Debord thread

>Debord's suicide is as controversial as it is unclear.[16] Some assert it was a revolutionary act related to his career. Due to his involvement with the radical Situationist International (SI), as well as his sadness at ‘the society as a spectacle’ being considered a cliché in later life, many think that Debord felt hopeless about the very society he was trying to shed light on. Debord was said to be “victim of the Spectacle he fought”.[17] Among the many commentaries on Debord's demise, one scholar noted: “Guy Debord did not kill himself. He was murdered by the thoughtlessness and selfishness of so-called scholars (primarily trendy lit-criters) who colonized his brilliant ideas and transformed his radical politics into an academic status symbol not worth the pulp it's printed on…”[18]
Reminder he was painfully right about almost everything
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZBcLuZm68
Also a moment of silence
m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VyBcTlyU0

Other urls found in this thread:

biblioklept.org/2009/06/29/what-lies-beyond-violent-drunkeness-guy-debord-on-drinking-booze/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkgUeJDgQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So he was just driven mad by jealousy?

That song is unironically brilliant and fitting

>wants badly to be a rich celebrity
>spend life convincing yourself and others that wealth and celebrity are bad somehow
>never fully convince yourself so an hero

Why do people believe this stuff? It's just angsty nonsense.

Reminder that over 60% of philosophers are wannabe cult leaders

why are you using the word "unironically"? young thug is a genius and the contemporary albert ayler, everyone already knows that

>yung thug
>not yung lean
Just kys my man

Honestly they're both great young thug really is one of the greatest he seems like a genuine person and not a nigger

yung lean is shit though

I thought this too but his newer stuff is pretty good

>tfw Young Thug is actually a genius

pretty sure debord killed himself so as to not see this thread

he get BNM on pitchfork twice, you have no choice but to pretend he's good

>((Gellar)) poster
It checks out.

Pitchfags gave his worst projects good ratings tbqfrh

Debord actually makes good points, but the problem is that he completely confines his writing to semi-marxist critique of society, capital and image. He made a deeper point he himself couldn't see because he wanted to be so goddamn edgy and revolutionary.

>too weak for life
Good riddance.

How does he compare to Albert Ayler?

Debord wasent a lefty

Listen to Jeffrey I don't really like "urban" music (more into classical) but it's honestly pretty good son

>Debord thread subject
>GirlQuotes image
>"Also a moment of silence"
>Young Thug unironically brilliant and fitting

Vainly relates to the subject; in vain to the object; uselessly simply means with no use for anyone. One has worked vainly when one has done so without success, so that one has wasted one's time and effort: one has worked in vain when one has done so without achieving the intended result, because of the defectiveness of the work. If I cannot succeed in completing a piece of work, I am working vainly; I am uselessly wasting my time and effort. If the work I have done does not have the result I was expecting, if I have not attained my goal, I have worked in vain; that is to say, I have done something useless ....

>Debord wasent a lefty

>young thug brilliance
>yes
This time you can pick 2
He wasent most western memxists arent

A lot of folks want to make martyrs out of philosophers, poets, etc. that take their life, but I think the truth is always a bit more mundane (and beautifully so). Debord killed himself because he was an alcoholic.

On a related note, if you haven't already read this, give it a spin: biblioklept.org/2009/06/29/what-lies-beyond-violent-drunkeness-guy-debord-on-drinking-booze/

>Reminder he was painfully right about almost everything

I know and I wish he fucking wasnt

Thread Theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkgUeJDgQ8

this is a form of the spectacle
the internet is the a new form of the integrated spectacle

Very interesting.