Veeky Forums's thoughts on writing/reading on psychedelics?

Veeky Forums's thoughts on writing/reading on psychedelics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kmh4BbJPz8
pastebin.com/pNHixySQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DUDE

Psychedelics aren't for that. At best dictate into a voice recorder. Make sure it is turned on first.

I cant stand to read when im stoned even, the Idea of reading while tripping had never even struck me
Music will always be the best tripping activity for me, it's like half the reason I do it

DUUUUUDE
This is the tapestry I was staring at after taking 40mg of DMT since starting this post. I felt the religious fervor and significance that comes from shaking around your body in reverence. Then I took a piss and jotted down my thoughts.
I see where you're coming from but I disagree. You can't lump psychedelic into this or that like the trite and hypocritical Star Wars adage " Only a Sith deals in absolutes". People use it for various motives. Have you tried it out/ what are your experiences with it?
I believe there is merit in psychelics articulating your innermost creativity.

I LOVE tripping while listening to music. Your spectrum for appreciating music is enhanced. It helps me enjoy genres of music I don't normally listen to. As well I can't read either. It seems like the words jump out and attack me similar to the tests eye doctors give.

I always go down the wikipedia rabbit hole when I trip with some music/cartoons on in the background. Super comfy.

yeah, cartoons are made for psychedelics

writing MAYBE can work
but reading i don't think its possible

Where would one start on that? You're own interests or is there a recommended starting point? Sounds like fun

Reading is quite hard on psychedelics, can't stay concentrated on them, plus the fact that the letters are moving doensn't help either.

Has anybody tried audiobooks on psychedelics?

Yes I am own interests

The letters are always moving. If you look at a line of text, focus on one point, and consciously try not to randomly move your eyes you'll find that the letters have always been moving just due to how the visual system work. Psychedelics simply make you aware of it.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Do this anons.

yo im a dyslexic, this is what learning to read was like for me, shit goes off the page. just finished 2666 in a week tho

there is no merit to evaluating the destruction of your brain just because it has a hallucinogenic side effect. it's like kicking a dog for the amusement of having to watch it walk funny. it's not supposed to function that way. the optimal way of functioning is sobriety, like the optimal way of walking for a dog is unhindered.

faggot

if you like drugs, there is no reason you shouldn't like eating disorders, alcoholism, gambling addiction, hoarding, poor hygiene, castration, erotic asphyxiation, self harm and mutilation, because these are the things that healthy people do to make themselves disabled, and apparently you're a faggot if you're not dysfunctional.

writing on psychedelics depends where your head is at. if you're the typical lit poster, expect "whoa dude" cringe.

you will die one day too, but that guy will enjoy his life, if you spend yours criticising and judging people you will die alone

Most hallucinogenic substances don't have negative long term effects on the brains of most people.

being a degenerate somehow makes you special, turns your death into an enlightened event surrounded with compassionate loved ones? why are you offended by someone reminding you that poor life choices are your own demise? why don't you go and smoke a cigarette you, if you care so much about being entitled to unnecessary mistakes. I never cared what people do to ruin their lives. makes me feel good to laugh at them from the side line realizing i will never do something like that to myself. it's top tier amusement, desu. death is a joke especially when people trick themselves into dying miserably. it's pure gold when people think they make their lives easier by living irresponsibly and judge others for not doing so.
it damages your brain, an organ necessary to function and complete mundane tasks. it renders you unable to do perform simple tasks you would do without thinking on a daily basis. it comes with a risk of permanent damage in those regions necessary to function. fascinating that people regard these as an enrichment to their lives. they just can't wake up to the notion how stupid this is, that they rely on intentional self harm to pretend to become a better version of themselves, while these things render you unable to pursue the real world solution to your problems. there's no argument.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Kmh4BbJPz8

you sound like a bitter spiteful teenager, just giving some advice buddy. try to not be a contrarian shit your whole life. look at this wall of text you posted online, its cringe as fuck m8

>he can't accept defeat
if you have nothing to say, don't start an argument.

you never even addressed my first comment, you just launched into this absurd polemic. nobody is impressed, buddy. this attitude belongs on /b/.

>he denies I had a counterargument in the first sentence

learn to read or get off Veeky Forums. you're the contrarian if my views offend you.

pastebin.com/pNHixySQ

One of two things I've ever written on psychedelics. Not my best or favorite, but it was fun thinking about tesseracts while tripping.

