Why hasn't Africa produced ANYTHING of literary value? Is it because they have extraordinarily low IQ?

Why hasn't Africa produced ANYTHING of literary value? Is it because they have extraordinarily low IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/-sp-saudi-blogger-extracts-raif-badawi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Writers_Series
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because they dont have anything to write with

related question: will this thread produce anything of value?

my guess is no

>will this thread produce anything of value?
apparently those quads

You guessed wrong retard. You post is worth less than mine. At least i'm inciting discussion

heart of darkness is good

>Joseph Conrad was a Polish-British writer regarded as one of the greatest novelists to write in the English language.
kys

I've met some very intelligent Africans at university. think they have the same potential as other people if they just get the hell out of Africa.

it was a joke :(

>Anecdotal evidence can be applied unequivocally to a wider group
Jesus Christ you are an embarrassment.

>do great English writers reflect the population as a whole
>do great American writers reflect the population as a whole
No they don't, and you faggots laud yourselves about being different from normies. The africans who will write great african lit will be the ones different from normal africans.

They're not literate

Kill yourself mate.

They're just dumb folks. They can shuck a mean jive and throw a spear and that's about it

Yet there are none of them but plenty of great british and American writers? How is this so when the population is more than triple that of America and England put together

Why? Can you actually give a compelling reason as to why to disagree with me so vehemently?

not that guy but youre literally retarded.
there will be more "exceptional" people when the population is lower and the wealth is greater.
obviously britain would produce more, but it also produces some retards.
africa might produce a lot of retards but there is no doubt that a few would excell with the right chances

do they have a collectivized written language? typically that's the first step. i would i agine writing books comes after.

Is the climate of Africa solely to blame for their intellectual inadequacies then. What do you propose is holding them back other than IQ which seems to be the informed option. There are plenty of African writers that have made it to 'first world countries' yet none of them produce anything of literary value.

Considering that cultures which produce literature generally are affluent, have easy access to education (or at the very least the upper class pays for their own education), are largely literate, and have unified cultural ideas it's understandable why African's aren't producing works Veeky Forums wants to read. As Africa centralizes, grows economically, and gains access to information it will produce more culture.

Did you forget about St. Augustine?

Haven't they had enough time to do that already. I though human originated there. Should they not be the most advanced in term of cultural achievement. What African cities should I keep an eye on for cultural output?

show me a saudia arabian man who excels in liberal thought.
They're out of their element in first world countries but still they try to assimilate. The fragmented history of their own cultures only make it more difficult to excel by our standards.
there is no reason to assume an african person could not create great literature regardless of "IQ". Young dumb men have done it for centuries, generally given the right opportunities.

Not 'out of their element' but contained by a flawed society run by low IQ individuals.

theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/-sp-saudi-blogger-extracts-raif-badawi

the same could be said of africa tenfold.
It's a financial and cultural problem.

When they have the resources to shift their attention to cultural production then we'll see results.

>Why hasn't Africa produced ANYTHING of literary value?
>who is Chinua Achebe
>who is Ousmane Sembene
>who is Ngugi wa Thiong'o
>who is Mariama Ba
>who is Nadine Gordimer
>who is Naguib Mahfouz
>who is FLora Nwapa

Please take your ethno nationalist redpills back to /pol/

>what are hieroglyphics

Just because you can't read it doesn't mean it isn't of value or cultural/historical significance you dolt. Jesus Christ, I was starting to think people here had at least somewhat of a grasp on history, my mistake.

This HAS to be a joke

does it have to be a joke becaue most of them did not grow up IN africa?
because that kinda proves hte point that the only thing really holding them back is the circumstances of the continent itself

You misconstrued what I'm saying. He is a liberal writer from Saudi Arabia (like you asked for). He has only produced a blog which contains liberal thought (which isn't necessarily an indicator of high IQ). He hasn't produced anything of literary value but there are plenty of great Middle Eastern works from antiquity that could be considered 'great'.
My question concerns the literary ability of Africans. Are you suggesting they have been oppressed for the entirety of their existence?

