So Veeky Forums why do you cook?

so Veeky Forums why do you cook?

why does that sound like a cards against humanity title?

becoming a chef made me forget I have a _________.

"micropenis"

Because I need to eat to sustain life.

I like to eat good food but i dont like to pay out the ass for it.
Plus i find it relaxing.

Because I'm fat and poor so I can't afford to eat unhealthy food I don't cook

To forget I have a micropenis

It's fun and useful.

Because I live in bumfuck nowhere and would have to drive 40 miles one way to eat at a restaurant other than fast food or applebees tier pig slop.

>phone posters
fuck off and die

Does it work? Asking for a friend.

I am a glutton. I desire fine vittles and scrumptious flavors nightly. I am not slothful. Therefore i enjoy cooking for myself greatly.
Remember this
>People who enjoy fine dining are gluttons
>People who enjoy McChicken are slothful.

Nobody in my entire family can cook worth a shit. I graduated with a liberal arts degree and wanted to have an actual physical skill so I was not completely abject and useless.

Its also fun to cook for family occasions and have people genuinely look forward to eating your food.

I initially learned how to cook so I could help out my mother in the kitchen. I started asking her how to prepare ingredients and what the recipes were for what she made, and did anything I could to help out. Nowadays she lives about ten minutes away from me and three times a week I visit to cook her lunch and dinner, but the biggest reason why I like cooking now is because it's what connected me to my wife.
>Be 16
>Kinda awkward because I wasn't into any of the scenes people grouped themselves in
>Friends from middle school still around, but new friends were rare
>Meet punk girl and hit it off
>Still awkward as fuck but she was too
>Things not going so smoothly so I started cooking to surprise her
>Took a class in baking my CC was hosting
>Partnered up and started making creme puffs
>Things go well so I make it for my gf
>She doesn't like them as much as I thought she would and I end up getting dumped due to incompatibility
>Depressed over it; distract myself by cooking some more
>Attend more cooking classes
>Partner is still around for them
>Two years older than I am and plain but we started talking regularly due to meeting up and cooking together in these classes
>Moves outside of the class and we inevitably start dating
>Things were a bit shaky at times but we have since married and had a baby girl
>Literally became a Home Chef advertisement now

I'll always love to cook and I hope my daughter feels the same when she's older. I'm writing a book of recipes full of ones I enjoyed or created (that were great) to give to her. I cook so much not only to feed my family, but because I want to fill out the cookbook with good food so I can give it to my daughter when she's older.

That's great user

I am afraid of being interesting, so I keep to generic hobbies. When people ask me what I do besides work I say generic things like "cooking", "sleeping", "videogames", etc.

thats really sweet user

I cook because I enjoy making things in general. It something that combines my skilles, effort and industriousness to make something not only I can enjoy, but I can also share with friends and family. Everyone loves a good meal, and it's a great way to bring people together.

I've always said that it's kind of like playing with LEGOs, but you can eat what you've built at the end. It requires you to play within rules, but leaves space for improvisation and putting some soul into it. I find it sad that most people don't cook at all.

I tread teaching my sister, but she's hopeless. Even the few things I've taught her how to do, whenever she does she leaves the whole kitchen a picture of chaos and mess. It's infuriating.

What do you do if you cant cook. Eat takeaways every night or some microwave shit? I guess half the forum still has their mom cook for them. Look at that, she had to learn as well.

Sure, while you're cooking food and running all over the place trying to get everything done you forget that your wife doesn't love you anymore, you have a small dick, and that you don't make nearly enough money.
Then when you're done and it's time to eat, it all comes crashing back into your mind like a tidal wave, and you'll either be too tired to care or you'll get depressed at the realization that your marriage is a sham and you'll never satisfy a woman in your life. Your wife will roll her eyes and leave the room to eat elsewhere.

I have a crippling alcohol addiction and use bags of ingredients for trying new recipes for smuggling liquor into my house

>cards against humanity

It comes naturally to me. I enjoy doing it. It’s methodical, challenging, and yet leaves a lot of room for creativity. It’s easy to understand and difficult to master. Cooking is also one of the few things I’m actually good at.

Cooking is my only artistic outlet
That, and I need to distract myself from my micropenis

Grew up poor and at best we had like hotdogs for dinner if we were lucky. Started to learn how to cook in my teens. After I got out of the Army it reignited my passion for cooking and it’s been that way ever since.

I have to cook two warm meals a day anyways and i'm kind of a perfectionist, so i fugured that if i have to do it, i can also get really good at what i'm doing.
I also love to eat good food but don't trust restaurants. Yeah, i'm also a controle freak. If i haven't observed every step of the preparation, i'll probably be sceptical about the quality of the food and how hygienic people were when making it.
Besides, cooking is like magic. With a few basic ingredients you can create so many different things just by altering ratios and technique.
I also love to not only know how to do stuff, but why. So i'm really interested in cooking theory.

All in all, it just makes sense for me to be into cooking.

>microimage
>micropenis

I see a pattern

I cook because it is literally the only way to get a halfway decent meal for less than twenty dollars.

Because I hate 99% of restaurants in my town and I refuse to eat most things out of a microwave.
I also enjoy doing it.