>Ha ha im such a troll, I bet youre soo mad right now

Take it back to /b/

>he acts like a child because he is unable to respond with a sound, well versed argument

is /b/ where adults go to?

I got home from a beautiful walk around Charleston at the beginning of the summer and laid down in my bed about mid-LSD trip and read Donald Barthelme's "And Now Let's Hear it for the Ed Sullivan Show" for the first time.

It was the most giddy and exciting reading experience I have ever undergone. I was literally giggling at how enthralling word by word collection of meaning through reading was, and Barthelme's play with voice and collage was so masterly done and funny. He has such a sharp ear for word choice, voice, tone, emotion, evocation of image, etc.

Spent a lot of the rest of the trip writing poems that turned out to be some of my best, one in particular is probably my stand out. Acid was all in all one of my favorite drug experiences, 10x better than the Nbome I had taken years prior and much more intellectual than mushrooms.

> the "psychedelics are the same as heroin and meth" meme

Try informing yourself before you make an argument about a subject.

Tell this to my friend who has become an enlightened vegetable who shuts down mid-sentence

>you should never be allowed to eat tasty but unhealthy food, because it means you have an eating disorder
>you should never drink alcohol, even socially, it means you're alcoholic
>if you gamble even once, you have a gambling addiction
>etc
Go castrate yourself

DUDE WE ARE ALL STONED APES LMAO

drugs, for the most part, immediately render you dysfunctional in the short term. just like all those other behaviors I mentioned, except those take longer and make no difference in moderation. the only thing you can do to negate the effects to become functional again, is to not engage in those behaviors, and not using drugs. remember some people are born defective, yet healthy specimen risk the same thing without even getting anything worthwhile in return.

its not wholly unbelievable given the ready availability of psychoactive plants to the forager. the greeks took ergot as a religious sacrament in their mysteries, and thats where we get lsd from.

yeah, i agree it is a plausible theory actually. i just like to make fun of mckenna a little (because it's so easy to do with his outlandish vocabulary and occasionally unhinged theories about timewaves).

right now i've been listening to a bunch of mckenna and a bunch of jordan peterson. they line up more than you might think. although mckenna hates christianity, both seem to interpret the garden of eden as a myth to explain the emergence of consciousness.

Why do you think doing drugs isn't worth it at all? To me it's just taking a big risk and maybe getting a big reward in return. Just like mountaineering.
> inb4 mountaineering is superior and drugs are degenerate

so let's get this out of the way that I hate on people seeking self improvement. I just don't think that can be achieved with drugs, it actually makes your situation endlessly worse. they make you less assertive, a trait that is important in emergence situations that can happen anytime. they damage your brain, an organ necessary to live life functionally. they alter your personality, which is negative by definition because there is no reason you shouldn't be who you are born as.

I used to smoke, and opiates helped me quit. I was on a ten day binge on codeine, almost getting me into a worse addiction than I ever had. I used to smoke weed. I have had shrooms. I have taken XTC. I didn't care about anything, I wanted to try coke. I don't regret all of the experiences, I regret that I have to live with permanent damage and the fact I exposed myself to risking much worse consequences. I can't decide if it was worth it because I don't know who I would have been if I never got close to drugs, because they altered my cognitive self. If you are strong enough to pretend drugs don't harm you, you are strong enough to live a live a purposeful life without them.

I felt they gave me purpose so I wrote, but reading back the stuff now forces me to see I was only confused and producing drivel.

They can be a short term, escapist solution for some people with stress related issues, but they might make it worse than you ever anticipated just as easily, and they will affect your health whether you notice it or not.

Thanks user that was interesting post, even if i don't agree with some of it. Just curious, whats
the permanent damage you have from doing them?

Just less energy and occasionally feeling like I am burnt up and experiencing other malfunctions some times. It takes long for me to wake up. though I feel I will never be able to fully recover there are excellent ways to improve, like a neat diet, exercise etc, those work, it's not rocket science that drugs do nothing for you in the long term, but proven methods like sports and education do, which is where my focus is now. but I have about as much life force as a vital 70 year old, being in my mid-twenties. I tend to take things slow. I can't really concentrate. I have coughing fits sometimes, I get short breath. I often wake up to having stopped breathing. Sometimes I just feel stupid at a level of having smoked too much weed even though I'm sober.

the worst health decline is over too. I was skinny, pale, a piece of shit really. did some stupid shit too nobody ever expects to find themselves doing. addiction is a parasite, a disease, a societal hazard. It's no miracle drugs ruin a person, it's slippery slope when you expose yourself to drugs even a little bit, because that's how it starts for every junky.