Quads of truth

This. Educate yourselves
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Writers_Series

>muh racism
Are they capable of even thinking about anything else?

I'd say africa has more less been a shithole culturally for 1000 years. Much of the antiquity stuff was probably lost or lifted.
The fact is that Saudia Arabia, regardless of the cultural limitations, has money. It opens doors that africa doesnt have and hasnt for a while

It's a joke because these works don't come close to even some of the most mediocre prolefeed that comes out of the UK and US even now. (Yes I have read a number of works by these authors you plucked from google)

>people shouldn't be allowed to write about the biggest problems they face in life

what is your problem?

inb4 you deny racism exists or something

elaborate

I'm curious to know why you feel Things Fall Apart is worse than Harry Potter

>Racism is the biggest problem that exists for the average African
Literally what planet are you living on?
Liberal American education everyone

one of the biggest problemS as I said in my post

I didn't say THE biggest

>Attributing Saudi Arabia's wealth to anything outside of natural resources which are the result of luck.

Egypt is the literary center of Africa and has produced stuff of literary value although much of it went up in flames.

Why do people like OP have to disguise their blatant reactionary racial hatred as intellectualism? Kind of an insecure cuck move

did i do that?
no.
they have control of their culture through that resource. africa does not.
thats the point.

>Things Fall Apart
I read this book with high hopes due to how highly praised it was but found that the characters were lacking any sort of depth and the work lacked any intriguing plot points. It was dull and poorly written. You cannot seriously deny that this guy's ability to tell stories would be ridiculed has he been from a western country

the stuff in the library at alexandria was all greek shit and you should be able to tell due to the fact that it's called, you know... alexandria.

>implying africa doesn't have any resources

every post-colonialists crybaby is always writing about "muh resources" all of which the natives were too primitive to monetize in any meaningful way

Because it's /pol/ posters trying to be clever and spreading le redpills. They have plenty of discussions about how to introduce ethno nationalism to (((normies))). The only problem is that they're retards. It's unfortunate that Veeky Forums is 50% /pol/tards but good that most of the reactionary threads are actually intellectually stimulating.

>Why hasn't Africa produced ANYTHING of literary value?

>Why hasn't Africa produced ANYTHING of value?

FTFY

I mean Africa was literally THE literary center of the entire world in 3rd century BC.

Pic related was written by an Alexandrian

Have you ever looked at where Alexandria is on a map? It's in Africa, west of the Nile, on the Mediterranean.

Egypt was Greek at one point. Egypt was Roman at one point. Egypt produced a fuckton of food so people liked conquering it.

Obviously library of Alexandria had a shitton of works not produced in Africa proper, but it also contained a shitton of works produced in Africa proper.

>natives were too primitive to monetize in any meaningful way
history of basically native culture. the point is that africa was easy to exploit so they suffered hte most from this issue

The characters derive from traditional african folk tales so its no surprise they're flat. They work on a larger thematic scale. You could say the same thing about Huck Finn or anything with folk roots.

>reactionary racial hatred
I'm genuinely interested as to how a simple question could be taken this way. You haven't provided any evidence that refutes my point but instead you have fall back on petty insults. What have you added to the conversation I started?

i mean technically

ITT: Pseuds forgetting where Alexandria was and thinking Africa, once the center of the literary world, has never produced anything of literary value.

>in b4 b-b-but Egypt isn't Africa muh melanin

OP did ask why Africa, not racial/cultural Africans, haven't produced any notable lit. Alexandria is in Africa and it did produce valuable works.

You have to go back to /pol/

>The library of Alexandria was in Africa therefore it was a result of African genius
>Some of the works in there were African which means they were obviously valuable
So... this... is the power of cuckoldry

i cringed.
r9k pseud loser hides behind the curtain.
"i-i-im not racist, I'm just b-b-better okay?"

