Charts & Guides

ITT: post your Veeky Forums related charts and guides

Requesting in particular a graphical flowchart of philosophy pls

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts
imgur.com/gallery/U4OHY
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Charts

read an intro to philosophy

Have a list if you insist:

Thomas Nagel - What Does it All Mean?

Anthony Kenny - A New History of Western Philosophy

Bertrand Russell - The Problems of Philosophy

Will gradually dump some of my own

Turns out I already had the philosophy chart

Very nice, thanks

imgur.com/gallery/U4OHY

>Why i need mo money for them programs,the list.

This is good, thanks

anyone got anymore like this?

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

Spammed and fake

more like this

This was a joke image. You could read all of previous western canon going into ulysses and get some allusions or you could read it just for the great prose.

cmon guys some actually good charts please

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)

why should I read the blacks?

Lol read the fucking Summa Theologica before reading Ulysses

I think it's a shame that Tabucchi didn't fit in (I don't know if he is even translated into english, but Piazza d'Italia or Sostiene Pereira are essesntials in my opinion) , but this is a really fantastic list, great job.

Does anyone have a guide for reading Lyotard?
What should I begin with?

Does reading through all this shit equal a philosophy course in college?

is there a definitive list or guide on which editions of gravity's rainbow to buy and not buy?

I think you mean degree not course. My intro philosophy course drifted over just key elements.

The cave, and the apology then we moved pretty quickly into Kant, and Pascal, then existential stuff with Sartre. Probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

You could do a college course over each stage easily, so that list has got to be equivelant to a huge amouny of academic work. Not my major though, so anybody who knows more correct me.

Where can you find internet dreams? Googles not coming up with anything

I wasted a lot of time reading occult stuff, and I think Franz Bardon's initiation into hermetics, and Yogi Science of Breath should be moved up to starter material. They're guided where as The Kybalion is definitely a core work, but it's not accessible, and you should be practicing from day one instead of reading about vibrations.

this chart is retarded because if you decide at the beginning that you like short stories you basically just end up at a deadend without any way of ever making your way over to his other works.

It's not an actual path, user, you can still read his novels if you want.

>It's not an actual path
Then why are there arrows.

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

Is there a lit beginners guide to aesthetics?

>the movie poster for Naked Lunch
Which by the way is one of the greatest films ever made.

Some user in a recent thread made this, opinions?

seems alright but some books are unnecessary. you actually reminded me of a political chart i saved so you could also use pic related for reference too.

and part 2 of it

King, Queen, Knave is his best work. Shame it's not on there.

Why is San Francisco the fucking cover of Inferno?

Ellison and Richard Wright are suburb writers.

*superb

It's the best representation of hell that we have.

What the fuck ia pater duplicat?

I started with euro existentialists and metaphysics. It's more enjoyable for me than some exhaustive timeline of reading. The language is arcane but it gets better the more you read.

Do Koreans even have literature, I even read something from Hong Kong and Taiwan

I found the chart in another chart thread a while ago. I did some digging through archives and found out that "pater duplicat" is latin for "father dubs" which was a tripfag on Veeky Forums a few years ago. The image is a meme - half the books on it aren't real.

this is so shit it almost seems random.

Should be
>The Nick Adams Stories
>The Sun Also Rises
>A Farewell to Arms
>the Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway
>For Whom the Bell Tolls
>The Old Man and the Sea
>(Optional) A Movable Feast

Anyone got a guide to Antiquity/Classical era historical texts? Have read a decent amount of Greek epics and philosophy, but not any history.
As for Romans, I've tried to read Comentarii de Bello Gallico but it numbed my brain. Straight war accounts don't grip me.

The Doom that Came to Sarnath serves moreas a prelude to Dream Quest than Nyarlathotep. Actually, Lovecraft's Dream World series should be it's own flow point, starting with The Silver Key, then all of his other dream world storys, then Sarnath, and ending at Dream Quest.

>100 Nip books
>Not organized by genre or era

I find that Chekhov's longer stories are marginally weaker than his shorter stuff. Stories like Ward No 6 and Anna on the Neck beat your the head while the simplicity and brevity "Death of Government Clerk" and "A Little Game" exemplified the essense a short story should.

This needs Gilead by Robinson

>Reading niggershit

No thanks.

Lovecraft is absolute shit.

>no Farley Mowat
>no HV Morton
m8

Atlantic Meeting (Morton), the New Founde Land (Mowat), and in Search of England/Ireland/Scotland (Morton) are some of the most GOAT tier travel lit ever

would recommend Atlantic Meeting to anyone I know, a first hand account of churchill being as ballsy as ever, travelling across the u-boat infested North Atlantic to meet with roosevelt to bring the US into ww2

discarded instantly

No thanks.

I'm not even ok with him ironically being on this board.

Those authors have achieved more than you ever will you useless fucking stormweenies

I was praising those authors, you dickhead.

The same way that reading through a bunch of biology textbooks constitutes a biology course-- it is missing the engagement with the text through assignments and a professor to guide you through the knowledge.

I think if you picked a good amount of these and read through them with either an online course, with a companion guidebook, or with some audio lectures on them, then yes, you would get about the experience of a philosophy course.

The thing is, philosophy courses are far more likely to give you the important snippets of each of those books so that you do not have to trudge through all of it. Also consider that it took the Vienna circle, a group of very well-regarded intellectuals, an entire year or two to get through Wittgenstein's TLP.

I sort of object to the OP's approach. Instead of saying "chart me ur gr8 wisdom" why not just look up philosophy courses and their syllabuses? These things tend to be pretty open, you might even be able to get the assignments as well. I feel like this whole meme culture is not helpful.

>Praising them just because they're black

You're the worst racist of the whole bunch

Oh, for fuck's sake

>Shakespeare's sonnets
Cheeky.

>Have a massive collection of these charts.
>Haven't gotten past the first book on this one.

Fug reading is hard.

Forgot to say in my first post, just pause after each story and think about it. Let it sink in for a second. I can only read about two chapters of her before I need to stop for a second.

That's fucking gay.

>Nietzsche
>Joyce
>fucking Burke

This present darkness? Francine rivers? The shack?
Others are good