Bloomsday

It's bloomsday, let's get a Joyce thread going.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/dV5WS
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

finnegans wake is ALOT better than ulysses

i wish people put in the effort to appreciate FW instead of jerking off to a novel that flatters your ego and nothing more

THEre are 3 already plz learn to research more better

no

Finnegans Wake is so neat.

Joyce is such a towering literary figure, he has his own day.

I'm on the last chapter of Portrait of an Artist and I'm really enjoying it. Joyce puts up a worthwhile challenge for me.

Picked up Dubliners today lads

I made Irish soda bread and have been listening to my favorite reading of Ulysses.

How do you suggest getting into FW?

What is optimal order for reading Joyce? What should I start with?

I'm drunk drinking Dubliners

I read Nausicaa and contemplated a reread. But I'd rather read FW for the first time since I've been putting it off for months.

How can one man be so based, Veeky Forums? Will we ever find our twenty-first century equivalent?

chronology

>How can one man be so based, Veeky Forums?

i have no idea.

he somehow managed to bless this bloomsday thread with starting trip 7s from the great beyond. the power level of this man is insane.

And the trips keep comin

what a glorious day in Veeky Forums

Hmmmmm?

>How do you suggest getting into FW
I've been reading it for three months now. I read it after I'm done reading whatever else I'm reading, in bed, when I'm already very tired. I'm not reading any "key" or criticism or even notes of any kind, just the text. I can usually go through two to three pages before I drop the kindle on my face. I have no idea what I've been reading so far, nor of what has "happened", if indeed anything has. I understand almost nothing. Most days, when I open it to where I left it and turn back one page, I have no recollection of having read any of that. All I know is it whooshes through my head like, say, neutrinos or whatever those high velocity subatomic particles are called, those that you can't see or feel passing through you, yet they might leave subtle mutations. Sometimes I reread some of the sentences, some of them many times over, but not in an effort to understand (it's all probably lost on me anyway) but because I enjoy how it sounds in my head. I've found it helps me relax and fall asleep. I guess I can say I'm enjoying the book, although not in the way it was intended.

>although not in the way it was intended.

It's a book about the night and dreaming, so reading it while falling asleep is probably more natural than a dissective "scholarly" reading.

There has to be a line drawn. Whether FW is better than Ulysses is subjective. One is more avant-garde than the other.

Went book shopping today. What does Veeky Forums think of my haul? Sorry for blurry quality in advance; I own a potato: imgur.com/a/dV5WS

>777

A blessed bloomsday!

Who here believes in the reality of metempsychosis ?

>nothing more

Fuck you faggots, I still don't understand shit about what he's about.