Judge my pizza

Cooked on a pizza steel, 550 degrees, Mozz and capicola. 3 day ferment dough.

that's one of the best homemade pizza's i've seen. good job.

Nice, what did your girlfriend think of it?

>no pepperoni

Fuck off

Nice, what did your wife's son think of it?

Why do you have whole fucking leaves on it? Are you a fucking animal?

what's with the shitty spinach
looks kinda greasy and burnt

I am single. My friends GF loved it.

Yeah we just throw on some fresh basil I grow at the end, it soaks up some grease. We ain't pro's bros.

I see what you did there.

>Makes a damn good homemade pizza
>No gf
What a cruel world.

>it soaks up grease
Whats the point if you just eat it anyway?

Those feels

how did you get such good charring. how long was the cooking time

>Makes a damn good pizza
>GF hates doing the dishes or cleaning up
>Come night, want to have sex, GF claims to be too full to have sex
>We are watching a movie together and half the time she's looking at her phone and giggling

Well, I just didn't have time to drive down and get low moisture buffalo mozz and therefore the little bit of grease I did not want. I use bread flour, so the crust really soaks up a lot of that. That is the real reason. I would handtear my basil upon serving, you are right.

Gabagool on a 'za?

I use a pizza steel, you can look it up online, they are like $75. Then, at the last minute I turn on the broiler and let it broil. I made better pizzas but this was the only one I took a pic of. Also I believe the 3 day cold ferment lends to a better darkened dough and possible leoparding.

good god

>it doesn't have plebaroni! this is an outrage
someone get this hothead outta here

Needs 3x more mozzarella

yeah i do 48hr ferments minimum as a rule now, very noticeably superior texture and flavor. but sadly despite using stones i've never managed to get a good char in the oven (could be that my oven is not that good too). might give the steel a try but $75 is a bit steep for something that might not work for me.

when i'm just making pizza for myself i'll make it on the stovetop on a CI skillet and on open flame. toppings added after and finished under the broiler. pic related. they're hilariously tiny but the best homemade crust i've had.

Thanks for the reply. I have really found doing a quick 3-5 hr ferment (seeing the dough double) then beating it down and retarding the fermentation process (expecting not much more rise) to be the best way. I live in Saint Louis, MO. We are the home of no yeast pizza crust. It is pretty funny.

Bronson?

Some people mod their ovens by disabling the self-cleaning lock, this way they can reach much higher temperatures.

OP here, I have wanted to do this but...it's not happening.

Gas stoves are cheap as fuck on craigslist, although you'd need the space. If you don't want to go this route and again, you have the space, you could build a perlite oven for like 150 dollars.

talk to me about your dough, anons. are you using ADY or a starter? do you make a poolish? i'm really good at baking bread and i'm interested in branching out to pizza doughs.

Bread flour
Regular Flieshmans yeast
Battery Poolish, somewhat. in the fact that I do not add my salt until after my second fermentation. I do believe it inhibits the propogation of the yeast. I like to go light on the EVOO..., and if you are not using a mixer really make sure you are kneading that dough out to where it is smooth. I really prefer hand kneaded dough.

sourdough starter is a great base for a lot of things but for pizza i believe dry yeast is the way to go. it gives a cleaner flavor imo.

for the dough when i'm making it on the stove/open flame i can keep it at a sensible hydration but for the oven it needs to be as high hydration as you can handle without things getting too sticky. 00 flour is the key. and no oil in the dough. knead well and cold ferment in the fridge for 2-3 days, you'll be using less than half the yeast you normally would for a 4hr to a day ferment. day of baking turn it out on a floured surface and let rise for 2-3 hours. shape using your hands making sure not to knock out the air on the circumference (~1/2").

I like using 00 flour but only at those high temps. 700-900.

HYou call that a pizz your pizza is fucking shit dood. Killy yourself my man

i would agree. bread flour seems to hold more moisture which is good for the longer time the pizza has to spend in home ovens. both bread and 00 are a step up from AP in terms of gluten formation.

thanks, anons!

Looks really fucking good

arhhhhhhhhhwhh....