YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT FILIPINO FOOD, Veeky Forums

I was told that Flip food sucks and is the worst in Asia
>friends and me agrees to visit Philippines due to their beautiful beaches and great scenery
>when we get there, the first day I try my best to have my friends avoid restaurants that serve local food
>fails
>we end up at some restaurant at our beach resort that specialize in the local food
>"hahaha guys look at this, chopped pig face fried in pigs brain, whoever eats it gets 50 bucks from me" or something like that
>fuck it, 50 bucks is worth it
>orders it
>it's served on a hot plate, smells delicious
>takes a spoonful of it with rice

and at that moment, I realized you fuckers were wrong. It was delicous as fuck. I also tried their whole roasted pork which was GOAT, some sort of satayish stuff, some sour soups, some curry-like stuff and tomato stews but I can't recall any of their names

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/lolas-story/524490/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your story's pov is all over the place.
>>"hahaha guys look at this, chopped pig face fried in pigs brain, whoever eats it gets 50 bucks from me" or something like that
from this point on to the last greentext which is obviously you i have no idea who ordered it and who offered the money, you or your friend.

and are you really surprised fried food and pork with a lot of fat tastes good. flip food sucks because there's not much depth to it compared to other asian cuisines. not because it's outrigtly inedible like some nordic food.

>this much autistic obsession over semantics
>flip food sucks because there's not much depth to it compared to other asian cuisines.
So are you saying that food can suck but still taste pretty good? This sounds like a pisspoor retarded excuse for you to dislike it for no reason nys

>thinks resort food is the same as what average households eat

>thinks Shakey's restaurants is what average housholds eat
I have literally never seen a Filipino family eat carbonara. They make spaghetti sometimes but only for kiddie birthdays or when they are too lazy to make anything more complicated

i don't dislike flip food. but yes a cuisine can still suck and have tasty dishes. tasty is about having enough salt, fat, carbs and proteins in there to hit your pleasure centers. basically low fiber and decent texture is all you need. a plate of fries is tasty. but you wouldn't call a plate of fries a particularly good dish. there needs to be more going on in a cuisine than just salt, fat and carbs for you to say it's worth looking into. like depth of flavor, interesting use of ingredients, good balance of textures.

>there needs to be more going on in a cuisine than just salt, fat and carbs for you to say it's worth looking into. like depth of flavor, interesting use of ingredients, good balance of textures.
pic related. Basically all of the food in Mindanao is pretty interesting.

You're full of shit. And it's easy to prove you wrong, a simple Google search will yield hundreds of results for hideous Filipino recipes. A resort catering to tourists is not the same.

Post some delicious Filipino recipes
youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

I'm not OP you dumb shit I'm filipino, gago ka. You're the one full of shit thinking carbonara is a fucking normal dish in the average filipino household
This is like if someone from France made a greasy hamburger video and you'd brand it as a french recipe

flips have the double kiss of death by being poor and a spanish colony. all of spains colonies subsisted on beans, rice and pork and the tastelets there have never moved past it.

Homeboy gets triggered

I can only think of Sopas as being the most similar to this. But this is an old dish from Spanish times that used carbao milk with egg noodles, cabbage and the other ingredients that is found in the modern dish. Due to Americanization, they’ve gone over to macaroni and condensed milk

>"hurr durr I'm too retarded to argue"

Did someone say delicious philipinos

would slurp up that juice of her manok if you know what I mean

I would argue there's a difference between the places genuine cuisine, the shitty fast food/glop, and resort stuff. Shitty fast food and glop is awful in any country. The Flips have too many cultures crashing into one another for all their food to be bad, though this doesn't necessarily mean the stuff that's uniquely Filipino is good either.

>though this doesn't necessarily mean the stuff that's uniquely Filipino is goo-...

What's there to argue about? I live in an area with a huge Filipino population, and I've yet to try ANYTHING that was really good or better than other variations from other areas of Asia or Indonesia. It's not your fault, dude, it's just the way the cookie crumbled based on the mixed cultural differences. It's just funky and mediocre at best, and disgusting at worst.

> I live in an area with a huge Filipino population
LMAO HAHHAHHA I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM READING THIS
So you are telling me that the only experience of Flip food is from FilAms serving their Americanzied garbage?Holy shit kill yourself you autistic fuck. Trust me, I've tried my FilAm relatives food and it outright sucks compared to the stuff at home

Balut is fuck-delicious. Break open the top, add a small amount of vinegar, then enjoy your sip of duck soup before the hard-boiled egg and duck.

Just be wary of eggs near hatching. They taste fine and have a nice crunch, but the feathers getting caught in your teeth is a little off-putting.

>implying there's not Filipino markets, delis, and restaurants here.