Aside from poor physical health, permanent damage, and degraded appearance, I wasn't living responsibly and reliably. I have yet to finish an education and have lost all my friends and my family ditched me (although they weren't there for me in the first place).

I've let everybody and myself down. Somehow I feel entitled to judge people who haven't made the decision to quit their drug habits, even though I am just as foolish, if not worse, and I let it come to that. I was a teenager so maybe that's why I thought I was invincible. If you're in an environment that you can ocassionally experience the joy of being high without any of the noticable consequences, then you should do so, but it exposes you to the same risks, guaranteed. I thought I had nothing to loose, because I hadn't achieved anything in my teens yet. Well fuck me silly, I lost part of myself and you can loose more.

If you stick to a strict diet and exercise regime you should be able to reverse a lot of the damage you have done. After doing a lot of amphetamines to study i had quite a bit of heart arrythmia which is gone after living very healthy for about a few months. I'd recommend supplementing with some magnesium, fish oil and vitamin D. And i don't smoke but if i remember correctly lungs clean themselves over the years after smoking. The human body is quite resilient if you treat it right. Maybe i haven't had any severe consequences since i was already an adult when i first started doing drugs. And even though i've experienced first hand that they can have negative effects, i'm still a firm believer some of them can be used responsibly if you're careful with them. I hope you'll succeed with your improvement regime, it absolutely makes a difference in my experience.

this happened because you smoked cigarettes?

garden of eden is just primal memories dude, africa was the garden of eden. enlightened man found eden, and he plundered it for labor and gold.

you're blaming a chemical for your own weakness of will, faget. stop being an emo fatalist.

Shrooms are organic space probes sent to earth by the aliens. Get woke bro.

the body is an object. treat it badly and it will decay. maintain it properly and it will be a trophy. it's simple. I did stupid shit but never went over the edge in my own eyes. the fact I am clean and over my addiction proves that. my two arguments against drugs are they will stop you from being able to be productive and they're a significant health risk. I guess as long as you respect this, nothing can go wrong.
alcohol, weed, ecstasy, codeine, cigarettes, shrooms.
>if you don't think about your problem it will cease to exist
Yeah I made it quite clear that I was using drugs out of weakness, thanks for noticing. But if you are strong enough to use drugs moderately, why are they not strong enough to not use drugs entirely? My main argument was drugs aren't worth it because life as a functional person is inspiring enough on it's own:
prove me wrong, is there any merit to drugs intellectually? I think not because being under the influence is just a result of a faltering brain. a medical condition.

>is there any merit to drugs intellectually?

increased conscientiousness, openness, empathy, relaxation etc etc
of course abusers exist, but dont assume everyone has a negative experience.

I think you need to calm down. Your desire to project your own voice and ego are preventing you from making real arguments. Instead, you are projecting your hysteric state into your words. We are not inferior subhumans. You do not need to say harmful things to us to be appreciated or to have meaning in your own life. Tone it down, there is no point to it.

When it comes to drugs, they offer different experiences and perceptions of the world. The man who synthesized LSD, Albert Hofmann was acknowledged by the Telegraph's list of the top 100 living geniuses as tied for first place. Steve Jobs believed that his use of LSD was one of the most important events in his life. When used in studies it was found to provide a very life affirming experience.

You say all of these false statements as if you had a real foundation for them. You come across as extremely unhinged. You should take some time to examine yourself and why you are saying what you are saying in the way you say it.

Regardless, I find writing or reading on psychedelics to be nearly impossible. Writing after, however, after experiencing that very different perspective and the insights it brings, that is where I think it has literary value.

>increased conscientiousness, openness, empathy, relaxation etc etc
these are attitudes that can be attained with sport, education, meditation, art, without any hazard involved no matter your amount of indulgence.
>dont assume everyone has a negative experience
now I wouldn't have gotten into drugs if they weren't any fun, would I

>this guy is a condescending hypocrite who can read my mind across the internet

thanks mister all knowing intellectual psychotherapist for your wondrous insight! you know me better than i do! I definitely care about what you say! your opinion is gives my life essence!

>people think they make their lives easier by living irresponsibly and judge others for not doing so.

This.

no he is right, people have been telling you this for the entire thread

another genius comment revealing the absolute truth!

Hey Murugan, got that internet, finally?