Who else /food allergy/ here? i developed a shellfish allergy :(

who else /food allergy/ here? i developed a shellfish allergy :(

Mild peanut allergy here, can't eat PB&J or Reese's Pieces.

I'm a lacktard, lactose intolerant, but it doesn't really bother me. I still use cheese and milk products when I cook for my wife because she's not. I can bust out an alfredo on a whim no problem...I just don't eat it.

Can someone describe what allergy is like?

I have tried virtually every food on the planet and I have yet to "develop an allergy" (I thought you were born with the allergy?). Academically curious. None of my family has any allergy either.

I'm Asian btw if that makes any difference. Supposedly we're all lactose intolerant or something but I chug a 1L bottle every breakfast just fine.

>mild allergy
What did he mean by this? How is a mild allergy different from a "normal" or "strong" allergy?

ITT a bunch of pussies who need to realize that the allergy is all in their head and their parents abused them by not giving them a variety of foods.

An allergy can permutate over time, sometimes showing up in adults or teens without warning or prior knowledge. They can range from deadly, like a peanut allergy, to mild like stomach cramps or a skin rash.

It's a dice-roll bro.

You know food allergies are thought to be caused by us being too clean, and not being sick enough as a kid? So becsuse your immune system has nothing to fight, it decides to start fighting harmless food.
So you probably were a sheltered little homo faggot kid who didnt play around in the dirt or got sick as a kid, and this is what you get you pussy

Some people can go into anaphylaxis from an allergy. Others just get uncomfortable gas or an itchiness in the throat, or some minor swelling of the lips and tongue.

Most lactose intolerant people just get diarrhea after eating dairy. All Asians are considered mildly lactose intolerant just because dairy hasn't been a staple of the east Asian diet for thousands of years. But I know China and Japan right now are importing dairy like mad from the EU so apparently that's all bullshit.

Keep sucking on that cow utter bro. You'll be a man someday.

>people psychosomaticaly cause their own throats to constrict by eating food they really want to eat.

Aren't there lactose-free dairy products anyway? Or are those shitty?

No allergies, but I did get gout, which basically makes me "allergic" to seafood and meat. My throat won't swell up and I won't die or anything, but even a small amount of shellfish can have me in agonizing pain for days or weeks.

I still roll the dice, but I have to do it very rarely. Seafood is for special occasions, and I'll probably never be able to polish off a seafood buffet or clambake spread ever again. I'll also have some beef or pork maybe once a month, and maybe very small amounts of chicken a little more frequently.

I use them sometimes, but they're shit for cooking so I typically don't bother with them. They're also almost always super sweet...which doesn't vibe with me. The sugar content in rice milk and soy milk is through the roof.

LOL

I weirdly developed a peanut or something allergy back when I was about 20. Anytime I ate anything with nuts in it, my entire face and hands would swell up.

It went away though.

>I have tried virtually every food on the planet
No you haven't.

>have no allergies
>people think I'm weird

What's weird about not being a genetic defect?

You can eat literally anything: the only thing stopping you is yourself.

>who else /food allergy/ here?

I am allergic to celery, but fuck it. Just gives me a rash

Almost all aged cheeses are practically lactose free. The older the cheese the less lactose. I am continually surprised how many of you lactose intolerance people don't know this.

well if you are a conservative christian, good for you, levicus forbids you to eat it anyway

>Following the old covenant
>Calling yourself "Christian"
Nice try crypto-schlomo

My gf is allergic to nuts, shellfish and mint. I poisoned her 3 days ago with chestnuts. Spent 5 hrs in a&e shit sucks.

I'm allergic to mangoes, parsley, cashews, sunflower seeds,honey, flowers, pistachios, and most recently shellfish.
It really sucks, I have to read the ingredients to everything and be "that" person in resturants asking about whats in certain dishes and sauces.

I used to have a minor reaction to avacados where my lips would feel puffy and numb, but I never get it now cause I still keep on eating them and I've built up a an immunity to that happeneing

>tfw allergic to something but can't tell what it is
the fear is getting to me bros

Unfortunately aged cheeses taste like fucking garbage or at best, fungus. I refuse to eat that slavery food.

This. Feels great not having allergies.

Eating most nuts and sunflower seeds makes me feel like absolute shit. Mouth and throat itches like crazy, becomes lightheaded, head starts twitching, massive nausea.
Usually ends in me vomiting after a few hours. Body feels absolutely wrecked afterwards.

I always avoid eating something if I have the slightest suspicion it has some of that shit in it

If I eat dairy products, I have bad shits in the form of diarrhea later. I don't even really mind that much. What I do mind is another allergy I have which is a dog hair allergy, I get itchy eyes and dry throats when dogs get near me. That one sucks.

Not sure if it's an allergy per say but I've never been able to eat any meats. It just makes me throw up and have digestive issues for a few days. As a result I haven't eaten meat in around 15 years.