Goddamn you're a fucking moron. Sorry, I don't trust some angry rando's opinion on an Inuit basket weaving forum more than my own experiences.

Uh, that's how people outside of your country eats. If they suck at it, that's their problem. If the country was any good, they wouldn't have moved.

Sorry I meant that we all split the bill and orderd it together, but I ordered that hot dish with pork face and such for myself.
No, of course pork and fat tends to be delicious, but the flavor of soy sauce I think and some sour stuff and spices made it very delicious. It was also crispy and tender at the same time. The other dishes had inarguably plenty of ingredients like that sour shrimp soud with dozens of flavors. It took kinda long time to prepare that.

That looks pretty similar to the satay thingy I had. It was divinely delicious

is that the chicken egg with a chick in it? I didn't get to try it but my friends said it was surprisingly good

Even their fast food chains suck.

pork is fucking pork. filipino food is garbage because the cuisine is one dimensional and their people have no technique. all their shit is either fried or imbalanced (ie overly sour, greasy, etc). am filipino and grew up eating filipino food that is "good" by filipino food standards, but i'm not so blind to see that filipino food is SHIT compared to french, thai, chinese cuisine etc.

Had a philipino friend in middle school, he invited me over for dinner at his place once and my god his mom was a better chef than any of the restaurants in town. Had chicken with this delightful sesame sauce and baked greens. 10/10 would eat again.

>implying there's not Filipino markets, delis, and restaurants here.
Yes I know that you massive cunt but as I said for some reason those faggots moving out of my country almost always suck at making their food properly. They probably never had the culinary expereince from their grandmothers that those of us who stayed back got. Some of them are even mailorderbrides which are 100% trash and I am happy they are exported out of our country.
I tried a restaurant near where my Filipino relatives live and they made the sisig with normal porkchops and had fucking cheese on it. What the fuck?!??! And their sisig used lemon juice instead of the tamarind. It was a shitty experience and It's so shameful because it give the world a shitty first time experience. Then we got Jollibee...I don't need to go any further.

I gotta say though, alot of flips here outright suck at making food too, but those who knows how to cook usually make amazing stuff

>If the country was any good, they wouldn't have moved.
Why are there recent immigrants from Japan and Korea then? :^)

>pork is fucking pork. filipino food is garbage because the cuisine is one dimensional and their people have no technique. all their shit is either fried or imbalanced (ie overly sour, greasy, etc). am filipino and grew up eating filipino food that is "good" by filipino food standards, but i'm not so blind to see that filipino food is SHIT compared to french, thai, chinese cuisine etc.

Hello gago. Please take your father's gun and blow your self hating brain to pieces.

>Why are there recent immigrants from Japan and Korea then? :^)

Looking for new slaves.

Finally someone else sees the light. Flip food is criminally underrated

No, it's rated about right.

You juat described French and Italian cuisine

>is that the chicken egg with a chick in it? I didn't get to try it but my friends said it was surprisingly good
Normally it's duck, but a chicken variant exists.

They used to sell both (uncooked) when I lived in the Twin Cities. You had to buy the entire layer though, so like 36 eggs at a time. I shared them with my Hmong and Filipino friends.

Shut the fuck up.

You fucking know what, all asian countries have some sort or form of fried rice or fried noodles and they're all pretty fucking alright.

Just give me the basics and some weird shit and we're golden.

fuck your colonizing ass, gweilo
you are not allowed to generalize about "all asian countries"

Nice knowing you OP. Enjoy your spongiform disease.

I'm half filipino and I despise my heritage. The stereotype is real as fuck and I don't wanna be associated with my kind. Fuck these people. Filipinos are parasites and my mom is no better.

Fuck off.

No, I won't Flipshit.

Please, Flipino food has the worst of version of Chinese, Spanish, and American cuisine. I mean it's pretty amazing they can fuck it up so much.

friends and me agrees to visit Philippines due to their beautiful beaches and great scenery

Riiiight...

Your mom and your face is rated about right

Lumpia is the only good food they make.

>pancit canton/tagalog/bihon/abc123
>sotanghon
>lumpia
>chop suey
>siomai
>batchoy
>lechon
>longanisa
>tocino
>tamal

>worst
I believe your only experience was Jollibee lmao

I believe the Filipino race would improve tenfolds if you just fucking kill yourself. Self hating flips are so fucking cancerous, it makes genocide seem like the only solution

Lumpia is the only food you've tried

>delicious philipinos
between what you wrote and your pic, I can only deduce that you are into traps

Veeky Forums is literally the worst board to ask for advice on what food is good, ultimately it's a Veeky Forums board for basement dwelling armchair activitist alcoholics gather to shitpost, and anyone who has any sort of cooking experience or potiential is drowned out in shitposts and memetic replies.