>cringed
Reddit out!

it's like saying hong kong is what it is because of chinese communism rather than british capitalism, but cucks gonna cuck what can u do

I think OP means blacks. St/ Augustine wuz evil whyte coloniza cracka

>Alexandria is in Africa and it did produce valuable works
So you are suggesting a library spawned great works out of its corridors? What are you actually talking about? 'People' created those great works and they were most certainly not African (at least the ones of literary value)

This is my favourite thread on Veeky Forums right now.

Gotta love the pseud who realised he was wrong so he's just grasping for straws and calling others cucks.

you're obviously a child.
dishonesty will get you nowhere in the real world you little baby man.

also gotta love that the library at alexandria was destroyed in a race riot, africans gonna africa i guess

>/pol/ unironically defending immigration

obviously it has a bit to do with both but you cant even honestly compare africa to that considering their histories dont even nearly align you fucking pseud

>people gonna people
more like it.
you literally dont know that, child

the point is hong kong is one of the richest cities in the world with property values above nyc, but to claim it is "chinese" when it was a british protectorate for 150 years on the southern most tip of the chinese coast completely dishonest, do u not see the parallel between 20th century hong kong and late antiquity alexandria?

i see it as a place where cultures "met" but the intricate histories of each are being brushed aside by your racist assumption that only white people had anyhing to offer in the success.
its just untrue. maybe white people did more but it's just dumb to think there were never any african thinkers

>The histories of these two countries aren't exact copies of each other so comparisons can't be drawn
Literally what?

You've embarrassed yourself itt. Walk away so you can rationalize your defeat, protect your ego and live to post another day.

>being this wrong

comparisons can be drawn but it's intricate and complex you dummy.
look at africa now and china now.
notice anything comparable?
obviously something you fucking moron, but who cares, they're not the same

This is actually one of the examples of African writers you used... oh my. You really don't get this do you?

what the fuck are you even talking about? the fact that you said "it was a bit of both" shows me you probably don't know shit about asia other than faggy cartoons since hong kong was never under communist rule, but i guess that's what i get for trying to agree with some alt-right race retardist

that was me, not him you retard, and that's not what i said.
I'm noticing your issue is that you dont really listen you just hear what you want to hear.
I said it's intricate and complex and obviously there is overlap but no true comparison can be made

the point is if some fucking british banker wrote a classic novel in english while living in a fucking million dollar penthouse in hong kong it's not exactly "chinese literature" now is it?

never said it as dummy.
you're doing it again.
honestly youre obviously young and ignorant.
i recommend you just stop and actually try to find thigngs you disagree with and maybe youll grow as a person.
youre clearly bad at that.

>not quads

>quads

Hm, not too difficult to see "not quads" lost this one, folks. And he's a mongoloid who judges himself hierarchically in society based on value of posts in an online blendermonkey grapevine forum. What a winner, folks. Looks like the next match-up might be even more challenging!
>The next round will be worth five HUNDRED gold!

I actually really liked Sembene when I read him.

That's because you posted it yourself. This is getting almost as bad as those "forced my sister" threads on /b/. Posting a list of people no one has ever heard of, and then you an innocent bystander is supposed to at random recognize one of the nobodies and be able to point it out? Gimme a fucking break. Real niggers would have posted African Americans after misinterpreting the context, but in keeping with their appropriation of the term "African" to suit their own purposes of self aggrandizement.

Africans almost never write about racism.
Find one book of the over two-hundred on that list that's about racism.

DAMN NON WHITES BTFO!!!

You're the best author in the world now because you share the same race as most of the western canon

Is this all you wanted to hear?

>ignores Maliki school
>wants to use sociological statistics and maps

>ignores Mansa Musa I's university plan
>thinks Ayn Rand invented benevolent selfishness

>couldn't read Ge'ez or Alexandrine Greek if finding the Ark of the Covenant relied on it
>thinks he's Indiana Jones

take your fedora and your kindle and fucking leave.