How to make good fried rice?

how to make good fried rice?

fry it

day old rice
Chinese medium grain rice
super powerful wok burner

Refrigerate over night
Crack egg over rice and mix up before throwing on heat

Make sure your pan is actually hot enough. It very rarely is.

thank you comrades

Extremely hot wok, with lots of sesame oil. Have the rice dry out a bit by leaving it uncovered for a few hours before frying.

Use a lot of curry powder.

Never talk to me or my pan ever again.

Day old rice. Oil and pan, nice and hot. Don't overcrowd and cook in batches if you must, if you lack the proper stove or a large enough or heat resistant pan.

I watched an anime once where they went camping and the student council president was the best cook and she was cooking Chinese food. They had to go out into the woods and gather fire wood because THE SECRET OF CHINESE COOKING IS FIRE.

Anyways that's what anime taught me so you probably need a big ass hot burner.

meow meow meow

meow meow

meow meow meow meow meow.

hahahahhhah dude cats LOL

I'm pretty sure long grain rice is better for fried rice

sure

I'm not sure if he's eating him or making an unholy chimera.

meow

I don't like using day old rice despite nearly everyone calling for it. I use freshly cooked long grain white rice from a rice cooker. Use sesame oil, Get the pan hot enough to fry an egg, crack a few eggs over it, stir them up, wait until they are nearly cooked or cooked, dump rice onto that, mix it all up and keep stirring, toss in any other cooked meats or whatever, after about a minute toss in a little fried rice sauce, keep stirring. Two minutes later you are done.

How do I make good fried rice?

FTFY

what does edgy mean?

This guy knows what's up.

I posted this in a burrito thread, but it works here too;

A personal lazy recipe of mine;

Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil.
Add ~1 cup black or red lentils. Low boil black lentils for 15 minutes, 7 minutes for red.

While this is happening, quarter 1 large onion and thoroughly rinse 1.5 cups of white rice. basmati works best.

When ready, remove the lentils from heat and drain them.

Add 1/2 to 1 cup of your preferred cooking oil to a large wok over medium heat (vegetable oil works fine. Adding a few dashes of sesame oil is pgood)

Grind a bunch of pepper into the oil, then add 2.5 tablespoons of your favorite spices. I've been using a high quality massaman curry paste, but you can substitute a mixture of coriander, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and/or whatever.

Once the oil and spices are well mixed, add the onion and ~1/2 cup pork sausage or a ground meat of your choice. Stir occasionally for ~5-10 minutes or until the meat is slightly browned.

Add the rice and stir frequently until the rice begins to brown.

Finally, add the lentils and let them the mixture sit over heat for a bit to let any excess moister in the lentils evaporate. Once it is fairly dry, stir fry the whole thing until the onions begin to brown.

Finally, transfer the whole thing to a large rice cooker. Add a few dashes of soy sauce (or fish sauce, or a pinch of salt) and lime juice, then add water until the mix is fully submerged. Stir it up and start it cooking.

Makes a whole fucking lot of servings.

Here is how I do it:
Get some rice, fresh or old, whatever. If it is fresh, step 3 takes a bit longer.
Burner on medium-high, add whatever oil you have on hand, when I'm feeling particularly decadent/fat I use bacon grease
Add rice, fry until entire mass of rice has slightly darkened in color, tossing regularly
Make well in center of cooking area, add more oil if necessary. Add eggs, and cook until almost done, and then mix into the rice.
If you are using any vegetables or meat, you should add them in around here, but they should be fully cooked
Add whatever flavoring agents you want, I like soy sauce, worcestershire, and hot sauce.