>Vinegar

I genuinely hope you mean Lime and Cilantro

this nigger knows whats up, OP

>I genuinely hope you mean Lime and Cilantro
no. You've never heard of how much vinegar is used in Asia? It's pretty good with spicy vinegar

>based Brogen
>a trap

She trapped my heart if that's what you mean

I live in Texas, the only Filipino places that have it do either a lime-chile thing or a lime and cilantro thing. I genuinely didn't know about vinegar, I thought you were talking like white vinegar not spicy vinegar.

I've got to try it then, you know of any good recipes for SEA style spicy vinegar?

>Beautiful beaches and great scenery
Sure user. You and your friends aren't sex tourists..

you're the one that called her a man.
you should avoid making any reference to people from a country that uses a Romance language until you know how genders work.

Flips, tell me about Smokey Mountain cuisine?

Wow. It's almost as if taste and personal preferance aren't objective facts!

Someone post the video

The same type of asshole who goes to Jamaica or Cancun, Mexico and claim that it's "beautiful" and "safe".
They're in the segregated and filtered theme park not the real world.

I went to Jamaica and lived in a local's house while I stayed there. It was lit. Jamaicans are very kind respectful if you show them respect.

I may not be the most prolific poster on Veeky Forums, but I'm still on more than anyone should be, and have said flip food is pretty awesome many times.
TLDR:
Lurk more, faggot.

pls stop, there were girls too

I speak english, it doesn't matter what their language does

fucking hilarious to be so pedantic here. let me explain something to you: nobody cares about third world nations like the philippines. you're fucking asian mexicans.

You actually relied on the opinions of Veeky Forums? These are the same people who make posts about which fast food burger place makes the best chicken nuggets.

The fact that Mark Wiens loved most of the food from Philippines really goes to say alot that cu/ck/s are just a bunch of whiny manbabbies who can't stomach anything from the East

I fucking hate Filipino's. They're taking over my city.

Nobody feels sorry for you, filthy leaf

what's with philipinos raging so hard whenever people don't like their food?
it's obvious the average poster in here made some kind of terrible chicken adobo that tasted like dog at once point OR is just baiting because these threads are easy replies

most italian dishes outside of pasta are relatively balanced in terms of carbs, fat, protien, and fiber and not particularly high in salt.
french food can be pretty ridiculously fatty though.

lumpia is chinese's

their food as good as fuck idk who would say otherwise..

take it back bitchboi. GOAT fastfood breakfast joint.
>tfw they opened jollibee in Jacksonville

dude, filipino is influenced by spanish, and nothing influenced by spanish kitchen is bad

>inedible like some nordic food
Hold the fuck up. What nordic food?

Filipinos bastardizing Italian food is nothing new.
- Hawaiian Pizza (one with pineapples) is the fucking norm here for decades. I always thought that the "people hate pineapple pizza overseas" was a meme.
- We put a fuckton of cream and bacon/ham on our carbonara

But the worst offender is "spaghetti". Sauce is made with grocery-bought spaghetti sauce (that's very sweet, anything sour or tomato-like is blasphemous), corned beef, sliced hotdogs, and if the sauce is not enough, we put banana ketchup. Then topped with processed cheese.
I enjoy it a lot but I get why people hate it. Though you should seriously try Hawaiian pizza, it's not a meme.
t. Flipfag

>fucking asian mexicans

This. I've known some nice flips, but most of them act shady as fuck, and they pack their whole family into tiny as spaces even when it's against regulations. I used to live next door to a family of them, and it seemed like they just kept multiplying. One day I was chatting with one of the older kids while we were getting the mail, and he told me he slept in the closet, and his family had stacked bunks in the closets and that's where all the kids slept so the parents and grandparents and uncles could have the beds. It was a two bedroom apartment. Also, most of the kids talked about stealing, and the older adults were unfriendly as fuck. I realize that's just one shitty family and doesn't represent all Filipinos, but it immediately comes to mind when I read stuff like that.

I like Hawaiian pizza, but that fucking spaghetti and carbonara can go fuck off. I've rarely been that fucking disgusted by food. There's plenty of bastardized dishes I'll eat just because it tastes good, but that fucking shit is too much. Especially the spaghetti. I thought I was grossed out by American redneck "'sketti", and then I saw Filipino spaghetti. They serve it at one of the Filipino owned markets here, and because I'm always into trying foods I've never had before, I made the mistake of ordering it once. I had to throw it in the trash after two awful fucking bites. The horror....the sweetness and meat products....i've never so instantly hated a food in my life.
I will say, they know how to fry a fish though. Whenever I stop in there, I get some fried mackerel and those little fried fish you eat whole.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/lolas-story/524490/

Reminder that Filipinos are horrible people even the "educated" ones.