Beer Thread? Beer Thread

Beer Thread? Beer Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/BacBbG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here. This is what I'm drinking tonight. How goes it?

Big bad Baptist is great. Is like 16% apv. Taste surprisingly good. Very dark and think with a mocha taste. 10/10

What is that one like?

Fuuuuuuuuuuck who makes that one? That sounds right up my alley.

This is from Tröeg's out of Hershey, PA. Philly Phag here. I would say it tastes like Christmas. It's 11%. Former Ohio fag. It tastes similar to GLBC Christmas Ale. A bit "spicier" though.

I drink over a half a handle of rum and smoke three packs a day. I read your threads and I envy you.

OP again. Haven't had a cig in probably half a year. Transitioning to Black and Milds. Hopefully no tobacco soon.

Not sure. I have only seen it in one store in Colorado.

That sounds awesome. I will have to see if they sell any near me, so I can get in season. Haha

LOL

What kinda rum?

I recommend both Mad Elf and Christmas Ale.

Mostly Nelson's

Femanon?

Not even joking here. Super drinkable, got a nice caramel taste to it, and 6% Alcohol.

I'm in love with this beer and I'm absolutely furious Anheuser-Busch put the dumb Budweiser name on it because a lot of people are going to assume it's just ordinary Bud which is in my opinion a horrid beer.

Better be stormy seas black label

I've been wanting to try this

My buddy at the Liquor Store suggested it to me, I'll admit now I'm not an expert on Beer and I usually just follow BeerAdvocate's nerds to guide me along. I was in disbelief with it's current 3.9/5 standing.

Even with really good beers I usually have to force myself to finish it when alone, I'm loving this and might have a second one tonight.

Here's a pic to confirm I'm not just memeing. Not the best beer in the world but best Macro without a doubt.

I'm usually Yeungling or Busch Heavy guy, so I'm sure I'd love this. Just haven't seen it here yet

The one good thing about living in Florida was plentiful and cheap Yuengling. God I miss that beer.

The thing about Budweiser is that their water is terrible, and taints all of their beer with the same flavor. I will pick up a case because it's intriguing, but I'll probably end up just as disappointed as when I tried their black label when it came out.

I honestly don't know how they became America's #1 beer, because they're hampered by their own terrible water they brew with.

Because Budweiser has stellar marketing. It's plastered all over sporting events and concerts, it's usually the cheapest beer at a bar, they've made their beer synonymous with Clydesdales and America. They've done the same thing with Corona which is also a horrid beer.

I'm totally in lockstep with you when it comes to the utter mediocrity that is Budweiser. I can't stand a Bud and that wretched aftertaste of what I've always assumed was cheap adjuncts, maybe it is the water. But this beer is just superb. Anheuser-Busch InBev has been buying up Craft Breweries for a while now and it makes me believe they've just rebranded one of their beers.

L ON D ON
O
N
D
O
N

sippin on one of these right now, really pretty incredible.

I've been hearing everyone complaining about ho expensive it is, but I picked it up for like five bucks, and the store I went to had a special, like 4 for 15 or something, thinking about going back to stock up and cellar.

hello inbev marketer, pls tell your bosses to stop ruining beer

Regular budweiser isn't bad imo. It's "piss beer" but it has no unpleasant taste to me. In fact it hardly tastes like anything, almost like drinking carbonated water. It's refreshing on a hot day.

Get yourself some of this

so fuckin' expensive, but so fuckin' good.

nice n' complex for a stout, it's not a punch in the face with the cocoa or the honey or the chili. balanced, not overly sweet, and 12-goddamn-percent, so it's got that uber-boozy taste i tend to favor in dark beers.

Join the Discord! Who knows? You might win a geuze.

Link: discord.gg/BacBbG4

Yet to try this, insane that I haven't yet.

That's the only saving grace of American macro, it has such little taste that it hardly tastes bad.

Want this bad lad, need to try more Evil Twin

Current favorite year round from mn.

Oh I also grabbed this today. Indeed has phenomenal seasonal and special releases, but probably my least favorite regular lineup in mn. Their pils is solid though.

its winter now. Screw beer. Mulled wine for at least 3 months.

I cant stand the taste of beer. I love hard cider, so it must be the hops? Idk, can anyone explain that to me? Im in the Navy and mostly just drink hard liquor, but when i have a watch coming up and i need to pump the brakes i drink cider. Stella Artois has been my favorite. Could any of you suggest a beer to try for someone who doesnt usually like beer?

No.

Heineken i guess

Its pretty light but still tasty

Oh and drink it cold

Nothing beats Carlsberg Special Brew, for the price or availability.

giv cantillon

>in a chimay glass
underratted

OP is a literal fag

Tonight I am drinking:

Finback - Currency (IPA)
Finback - All Caps (IPA)
Captain Lawrence - Tears of Green (IPA)
Hermit Thrush - Brambleberry (barrel aged fruited sour)

All extremely good. Feels good to live in the Northeast.

Had Dragonmead Final Absolution

It was meh

Drinking pic related. Really decent Mexican beer.

Awesome cans, remind me of Stillwater.

Love Negra but can't drink the brewery's stuff anymore due to their massive consumption of groundwater in an already water-starved area.