It's not like I didn't like it back then or anything just it never agreed with me. Even if I could eat meat now I have no real urge to ever do so now so I can't really see myself leaving my vegetarian lifestyle. It's a pain in public

Please respond if you are being sincere.

Thank you. I completely agree. Food allergies are simply not real. How the fuck is someone allergic to milk? Or peanut butter? You aren’t even human at that point.

Wheat allergy here.

Everyone thinks I'm one of those gluten-freetards, or someone has celiac including people on this board and it pisses me off. I hate when people claim to need a gluten free diet and it's some shitty fad.

I'll get hives on the back of my throat if I get any in my mouth. If I eat enough of it (particularly raw wheat, like udon/egg noodles, slightly less bad with sourdough and rye breads because yeast digests them, and I'm not allergic to rye afaict), ill get palpitations, my throat will tighten, I'll get tunnel vision and feel spaced out within about 30 minutes to 2 hours of eating (once it passes my stomach).

For the next two days (or however long it takes for it to exit my bowels) I'll have a pain like a knife moving through my gut slowly exactly where the meal was.

I also get weird extra symptoms if I eat it regularly, like continuous hay fever, feeling exhausted all the time, dark circles under my eyes, and getting borderline asthmatic. I also apparently lose the ability to digest milk because my small intestine gets ripped apart.

I was not allergic to shellfish growing up, but I became allergic after puberty. It's very mild though, if I just take a little benadryl first it doesn't bother me at all.

Also it doesn't include mollusks, so I can eat clams/mussels just fine.

the lips thing is what happens to me from crab and shrimp. Luckily I don't like shrimp anyway.

Over the years, I've built up an immunity to avocado powder.

>i developed a shellfish allergy
>developed

Pretty much can't drink milk or eat pork/eggs (unless hard-boiled)

Not sure if I call those allergies or a complete intolerance

>tell people I'm allergic to peanuts
>does that mean you can't eat peanut butter???
>want a cookie? Oh wait, it has cashews, can you eat that?

I was allergic to shellfish for like 2 or 3 years when I was around 10 years old. Someone said it had something to do with higher levels of iodine but I'm not sure if that's what it was. Could've been a higher level of something else in the shellfish during that time causing a problem. I can eat shellfish with no problem now.

And I'm sure this just started happening around 2012, right?

>be 10
>be at grandparents often
>always used to eat apples with my grandfather
>just chilling next to the oven, eating apples
>comfy.jpg
>start developing allergy to apples
>can't eat them anymore

My grandparents are gone now.
I often think about them, wishing i could eat an apple with my grandpa for one last time..

>love shrimps
>mom is allergic, so only times I got to eat it as a kid was once a year at ship buffet when we visited relatives in Sweden
>make food with shrimp almost weekly now

>tfw no allergen master race

Well at least we can rule out dick.

I developed an egg allergy

I can eat pretty much all dishes made with eggs, but eggs alone or something that is majority egg will make me feel like shit for the rest of the day

They still taste great though so sometimes I indulge like an idiot.

Kind of hoping that it goes away again at some point...

For me it feels like someone is stabbing me in the chest/upper stomach for a few hours afterwards. It doesn't feel like I'm going to die or anything and it doesn't seem to fuck with my regularity, it just makes me feel like shit for the rest of the day.

Allergies are an immune response to a certain substance/compound and as your immune system grows and changes throughout your life it's actually quite common for individuals to gain and lose an allergy over the course of their life.

I used to be like you, I miss that life...

Udder*
I correct you not to stroke my (anonymous) ego, but for your own future benefit.

Cherries and every fruit related to it, including almonds.

you're embarassing yourself

lactose intolerance is not an allergy
lactase persistence is a mutation

>have a number of food allergies
>adults just feed me junk food
>get sick when i try healthy things as a kid
>get told i'm whiny and spoiled
I eat better now but man, it's not my fault i'm lactose intolerant and all you gave me to eat was a tub of ice cream.

Red meat gives me acne :(

nightshades caused by illness
;potatoes, tomatoes,paprika,eggplant,tobacco,peppers

as far as i know, i'm not allergic to anything but i feel your pain. shellfish allergy sounds like the worst allergy. sorry bro

Nah. I've had it all my life and I inherited it from my dad who noticed it when he was in college in the 70s.

I have a very mild dairy allergy
whenever I eat dairy my nose starts running and gets stuffy. I like dairy too much so I just ignore it

just do a blood test bruv

it can find out what you are allergic to

cut out a few specific foods over a few days each to narrow it down.

>mfw alcohol intolerance

Avocado allergy, showed up suddenly about 8 years ago. If I eat it, my throat feels like I've been deepthroating a sandpaper dick for hours afterwards. It doesn't really affect my life much, but I do miss guacamole.

Something I found interesting while angrily googling avocado allergies after this started is that people with latex allergies can have reactions to some foods, including avocado. My mother has a latex allergy. It might be a coincidence, or maybe she passed me some shitty genes.