What's the worst thing you've ever made?

What's the worst thing you've ever made?

i tried making tapioca pearls and it tasted so bad i had to hold back vomit

Scrambled eggs covered in cactus dust.

When I was 7 I put a bunch of lemon juice on some bacon and baked it for 10 mins. What I got was really undercooked pieces of bacon with a bitter and sour taste.

I like this thread

Last week I didn't have any syrup but I was gonna make pancakes, so I got the idea to dump a tablespoon of cocoa powder into the batter to make them chocolate pancakes.

Do not do this.

I think every kid his life has at least tired to make chocolate milk by hand at some point.

>he can't eat anything that isn't sweet
enjoy your diabeetus

Cocoa powder is not sweet.

Guess I'll add my own

During my vegan phase, I decided I was going to make French onion soup, but with very limited ingredients. Ended up being brown burned onion water with a heavy layer of oil. I ate all of it to save myself the embarrassment if someone else tried it. Three up several times.

>a few years ago
>be stoner who works minimum wage job
>spend paycheck on rent, any money left over on weed
>no food
>all I have is a can of tomato puree, a box of macaroni and cheese, and some leftover packets of the cheese powder
>no butter or milk
>no idea why I had extra powder packets, marijuana is a hell of a drug
>cook macaroni
>cook tomato puree, mix in the cheese powder
>disgusting but force myself to eat it because its the only food I have

I'm glad those days are over

>could have just made macaroni and cheese with the perfectly good box of mix he had
>had to be a "CHEF" instead and mix it with random ass shit from the pantry

a child.

I was homeless for a while, but still had a job and could afford to get a hotel room once in a while.

The worst thing I ever ate was probably sliced krab stick with baby carrots floating in mayo water. Or cheap lunchmeat sandwiched between cookies from the dollar store.

it would have been worse if I had just used the cheese powder without the tomato, you really need to use butter and milk for boxed mac and cheese

I should have just put salt on the plain macaroni

>sliced krab stick with baby carrots floating in mayo water
w-what...

You can make it with water though and it'll be fine. Not luxurious, but fine.

no its terrible
you have to have at least butter

It was a vague approximation of seafood salad. But I had no cutlery, no kitchen, and access to only the cheapest version of every ingredient you might put into a real seafood salad.

So I had to break the baby carrots up by hand tear up the imitation crab. I rinsed it all, but didn't have a strainer of any kind, so when I squeezed the mayo packets and mixed it all up, the resultant mess was very watery and overall just awful .

Oh, also. After taking a bite and realizing how terrible it was at room temperature, I stuck it into the motel mini-fridge overnight, hoping it might improve if chilled. Well, it ended up freezing and I was hungry enough to let it thaw and ate it while it was still sort of slushy.

Cheers :)

There was no actual food in the house because blah blah family shit but I did have a bunch of leftovers from a new years eve party, and I made the world's worst pizza out of like water crackers, sliced cheese, cocktail sauce, etc.
The house smelled weird for a solid day.

i spent all of thanksgiving preparing a turkey. After three hours, the internal temperature of the bird was still too low but everyone was bitching at me about how long it was taking. So I pulled it out of the oven and carved out servings of meat from around the raw spots. Everyone got sick.

Spaghetti Carbonara with CREAM and SAUSAGE instead of eggs and pork.

When I was 13-14 I was watching Iron Chef with my brother and it got us hyped as fuck.
When it ended we ran downstairs and just started cooking random shit.
Just taking a bunch of stuff from the fridge, threw it in the pan and stirred that shit up.
It ended up tasting like shit, but our parents had a hoot

I made a pot of great northerns with a nice meaty ham bone, got drunk and left it on too high a temp for too long and it scorched the hell out of them. We tried eating them anyway and they tasted like ashes. Bad thing was I had people over and had bragged a lot about how good my beans were so I looked like a total ass. I had to order 3 large pizzas because it was inedible.

One time when I was a kid I tried to prepare cereal with Sprite, because we were out of milk, and I didn't know what else to use, but I knew I liked Sprite

>three hours and its still not cooked
turn up the oven dumbass

tofu with cocktail sauce on rye

One time when I was a kid I tried to prepare cereal with egg nog, because we were out of milk, and I didn't know what else to use, but I knew I liked egg nog.

Egg nog and fucking corn pops.
I still have the nightmares.