Had some Duvel tonight. didn't really like it. any other recommendations for dryish dutch beers?

Nice pour.

Also Duvel is Belgian.

My dick can't get any harder, I'm really enjoying this beer.

That one is really tasty.

Epic Brewing out of Utah makes it. Definitely buy it, it's a great beer.

my fav

good taste. this, and bohemia clasica at a close second are by far the best mexican macros imo

But how does it compare to, say, Brooklyn Lager or Modelo Negra?

How do I find some German styled craft beer that actually tastes like German beer, just got back from 15 days in Bavaria and i'm like a crack whore who hasn't had any in a week

Do I really need to fly 8 hours to have a decent fucking beer

I love Old Ras but the brewery makes it hard to like them with the trivial lawsuits and shit.

Nitro Rasputin is god tier.

What area are you in? Some breweries make better German beers than the German breweries.

Real men get Steel Reserve or Hurricane faggot.

but im a girl

New Orleans, shit tons of brewerys but they all pale in comparison to the almighty German brew, I just don't get how they can make beer so fucking drinkable, like I loved beer before I went, and after I went I felt empty only having shitty craft beer to drink

Gonna go to one of those beer festival things this weekend. Any tips on how to not get completely blasted like one hour into drinking? I I plan on taking a book in with me and just chilling and reading for a bit for like 15 minutes to let the beer digest.

my mommy likes those a lot

It's beer, how the fuck can you get blasted in an hour? Are you 12?

I am not really a heavy drinker mange. I average maybe 3 drinks on a weekend when I am partying and I imagine once I get to my 20th 4 oz sample I am gonna start feeling it.

Drinking pic related.

Who else here /sour/?

Just chill on tasters for a while, try not to get full pints unless it's something you really like.

Has this earlier, nice n tart.

Why are IPAs so popular? Most of them taste more like grapefruit juice than proper beer.

Prep yourself then, because you're gonna have a hard time once you find a beer you like, also it's a beer festival, get drunk and enjoy yourself, I can assure that you will not be the only one doing that

No, we get MD2020

On that note, that's the reason why I hate the day I discovered Lervig's 'Big Ass Money' as much as I fondly remember it. It's created an impossible summit that stunts everything else I try, and the moment they stop brewing it is the moment it'll never be reached again.

I live right down the street from Jester King. I used to enjoy Destihl, but JK is really the gold standard. Too fucking bad they know it, too.

All beers taste the same. Why even bother with your hipster shit?

What beers have you had?

Currently in South Korea and pic related is the only local craft beer I've tried that doesn't have a weird aftertaste.

Anyone else have experience with Korean beer? Most of the major labels seem to be just carbonated water meant for mixing with soju. Getting pretty frustrated out here

Pabst

Maybe try something that isn't a lager then.

here's a really nice finnish beer

Because grown ups enjoy bitter flavors like gin, dark chocolate, coffee, etc.

How does one get into beer
Currently I can't stand the stuff. Taste aside, it unsettles my stomach. I'm good with any other kind of alcohol but any kind of beer makes me sick.

Try not drinking lagers or beers with high carbonation. That could be doing it.

Sounds like beer's just not for you. That's okay. I mean personally if that's the case I think you're missing out greatly, but I'm sure I'm missing out on a tonne of great wines and stuff, so whatever.

I just walked three-quarters of a mile carrying a 12-pack of Stone at 9:30 in the morning.
I feel like the fanciest wino there ever was.

>6% Alcohol
>a highlightable fact
Bitch I can get 8% stout thats actually good for cheaper. Fuck off shill.

I've been drinking nothing but Olde English and Colt 45 lately, but I'm looking to splurge a little. What's a nice craft beer that will give me the experience of a cheap malt liquor?

Belgian strong ale?

There isn't really a craft beer counterpart to malt liquor.

Having some winter warmers tonight. This one was one of the better Ballast Point ones in recent memory. Nice coffee at reasonable abv!

>stouts

that bottle looks neat

brew your own stuff if you want good beer

i'm not drinking but i will be sipping Monkish Socrates Philosophies this weekend :)

Mad Elf is shit.

Definitely an acquired taste.

Picked up my first pack of pic related for the season. I love it when good seasonals are from cheap breweries. Also had a good amount of Breakfast Stout over my birthday weekend, that was nice

Is Rum King worth it? I only see it for $17 or more and it's hard for me to justify when I've never had it, though Indeed rarely disappoints

Just finished three of these

That's like 6 normal beers. How drunk are you?

Not even a little unfortunately

There is a market for cheap and good beer, this shit is still too expensive. Needs to be like $5/6 pack to really make an impact. You can do it inbev shill

First Beer Geek stout for a while and it's pretty average for Beer Geek standards.

Still pretty good though!

I'm looking for a cozy beer to drink on a chilly day. Don't care what variety but I'm thinking along the lines of a winter warmer. What do y'all suggest?

I'm in a beer snobby area in the midwest so I could probably nab just about anything from around there

I'd say yeah, especially on a cold night. It's like 15$ at Costco if that helps.

Are there any UK people here that get beer online

Careful about buying pale ales and IPAs online unless they share a bottling/canning date!

Summit winter ale or shells snowstorm

Schells*

This beer has a perfect malt to it imho, first time I've had it but I'm enamored.