Can anime be literature?

Can anime be literature?

Can saw manual be anime?

Evangelion holds a special, weird place in my heart.
It has elements of philosophy.
But it's not literature.

Non Non Biyori is the only Veeky Forums anime.

Haibane Renmei did it better than Murakami did.

Early anime like Evangelion, Akira, Ghost in the Shell etc. often tried to input some measure of literary concepts into them (even if through handwaving terms around such as Hegelian as if it would make total sense). It has obviously degenerated since, but that's just the nature of the Capital

I liked the relationship between Renge and the Candy Store Lady. Are there any books that do this well?

Is NGE the only example of "deep" anime? Post some moe for once you faggots.

SEL

>1990=anime started

Princess Kaguya is L I T E R A L L Y the best animated movie of the last 15 years

Well I'm not quite the anime historian. Did Astro Boy and Tale of the White Serpent even make it to the US before the 80's? There was a discerning shift in style and in execution in the 90's, and I think it warrants being called "anime" whereas there were many japanese cartoons before that looked a lot like what you'd see here in the West.

Astro boy is from the 50s m8.
And whether it aired in america is irrelevant wth fool

Not memeing? I am new to anime and I don't even know where to start. I've watched GiTS (overrated DESU), Akira (fucking awesome) and Miyazaki which I like a lot but is more Disney than anime maybe. I also liked Case Closed and Big O.

this is a nonsense post. anime just means animation.

It is the best anime movie ever, motherfucker. Name one other movie that has as beautiful an ending as Princess Kaguya. I swear watching may have been one of the most emotional artistic experiences of my life

Not memeing, also stop posting.

Can animation be literature? You fucking retard.

Why should I stop posting? This is Veeky Forums not /a/ friend.

I wanted to say of all time, but i am still unsure if it tops EoE and Angel's egg, but i guess it does, maybe.
>the scene where she runs away and all her royal clothes fall off

I prefer the ending to the The Wind Rises, but yeah watching it in theaters when it came out was a revelation.

Just your tone bitch

Ha sorry I am distrusting your sacred safe space faggot

Anime like Haibane Renmei can, yes.

Something like NGE/EoE? Nah.

No problem family