I once dumped an entire jar of queso over Takis and dubbed it a "Mexican Beaver Dam"

the worst thing i ever made was not killing myself earlier this is the year. i can feel it.

i did this back when i was like 10. i would make a syrup out of granulated sugar and add cocoa powder and vanilla and stir it in.

Instant noodle with cheese

PIC CLEARLY NOT RELATED

Hold still for a second.

Made some French toast.

a horrible mustard sauce, that i decided would be good on fish for some reason

my father-in-law hunts wild pigs, the meat they give is awful. I have tried every which way I can think of and it is inedible, mind you it isn't wild boar. It is pigs that escaped farmers many generations ago that wander the woods in louisiana...PIG DISGUSTING

Ramen with cheese is alright, but it depends what soup base you use and the cheese.
Spicy korean base with shitty kraft singles is good

my autistic son

make sausage

When I was little I would take one of those snack bags of tortilla chips and mash them up, pour them into a bowl, then pour in a little salsa and stir it up then eat it with a spoon. I didn't like having to dip the chips, so I just did that.

When I was a kid, my dad made a steak filet for christmas he was normaly a good cook, but he got ambitous and decided to put an awful spice mix on it. There were leftovers of the steak so I decided to make a philly chesestake with it. My mom wanted to let my little brother help so he put way too much mayonaise on the bread. It was bad and I feel bad for the filet.

this is really high up there, probably at the top

it might not look that terrible, but it was literally uneatable
see what I did was find a jar of very hot, pickled, chili's, with seeds, at a chinese store
I had no idea how hot it really was so I threw like 2 teaspoons of the stuff in a stir fry for about 3 meals

the thing was so hot I couldn't eat it, eventually drowned it in milk/yoghurt and just put very tiny amounts of it over noodles to not have to throw it away

and that ladies and gents is why you should always taste while cooking, unless you reaaaally know what you're doing and it's the 3rd time making the dish
lessons were learned the hard way

looks pretty good

I bet it wasn't even that spicy at all

I accidentally scorched a pot of chicken soup. I thought I turned it off but turned it on high instead which is just one click of the dial away. I tried to salvage what I could and ate a bowl but it tasted like there were cigarettes in it. Eventually gave up and threw the entire thing away.

You're living in 5017 my nia

Dude fuck egg nog that sounds awful

As someone who likes egg nog, that doesn't sound half bad. This time of year, I put egg nog in my coffee and use it to make white russians.

user you have to believe me it was ungodly
I can handle fairly hot foods I'm not a gigantic fan of burning-intestines-kill-me-now hot but I do eat plenty spicy and can assure you this was just not safe

the pickled chilis are on the right in pic related

now I barely put like half a teaspoon of the stuff in a meal; it is very tasty when used in moderation

I once somehow messed up flourless peanut butter cookies.

gonna try to find these next time I go to dong market or mabe theyl have it at my local stop and shop

I did this once. Turned out just fine.
You either added far too much, or used trash like Hershey's.

I put almond milk and chopped tomatoes in a roux and it turned into a weird cake scramble.

I don't know what I was trying to do tbph.

I didn't have patience to wait for an omelette to cook as an 8 year old so I ran upstairs to play some Liero, promising myself I would go downstairs to get the omelette soon. 3 hours later I smelled something burning so I ran downstairs to find the kitchen filled with smoke. The omelette had basically become charcoal. I panicked and put the thing in a plastic bag and threw it out the window onto the front lawn so my dad wouldn't see the mess I had made.

A stray dog dragged it away a couple minutes later.

Made avocado and lentil soup. Ended up putting too much garlic in it. The first few spoonfuls were pretty OK, but by halfway through the bowl I felt like I was going to puke.

that chicken looks bad

That pasta is shit on its own.

Can anyone tell me where this cute mystery frog is from? Thank you!

I still do that, brother! Gotta eat 'em quick though.

It's an enemy called "Touch Me" from Final Fantasy VII.

Thanks friend! Here’s a pic I hope you like.

Similarly I made the mistake of using vanilla soymilk with boxed mac and cheese when in college and broke. Absolutely disgusting, and trying to add chili powder to try to mask the sweetness just made it worse.

When it's in season, I frequently use egg nog on my cereal. I like it.

I experimented using xantham gum to thicken up a soup, a zuppa toscana, and totally fucked it up. Turned into a elmers glue taste and consistency spiked with sausage.

