Anyone else miss /fitlit/? I really think if that had lasted we would have gotten rid of all the protestants, fedoras...

Anyone else miss /fitlit/? I really think if that had lasted we would have gotten rid of all the protestants, fedoras, frogposters, redditors, and /pol/cucks that constantly run every thread into the dirt.

/fitlit/ was reddit incarnate

/fitlit/ would have created the autistic ubermensch

"It is a mark of a mean capacity to spend much time on the things which concern the body, such as much exercise" - Epictetus

>gotten rid of all the protestants, fedoras, frogposters, redditors, and /pol/cucks
but that's literally everybody

I don't mind the Protestants. It's the Catholics I want out.

Really you fucking r9k-tier faggot? Veeky Forums is a board exclusively for Chads and Catholics.

Make me leave

no

Wdhmbt?

Veeky Forums is unbearable, but very similar to Veeky Forums in one respect. It is inhospitable to oldfags. The discussions are circular with each new wave that reads the sticky. The discussions all revolve around beginner questions, with some long timers in /plg/ or /owg/ and varied bodyweight and aesthetics generals. Once you get to a point where you have educated yourself on the finer points of fitness, there is little purpose there other than pushing memes and tinder threads, with maybe an injury question for the generals.

Veeky Forums is the same way. Its why we are still discussing Orwell, DFW, and unironic Stephen King or "Mishima, where do i start" threads are always up. And once you have developed your taste, and know how to seek out what interests you, Veeky Forums becomes redundant aside from shitposting.

You just described Veeky Forums as well

Hard to tell out of context. The rest of the passage explains that pleasures of the body, exercise, eating, sex, drinking, should be experienced subordinate to your main focus which is the concerns of the mind.

So the shitposters are the most informed?

We may have reached an unparalleled level of counter-culture here. Raving lunatics, autistic cretins, the mass of indifferent lurkers; strewn about this small pearls of insight..with just enough combatism and vitriol to not let you get comfortable about it. And it's all neatly contained within the circular track of literary discussion that we, invariably, come dipping in and jumping out to parlay on. Absolutely marvelous.

Image reminds me of when I first went to school, and some sperg who was majoring in physics was running around checking everyone's math grades and bragging. Dude suggested we should be friends because "Nobody else belongs here."

They have /fitlit/ on cripplechan. Pretty dead.

just like every other board on that shithole

Basically this. I only really come here for half an hour a day now to shitpost and defend James Joyce against the reddit tier pseuds. I've also started to pick a good, underrated book to subtly shill every month. This month is Winesburg, Ohio.

There's very rarely any threads worth seriously posting in. And most of the threads are just repeats of the same 20-30 threads we see every few days. This board is really boring now. It's sad looking through threads and seeing shallow opinions on the same few books.

Most new readers consider themselves uninformed, but want to fit in, so they parrot what they perceive as elite literature, but what is really the canon pushed on them by the current literary milieu as represented by university sylabi. This board desperately needs adventurous souls to explore 1950-2017 lit critically to find and meme new classics, as well as enterprising souls to examine the 19th century for more books like confessions of a justified sinner or stoner type classics to exhume and bring to the fore of the internet literary community.

>all these Earthbound fags
lol, just lol

god dammit Akane is so fucking nice oh god fuck shit gof fuck gdamn fu god.

4cucks is the real shithole

And yet here you are.

The same thing with pretty much any interest/hobby-based board. I've noticed this a lot with /a/ and /mu/ as well, and I only ever go on those boards to shitpost anymore.

Why did season 2 have to suck :(

its sad seeing this happen to so many boards.

I guess it is the natural progression as a board becomes more popular. Its funny since this happened to Veeky Forums to and part of the reason it happened is because it think people were looking for better and more knowledgeble thread, so saw that Veeky Forums (or another board) had that, but ended up ruining it