Turkey

So with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up will you be roasting a whole turkey or a breast buffe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=anDL5fddN1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>only white meat

Why would anyone ever do this? If you dislike the flavor of turkey that much then just eat a ham or something.

It'll be mostly vegetarians in my house this year, so just a breast will do.

Was thinking of trying this:

youtube.com/watch?v=anDL5fddN1A

Out of my family I'm the only one who eats the thigh meat so the breast buffe is generally more practical.

Tell your family that a random person on the internet hates them.

Only have a few people eating so I usually butcher the whole turkey and freeze half of it. I'll braise the leg and wing, and roast the breast. Thaw the other half and do it the same way later in the week so it tastes fresh because reheated turkey gets an odd flavor. I like dark meat though, I'll always choose dark meat especially if it's something that is braised.

1 whole roast, 1 whole fried, several smoked breasts, 1 pounded and rolled breast roast
considering doing a preliminary poach on the roast bird this year

Will do.

I have no one to share a meal with during the holidays. So this will be another year of having a frozen pizza and plenty of beers while I play some games, and then watch some 90s music videos thinking about the time I wasin high school and college were I had friends and family until I pass out.

family deep fries a turkey every year for thanksgiving. sometimes turkey, sometimes ham for christmas.

Fuck an A....get some, user!

we don't dilly dally on Thanksgiving

I didn't have an oven last year so I made tendies out of a turkey breast and turned the other into gumbo. I have a normal kitchen this year, but the tendies were good so I can't decide if I want to do that again or roast a drumstick.

cheer up at least you aren't spending it in solitary like I did two years ago

I feel sorry for you

liberal fucking faggot

general question to all amerifats:
why do you enjoy making the same boring shit every year for the same "festivities"? turkey is dry as fuck and barely has any taste of its own.

the most unspectacular shit i have ever eaten was american thanksgiving food, self made or bought. how can you live like this?

Prime rib, fuck a turkey.

Do a whole bird but end up breaking it down into parts and cooking them separate. Unless you want the whole norman rockwell serving the whole turkey at the actual table moment everything comes out better cooking on its own.

Breast gets taken off and done into a turkey porchetta. Sous vide and then deep fried to crsip the skin.

Legs/thighs get frenched and than confit in duck fat and sous vided again deep fried to crisp the skin.

Caracus and wings get roasted off and made into a stock that goes into making gravy.

Everything can be done a couple days ahead of time and held in the fridge so all that needs to be done is reheating and the skin crisping. No needing to wake up early and more time in general to hang out drink and socialize.

>Everything can be done a couple days ahead of time and held in the fridge
If you do this, try to make sure the turkey is covered with stock or some other liquid to help keep the flavor fresh. Some people really pick up on the "warmed-over flavor" of reheated turkey and they won't want to eat it, but keeping it submerged in something helps prevent that a bit.

every year i do the same thing, roast the crown, ballotine the legs. i would change it up but my sister is a picky fucker. bread sauce, apple sauce, gravy, roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sprouts, stuffing.

we also do eggs benedict for breakfast with leftover ham from christmas eve, smoked salmon for my sister, spinach, avocado, bucks fizz.

later in the evening we have a pavlova and chestnut/cranberry chocolate fondants

Can't answer for everyone of course, but in my family it's mainly from a sense of tradition and if something were changed or left out from the holiday meal there would definitely be a lot of bitching.

My turkey turned out fine buddy

>omg i have an immersion circulator and now I'm fancy

>Not making leftovers sandwich with dark meat
>Not making turkey enchiladas with dark meat
>Not making homemade turkey soup with the carcass for stock and dark meat
It's like you're not even trying to find a way to use the whole bird.

>I’ve never eaten good turkey and do not understand that most people eat thanksgiving dishes once a year
People need to cook more turkey. And goose, duck, bison, pheasant, deer, elk, rabbit, etc, etc.

Wouldn't mind separating the thighs and legs and braising them whilst roasting the breast.
Never tried that.

Because my family's mostly vegetarian? That means more meat for me, retard.

I usually get the 3.8kg buffe and there's a shitload of leftovers regardless.

Really considering trying this this year though. Anyone got a good recipe for braised turkey thighs/legs?