I started learning to cook when I was a teenager because my Dad had MS and my Mom (who honestly wasn't a great cook to begin with) was always working. So I started learning basic shit from cookbooks and PBS shows to feed myself and help out around the house.
During college I fell into the usual student diet trap and in my mid 20s I put on a lot of weight eating crap food. So I decided to get back into cooking for myself and between the diet change and regular exercise I dropped 75 lbs.
It helped that a lot of my friends were working as cooks at the time so I always had someone to talk cooking and toss around ideas with.

Because I have a feeding/weight gain fetish and I get off on the idea of a woman getting fat on my cooking.

For sustenance and profit

sex food and sleep are the basest of pleasures

food is the one most simple to raise the ratio of cost to enjoyment

T-thanks...

Because I have absolutely no respect for people who can't cook and/or who eat frozen premade shit at work.

Only thing I am good at. Makes me feel less like killing myself.

God dude, cooking is easy. The only thing you are good at is easily done by millions of people, children even.

No I actually cook really good shit. I'm way above the level of the average person on this board. Most threads here aren't even about cooking.
I make a turkey that is to die for. It will make you shit bricks it is so moist.

>turkey
>literally just throw it in the oven and don't get so drunk you overcook it

Good job on being so good at cooking.

Because I'm a narcissist and being a really good cook is one of the easiest ways to make everyone like you.

Please bitch. The skin comes off like crispy chips, and the meat melts like butter.
Not to mention the soup I make from the veggies and fat in the bed of the pan.

>literally just rub some oil or butter on the skin and throw it in the oven and don't get so drunk you overcook it

wow

Because I don't like going outside but still don't want to starve to death

Because when the excitement of the rush starts it makes me forget about my depression and my shitty life

More like Mad libs you millennial fuck.

What an arbitrary thing to get so mad about. And micropenis definitely screams cards against humanity.

Heartwarming, you faggot

I have to eat every single day or I die. Learning how to cook well makes a lot of sense considering this.

Fuck off retard

Mad libs would be "Being a _JOB_ makes me _VERB_ I have a _THING_", you angry hipster

Necessity

normalfag

The oldest millennials are pushing 40. How fucking old are you?

I could eat it raw but i would rather not be sick everyday.

I don't really yet, but when I finally move out of my parents house I want to learn because maybe then I'll feel like a real-ass adult.

Mostly because of paralyzing fear.

When I'm cooking I'm not thinking about anything else. Its the only time my mind is quiet and the only time I don't wish for death.

Its cheaper than any other alternative of nourishing oneself overall, plus you know what you're eating.

Can someone explain to me why phone posters are a threat on this site?

You need to eat everyday to live so might as well eat something that tastes delicious.

In reality though, my mom wasn't a great cook. We'd bake every now and again and I have some distance, fond memories of making chili and homemade pastas with my parents. I also did cook a lot with my grandparents on both sides of the family. I'd help prep meals and learned to grill at a young age from my grandparents on my mom's side. Partly because my grandpa loved cooking and my grandma wanted me to learn so I could be independent and not have to rely on cheap frozen diners and takeout to eat.

My grandma on my dad's side was more old fashion. She always said the best way to snag a husband was to 'go through his stomach to get to his heart'. So she wanted me to be able to cook to essentially be a good housewife.

Over the years I grew to love cooking. I was that weird kid that'd fall asleep with Food Network on. I just love testing flavors, learning and trying dishes from other countries, and there's a great sense of joy of seeing friends and family enjoying something you made.

>millenials
>40
this kid, where I'm from the oldest millenials are late 20's. It varies from country to country and is based on access to internet / mobile phones.

If you had internet or a mobile phone before you finished high school, you're a millenial.

Came here to post this

Because I want to make a good wife someday.

I don't consider myself a millenial
I'm 28, and there is a clear distinction between the 30 year old crowd and the younger than 25 year old crowd

we are nowhere near as reliant on technology and shit to do things

It makes my boyfriend happy :3

You are dead center in the millennial generation.

Cute.

Does anyone here have a micropenis?

what you're referring to as millennials are generation z. stop learning everything you know from Veeky Forums. you are literally THE millennial at 28

That's great.

How does she see past the micropenis though? Have you had your daughter DNA tested?

I started because I was poor as shit through college so going out to eat wasn't exactly an option, and I had started to take lifting somewhat seriously so I figured I needed to get a shit load of protein relatively cheaply.
Now that I have a bit more money I still cook pretty much every meal for the above reasons and because it's fun.
That being said it's somewhat embarrassing how many of the positive changes in my life that I've made mainly for the benefit of training.

It's the same agr everywhere europoor

What is the newest generation

To forget about my huge cock

Ask me how I know you don't have a huge cock

Self sufficiency is inportant to me. I don’t get to cook as often as I’d like though because my cunt roommate leaves the kitchen in such a messy state it’s not sanitary to cook there

They can evade bans more easily than computer posters and their post quality is even worse for the most part since they usually rush making posts.

>tfw had a friend to cook with but then her mom went fucking crazy throwing rumors and shit around so I had to distance myself
What a shame

CUTE!

Probably because I posted satirically about cooking to forget my huge cock. Correct?