I'm trying to write a story centered around the (admittedly done) concept of fairy tales and folklore being real...

I'm trying to write a story centered around the (admittedly done) concept of fairy tales and folklore being real, but the only name I can think of for the normal people are "normies." Anyone have a better idea?

>I dislike the creative aspect of writing
Literally what

Muggles xD

I know the concept's been done before, but it interests me. I'm just writing something I want to write.

I'm not sure from where, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that before.

no-maj

Who cares

What "concept" are you referring to? What do you mean "fairy tales are real?"
Normal people opposed to who or what?

The Goyim

I mean to say that the old tales and folklore like werewolves, vampires, dragons, etc are actually real. Normal people would be people that weren't werewolves, vampires, or anything else. They'd just be normal people.

call them humans?

Well many of the creatures have human forms as well, so humans would be imprecise. It's also supposed to be a kind of derogatory term for them.

go xanth with "mundanes"

What if we think about fairy tale symbols that already exist with some degree of "evil" and go from there?

Or what about classically calling them "folks" or "volks" as that was the collective name for the people who initially told "folkstales"

I actually like volks a lot.

What about playing with desu (desu):
Desuits
Desuites
Desanese
Desians
Desapiens

Or just Sapiens.

Volksapiens

Des as in the Japanese word? Where's des coming from?

the u is silent in desu

Yeah, but what's it got to do with folklore?

Inkheart did it better.

came here to post this

Yes, as in Japanese culture or how it's used here. When I try to write or create something, I use the "real world" for inspiration. I just saw desu and I ran with it. I'm not sure I can coherently form an argument as to how it adds meaning, but I might venture to say it's creative, desu

Hominids
Mortals

Yeah, mundanes is the obvious one. Anything more unique depends on your universe and the origin of the creatures in it. Each will have things they think are weaknesses so their insults or general terms will probably follow suit. If you just want one easy to follow one, pick the word the most dominant society in the bunch would use.

That would actually probably work for at least some of them, as there will be a group of yokai.
アリアがと

n*rmies