Anyone have an air fryer? how do you like it?

Anyone have an air fryer? how do you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gEQPDQ0jyOk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

about as much as I like my toaster oven

I like it for pre-made frozen food that you're supposed to cook in an oven. Like fries and tendies. Haven't had much luck with anything else.

How many times are you going to make this thread?

Oh cool another jerkoff air fryer thread.

this is my first post on this topic? maybe its a popular question

TELL ME ABOUT THESE DOOHICKIES AND NO FIBBING OR ELSE

Eh. It's not bad, but not great.

It does frozen stuff probably better than anything else.
But it struggles with fresh chips if the potatoes are anything less than perfect (not too old, not too thick cut, not too wet, not too dry, not too many, not enough oil, too much oil......)
Seriously, it's less hassle making fresh chips in an old fashioned pan of boiling fat.

Does roast potatoes okay, so long as you cut them no bigger than 1" in any direction.
Is worthless for anything with a fresh coating or batter.
Is worthless for making crisps.
Is worthless for anything involving hard roots - like sweet potato (just doesn't cook them).
Is worthless for anything that can fall apart - it will turn it to mush.
You can make soups and stews in it, but saucepans and slowcookers exist.

Basically it's a frozen potato processing device.
Mildly disappointed tbqh.

You don't use a question mark there.

I do, but I call it an oven.

I know? but i'm kinda new here :^)

all new Veeky Forums posters are required to post their boipuccis. make with the boipucci posting.

no u

>tfw no Veeky Forums bf to forcefeed spirolactone and estradiol without their knowledge
;_;

Wouldn't you rather have an ottery bf who offers more utility?

Less oil, but still gets hot and carcinogenic.

Question. Are otters hairy or hairless? I know bears are hairy but I always thought otters were usually hairless cause they were sporty

I like twinks more than otters and I want to turn a twink bf into my qt trap gf

otters are basically slightly hairy twinks with more muscle tbqfhwyf

So.. I have no oven and installation of one would be too complicated in the current apartment. I got this thing for dirt cheap. An equivalent of approx 40USD.

Let's see how it does on it's first ride.

Since I didn't want to risk burning too much money, i got these pork legs. Koleno, Schweinehaxe, Hog shank(?). The price was appro 2USD per kilo.

I used this guy, who is some sort of MPW's retarded brother shilling for other brand as a guide : youtube.com/watch?v=gEQPDQ0jyOk

Beer, salt, pepper. Ok. I've thrown in some crushed garlic, because why not.

Here we go. Next check in 1 hour, see you then.

Yes you can. I don't know what it's called but you can. Try passing 9th grade.

bumping for interest

do you hate your toaster oven

wtf happens if you use too much oil

You absolutely can user. Think of it as an inflection, as if he was simultaneously implying confusion or feeling of accusation while making his point.

bumping

About an hour has passed. They are slightly browned on the top. Juices have reduced more than i expected, so i decreased the temp to ~130C and added more beer.

Internal temp is ~55C now.

Let's see what another hour does.

You get greasy chips some of which are white with blotchy looking brown bits on them.
They are cooked, but they look like shit and taste entirely neutral.

The only way I've found of making decent chips in this thing with fresh potatoes is to do these things:
>cut potatoes into thin chips - no more than 10mm thick
>rinse cut chips in running water
>towel dry chips
>stab each and every chip with a fork
>put into memefryer
>add a tablespoon of oil
>use your hand to make sure all the chips have a thin coating of oil
>close lid and start

As opposed to frozen chips:
>put chips in thing
>close lid and start

effort.txt

damn that is rather disappointing
p glad this thread came along.

I have one I bought from Walmart for $120. I would recommend it. It can easily cut back on fats but it's really a mini broiler than it is a fryer but it cooks quick after and cooks anything microwaveable and makes it 4x tastier like frozen chicken tendies or fries. No oil needed.

I make french fries in my oven all the time and it comes out steaming hot and crispy with NO oil.

Yeah. I thought so too.

They're brilliant for frozen stuff. Just throw it in and set it going.
But it's way more effort for anything else.
I suppose if you don't have a proper kitchen, or enough hob space they'd be p. useful.

So far i'd say the thing does a decent job at delivering the heat. 2 hours and the extremely collagenous and tough piece of cheap pork is 80C internal. I guess I'll turn it off for a while, let the temperature equalize and see..

A bit offtopic : it seems i have put in a bit too much beer ( ~250ml ) and the juices are now very bitter. Any idea how to fix that ?

Brown sugar

dont do this it makes mustard.

What is an oven

it makes food hot

Are toaster ovens not worth it? I already have a toaster and an actual oven. Do I not need a toaster oven? I figured they were kind of useful.

yea i do, it's a great universal appliance.
Why did you put chips and drumsticks into your mixer? Looks like you didn't even remove the bones, there's no way you will be able to eat that.

I like the one I have, it's a toaster that can do more than just toast slices of bread. Great for heating up food that will lose the texture in a microwave, but faster than waiting for your entire oven to get hot.

So... i left it for ~2 hours close din the pot and finished at 180 degrees for the last hour.

Pros :
- Color is imho very pretty
- Skin is super crunchy, like a crisp ( if that's your thing )

Cons :
- Collagen inside didn't have enough time to dissolve making the texture less tender than i'd like. It was still edible without extraordinary amount of chewing. This is a failure when making this dish.

Overall i'd give it 5/10

Concerning the machine itself

Pros :
- super cheap.
- doesn't take much space.
- It's seems basically impossible to burn your juices. They are at the bottom while the heating element is at the top. Garlic sticking out of the juices is a different story.

Cons :
- Stupid timer only takes 1 - 60 minutes. If you do something over an hour, you need to come to it every hour and revert it to 60.
- Spot under the fan / heating element is much hotter than the rest.
- Somewhat noisy.
- When you take off the lid during the process you have nowhere to put it because it's hot on the bottom. you need some kind of a stand ( i used a metal pot ).

Verdict :
8/10 if you have no chance to get a regular oven
0/10 if you have oven.

P.S. I'll probably use it to color items i previously made sous vide.

Decent thread, 6/10.

I fucking adore my toaster oven
got a skillet with these little handles on either side instead of the normal pan-handle, so it can fit in easily.
also have a bunch of stoneware plates I can heat up leftover meals in directly.
preheats fast, keeps shit crispy, 10/10 would sell my microwave before I sold my toaster-oven.

addendum, based on the info in this thread, I have no idea why I'd pick this air-fryer over a toaster oven.

I can bake in my toaster oven.

I would let that man suck me off, no homo.

Might as well be a $50+ tendy machine

why you eating on a piece of plywood ahahahaHhahahahHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Got a NuWave one for xmas last year and used it maybe 5 times. It's ok I guess but too much hassle to use and clean.

I am getting some good use from mine. I make tempura and katsu from scratch, and taking oil out if the equation makes the process more predictable and the product healthier. Deep fried crunch without all that fat. Sometimes, I toss in frozen parmesan tilapia, but that performs only as well as an oven. You should probably get one.

lol

They have the densest fur of all so yes they are hairy

love it.

It cooks just fine, but it does not in any way shape or form "fry" any food.