What African language offers the most literature, art, and culture?

What African language offers the most literature, art, and culture?

What are some great African works?

Genuinely interested. I know Latin and Spanish if it is any help on recommendation.

Yoruba lit is pretty cool.

many African works were written in the language of their colonizers, which means English, French, and Arabic

the patrician African language is kikuyu

Not op Are there good general or definitive works (in philosophy as well)

Why kikuyu?
you tried

Your best bet is North Africa which leaves you mostly with Coptic, older forms of Egyptian, or Arabic.

Afrikaans

French

I can't think of the name but I remember some Senegal epics back in high school that were neat
You have an uphill battle of sorts with oral histories and the like but dont let that discourage you
Try original Beasts of No nation that led to a fairly entertaining flick

Do you mean an African language, or language spoken in Africa.
If it's the 1st one then it's probably Afrikaans,if it's the 2nd it's probably English, French or Arabic.

>What are some great African works?
this thread is a joke right? are you talking about black africans? they havn't even invented the wheel.

Chinua Achebe said he wrote in English because Igbo (Nigerian) has a huge amount of regional variation, and there's no standardised form. Plus writing in English adds to the colonial nature of his stories.

I know most African languages don't have words that expand past rudimentary day-to-day vocabulary. I've never heard of any good African philosophers

>African
>literature
>art
>culture
choose one, or three if you don't choose African

>what is Egypt
Just because they aren't black doesn't mean they don't exist

I was talking about ethnic Africans or niggers as I like to call them. Actual Egyptians are closer to Aryan than African. Don't make me start kang posting.

Also Igbo is an incredibly primitive language with a very small vocabulary and was constructed by people with an average IQ of about 80. It's heavily dependent on the pitch of your vocal tone because the Igbo people were too stupid to construct a system of writing (they only started borrowing an alphabet from their neighbors in the 1500s)

agreed

>Naga Tribe
>Think they're African

Kys plz

>someones gotta tell him

The library at Alexandria burned down

For Romans and Greeks, there're only two things, Mediterraneans and Non-miditerraneans, Aryan and African aren't a thing yet