext and copy-paste insults. Sometimes, surprisingly, I'll get a genuine response and a real discussion will start. Usually not, though, which is said, because I know there are still a few people on here that read.

Why is the cover so shitty.

Why do you say that? I enjoyed it but don't think it compares to Bleak House or David Copperfield.