My taste in literature is generally straightforward...

My taste in literature is generally straightforward. I Hemingway and Steinbeck and Nabokov and others who are mentioned in that vein. I tried reading Gravity's Rainbow at one point, and I recognized a sort of charm in it, but otherwise it made me feel too lost and I dropped it about 60 pages in.

That all being said, is it a waste of time for somebody like me to try to tackle this one? I don't care if you call me a pleb, I can say with confidence that I'm a more well rounded individual than any of you, I'm just curious about whether or not I should spend my money on this.

decent bait, will probably get a lot of (You)s

Infinite Jest is not a hard book. I got it as a teenager

It's an insecure book. It tries to cram as much clever fluff in to distract from the relatively superficial exploration of social theories

Contrast Gravity's rainbow, whose irreverent nature and layered imagery is actually part of the point, thus making you directly engage with it. Infinite Jest is a Xanax to make you think you're smart and feel comfortable with that

infinite jest is just a very clever and inventive comedy routine. nothing more. it's not hard to understand, but sometimes it can be kindof hard to read because of how different the prose can be at times than standard writing.

you don't deserve a you so have a Fuck You instead

why does every IJ post have endless follow up posts of "precocious toddlers can understand it"

Fuck you. Just read the book you fucking pussy. Do you seriously need the validation of a few dozen self-loathing anonymous faggots who if you saw in real life would have zero credibility to you? Fuck you. Put your dick on the edge of the table and smash it with the spine end of a dirty used copy of Infinite Jest.

A fuck ?

if Infinite Jest is xanax, what drug is gravity's rainbow?

Sodium amytal

>feeling the need to defend your ego from insults on an anonymous message board

You're a pseud, by nature.

You know I've been browsing Veeky Forums for about a decade now, and many times I wished someone could reach thru the screen and strangle the fucking idiot on the other side. And you make me wish this the most.

DL it on libgen, read and buy if you like?

triggered much?

>projecting

get out

good post my lad

What book is LSD?

>Put your dick on the edge of the table and smash it with the spine end of a dirty used copy of Infinite Jest.

FUCKING KEK
/thread

crystal weed

Finnigans wake