Girlfriend asks what I'd like as a birthday gift

>Girlfriend asks what I'd like as a birthday gift
>"I'd love a nice copy of War & Peace"
>Receive this

Should I break up with her?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_and_Peace_(film_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ask for a book
>gf goes and get a book called exactly what user asks for
>asks if he should break up with her

Get your elitist ass off your high horse, she went out of her way to get you what you asked for. Even if she got it wrong she still tried to make you happy. Maybe she should break up with you.

KILL HER

>Literally judging a book by its cover.

>she doesn't try to surprise you
>she undermines the gift

women are such shitty girlfriends

My gf got me a bunch of faulkner first editions. Hardback. Sorry about your shitty gf

I was being facetious, ass clown. I'm just highlighting the paradox of "nice copy" and pic related. Like thanks for trying, but if I'd known this is what she was to decide on, I'd have just bought a better version like I was planning on doing so probably in the next week.

>The eagerly awaited BBC TV adaptation of Tolstoy's enthralling epic War and Peace is due to appear on our screens. This is the official tie-in edition

Judging it by its cover is normally bad. But this isn't even a bad translation, it is an adaptation of the tv series

You should definitely break up OP. She's not a keeper

Girlfriends(male) are the patrician choice

She did her best. You'll be sharing her soon whether you know it or not. Good luck. :)

I don't even mind the casting for this adaptation too much, but by god does Natasha look like an old hag with makeup on

I've recently come to the opinion that if something "un-filimable" is to be adapted it should be done by Netflix or Amazon. This however was a bad idea. Only the plays Tolstoy wrote should be filmed.

A bad cover is off-putting you imbecile

I've refused to buy many a book I want to read because of a bad cover.

War and Peace already has a definite adaption though:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_and_Peace_(film_series)

Fucking Pseudes

I had no idea this existed, thank you.

Actually OP, you should marry her. Your girlfriend nows the true value of Kino and that it's superior to SHITERATURE in every way/form.

>Having standards for your private library is psued.
Sounds to me like someone is a complete child.

Happy to share the joy mate

Unless I am mistaken, this looks like the original unabridged Maude translation, which (along with Dunnigan) is one of two that seem to me to be the best

Do you read the books that you own? Or just look at them?

Is that Classic Dano on the cover?

>asking for any copy of War and Peace
>not telling her a specified translation

You do it to yourself.

I'm not going to spoon-feed you as to why cover art is important.

Maybe the point of a gift isn't for it to be exactly what you want. Maybe the sentiment is more important. Maybe you should kill yourself.

Yes.

So...What came first, the TV series or the book????

>Ask for a nice book
>She buys something that is shit but has a eye-catching cover
Wow what a shock that that's what a woman thinks "nice" means.

Deus vult you fucking faggot

>I don't want other people judging me

I do not care what other people think of my book collection because I don't go out of my way to show how smart I am by reading. I buy certain editions because I want cover art that doesn't make me think the book likes trash.

>This is what he actually thinks

Brilliant, user. Brilliant.

I don't think you have a girlfriend
enjoy your hand faggot

Based. Is that Paul Dano?

I told my gf that Joseph Conrad was my favorite author so she got me a collection of his correspondences/letters for my birthday. Apparantly it was printing shortly after his death and there are only a few hundred copies of it in the world. She had to search quite thoroughly to find it, and while it's not pristine condition it's still very nice.

Too bad I fucking hate her and want to break up with her.

Boring person
*infects you with treatment-resistant lice*

She should break up with you for not using an ereader

t. Paul "El Classico" Dano

The only reason why I don't buy books with the film/series on the cover is rooted in my own insecurity. Knowing that people may judge me for reading a book because it is also a movie makes me feel foolish. The only relevant criticism of these editions is that they generally don't feature very good introductions or footnotes.

but she loves you user...

Tie in editions are just covers, they are not novelisations, it is pretty much teh same as a normal edition

>deus vult
>insulting mother mary
GTFO Protestant cunt

This and only this

Why would you hate and want to break up with a girl like that user? Are you autistic?

Is that a painting by Tao Lin?

Are you the same user infecting everyone with lice?

I noticed.

Yes, thanks. Soon the world will be the domain of lice.