What is essential Egyptian literature?

What is essential Egyptian literature?
The Sumerians are older and I want to add the Egyptians in between them and the Greeks.

Yeah yeah start with the Greeks, but I'm aiming at historical timing to figure out when philosophy's come about. How people viewed life in each empire...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Sinuhe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont think theres really anything to read in between gilgamesh and the greeks my man. And if there is, i dont think its been published. Could be wrong though.

hymn to the aten since that's the first mention of the god the jews started worshipping when moses (high priest of the aten) was exiled after the return to polytheism following the early death (murder) of tutankaten (better known to plebs as tutankamun)

Pyramid Texts
Coffin Texts
Book of Going Forth By Day
Book of Gates
Dialogue Between A Man and His Ba (suicide letter!)

There's various poetry, and The Book of the Dead which proves more interesting than you'd think a collection of funeral incantations might be. It's short, most versions come with the heiroglyphics. Also bits of the old testament and a dedicated section in Herodotus helps fill in the gaps.

> I'm aiming at historical timing to figure out when philosophy's come about
If this is the case then I'd highly recommend you go through the Hindu (Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Mahabharata if you're willing) and Chinese (Analects, Daodejing) which were all developing before or at the same time as the Greeks. And they're all short (except for the Mahabharata of course, but if you're willing to go though it it gives a lot of insight into their ideas and culture)

Yes, and also The Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor. It's like 3 pages long on print, but it's pretty neat.

Is there a mythology book I can go to for the Gods of egypt?

Your a bro, I've had some of those on my list I'll move them into position.

You're all bros.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Sinuhe

Is a good story for understanding the importance Egyptians placed on their own culture and their view of the outside world.

Philosophy -- as the transcendence of the Wisdom/Sage tradition by rigorous and systematic argumentative method -- originated in Greece and nowhere else.

"eagle sun sun anthropoidic lizard sickle jackal sun" is alright.

can you be more specific with a link, google has failed me

I'm also looking forward to reading about slave concepts and faith in egypt

A bunch of them with various aims. They're pantheon is absurdly large though (and frequently redundant)
these are good
pic-related is the best bridge between Gilgames and Illiad/Bible that I can find to shill

Thank You, 7200 Virgins await you

am no arab

I know that's why is 7,200

cool

Is that the real title because I can't find it either and I'm even same fagging

>troll'd