I baked eggs and to season I used garlic and dill. It tasted like vomit, then I went and vomited.

Don't blame the weed for your poor life choices. Just the same as alcohol, you can have it in moderation.

This was a few years back
>get drunk one night
>feel hungry
>decide to make brownies from a betty crockers mix
>recipe asks for butter
>drunken self doesn't notice the butter has to be melted not straight from the fridge
>put in huge chunks of cold butter
>mix it with difficulty
>put it in the oven
I ended up with burned butter mixed in with a charred brownie-like solid, shit was fucking horrible but I ate it anyway

You can dump it out my dude.

>drinking all day
>kinda soberish by 9 pm
>decide to smoke a couple bowls and a joint to make up for it
>get hungry
>decide I want to make some weird shit
>have cooked hotdogs in the fridge
>put it in a tortilla
>add cheez wiz
>open a can of baked beans and add those
>microwave that bitch
>add sour cream
>add mayonaise
>add hot sauce
>eat my abomination

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten, but easily the worst thing I'd ever made.

It was like a 3.5/10 while I was high, so I can only image it would've been worse had I been sober though.

Used coffee cream for cerial when I was a kid. Did not know there was a difference. Also when I was a broke young idiot I made boxed mac and cheese and forgot to drain the pasta before putting the cheese mix.Still ate it. I was realy hungover from mdma.

yea it doesn't look great, but my camera's phone also contributes to that
but these days I've learned to brown them a bit more, take them out, fry the rest of the stuff, and then combine everything at the end
I used to be very sloppy about the whole thing and didn't time the steps right

When I was a kid I put coca cola on my eggs. I threw it in the garbage.

Jamacian Jerk Chicken Ravioli

Literally out it all in the trash, and ordered Chinese takeout.

Word on sausage, and always avoid the boars.

burnt microwave rice with barbecue sauce to cover up the burnt

>during easter break where every store is closed
>didn't stock well enough up for break
>find taco shells
>find chili mayo
>have some grounded beef leftovers
> decide to mmix beef with chili mayo to add flavor
>eat the chilimayoed taco
>instantly regred my decision

Lee kum kee hoisin sauce sucks, worst hoisin sauce I ever used

oc

What am I looking at here exactly.

when i was young I heard about cocktails from somewhere and decided to make my parents one for breakfast and all I did was take orange juice and added all the other bottles of juice from the fridge into it

salt chips and roasted sausages

Wanted to be interesting and added rice bubbles to an omelette thinking it would make it crunchy. Ended up with soggy egg rice bubbles. Stuck to the basics after that

>done this with cola

i was making some fish in tinfoil, which usually is pretty simple and easy
>tinfoil
>fish
>butter
>salt pepper
>cayenne
>garlic powder
>wrap and in the oven for 15 minutes
but i tried to experiment with mexican chili powder and celery salt. it sucked

>attempt to make custard for real instead of boxshit
>fuck it all up and end up with chocolate scrambled eggs
>eat them in shame

I made this thing a long time ago

Here is the adventure

bump

>"oh, that doesnt look too bad."

>"oh."

boiled radishes. they were puke flavored

Has to be mixing milk with coke when I was younger. Did it all the time because I liked the taste.

That doesn't look bad at all.

Not that bad but I got high once and ate chicken breast with chocolate, mustard and pickled peppers.

Cooked a burger in canned french onion soup, almost put me off ground beef for life

I put buffalo sauce on rice.
It wasn't good.

I once cooked up some black beans with onions, tomatoes, and chili peppers. The beans were kind of burnt, since I forgot to add enough water and lower the heat.
Other than that, I wouldn't say I've ever made food gore material. Everything else I've ever made has tasted pretty decent.

I've made Maruchan-brand chicken-flavored instant ramen noodles with peanuts. It tasted pretty decent.

Wait wut????
Isnt it called 'cocoa'?

Also what could possibly go wrong?

This reminds me...
>14 yo bro and 12 yo me get left at home while parents go abroad for a month on a marridge - saving mid - life crisis journey to the mediterrainian or someshit with a strict budget we had to use to prepare our lunches.
>budget
>bud get
>motherfucker enforces a strict diet of bread rolls, eggs and cup ramen for almost the entire month, just so he can pocket the money and spend it on weed or some other gay shit.
>:(

Sounds like your brother was definitely the masculine one

i made a pact with my sister not to pull out