Does Veeky Forums use whole grain?

Does Veeky Forums use whole grain?
Why or why not?

Yes
Because processed grain is literally candy, not meal food

Am now. I'll try and use whole grain rice and pasta (already used whole grain bread), but it's not a dealbreaker. Im mostly trying to focus on portion control.

usually i use whole grain, i think it tastes better. whole grain is supposed to be better for you too

Either of the two, depending on what taste I want. "muh nutritional values" can fuck off in a corner.

Whole grain tastes like shit for sandwiches, I use oatmeal bread instead.

yes for bread, no for pasta/rice unless it's with a heavy and rich sauce

no, because i am poor and white wheat is cheaper.

No it tastes like mud.

why can't they make a 50-50 mix of the two?

I used whole grain flour to make waffles the other day and the batter came out really thick. I ended up having to add a lot more milk. Do you need to use less flour if you're using whole grain? I used whole grain because I wanted more dietary fiber.

Why have I not realized this before

What's the point of whole grain pasta if you're just going to boil it anyway?

what

It's nutritionally superior and more satiating so I tend to use it where taste allows for it which is most of the time, but sometimes I just want some delicate white pasta or jasmin rice or a baguette.

Whole grain as a staple and processed grain sometimes as a delicacy.

taste & texture > all
I prefer my flour both bleached and enriched.

Whole grain pasta has a really awful sandy texture that I don't care for.

I like brown rice and whole grain bread, though.

I only eat wholegrain and I don't even remember what the other stuff tastes like

the other stuff tastes like nothing, almost literally

This. Its just pure carbs. Its why Veeky Forumsis ens are always ugly despite being in shape. They focus so much on meeting macros or whatever that they don’t get enough vital nutrients and end up looking like ripped vampires.

Ernentrout owns all the pasta companies

>Do you need to use less flour if you're using whole grain?
Just more liquid.

I try to always eat whole grains when I can but I usually prefer white rice to brown rice.

some whole grain foods are superior. some are horrid. whole grain pasta is shit. you can get a part whole grain sourdough thats really really good, even full whole grain sourdough is possible. whole wheat tortilla is a bit sweeter, but good. whole wheat pita, dipped in hummus, i dont even remember what white tastes like. brown rice cooked with wheat berries is a fun combo, sort of chewy. in japan, they have like 5 different gradations of brown rice, as its not a whole grain, but a partially milled grain. the whole grain is that super crunchy stuff. sprouted whole wheat bread is good as well, esp. that german pumpernickel solid loaf (no leavening) that they like with their pickles, mustard, and dry meat

>whole grain bread is delicious in both taste and texture
>whole grain pasta tastes like cardboard and has the texture of sandpaper
Why?

>What kind of idiot boils water for every meal, when you can just boil water in huge batches and freeze it for later.

Yes. Why? 1. It's pretty cheap. 2. I like the way it tastes (white flour products taste bland as fuck, in my opinion).

Eh, I don't hate the taste but the boil time is crazy.

>Not using dehydrated water in 2017

I didn't think any post could have this much broscience and just plain wrong information

>whole wheat tortilla is a bit sweeter, but good.

See this is exactly the opposite of the reason I eat whole wheat tortillas, they taste far less sweet and gummy than white flour tortillas to me

Whole grain bread is the fucking best
Whole grain pasta, not so much