Brie is the best cheese in the world and not a single other cheese comes even close. Prove me wrong

Brie is the best cheese in the world and not a single other cheese comes even close. Prove me wrong.
>Inb4 cheddarfags
Cheddar is pleb cheese and you know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/12/blue-cheese.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Havarti is god tier, brie is ok.

it's literally butter

I prefer Stilton.
Wensleydale is nice as well.

Toast
Butter
Brie
Grilled bacon
Grilled tomatoes
Hp sauce

You think I won't post cos you called me out? Only the sharpest cheddar will pass my lips, that's the good shit. The kind of cheese that comes with a warning, the black and gold wrapped sinus clearing weapon cheese.

>literally
Pretty sure 13 year old, American girls shouldn't be posting here.
Go and watch the Kardashians or some such entertainment more suited to you

>posting the plebbiest soft cheese
>calls it best

>sharp
You can't get real cheddar in your country.
You are not in a position to offer an opinion.

alright wallace

brie has very little flavour and cheddar has shitloads. you could've picked so many other soft cheeses which actually have flavour. and why do you think people would post cheddar as a counterargument anyway? it sounds like your knowledge of cheese is pretty fucking limited.

Brie is fun to eat I guess, but it's a very basic and plain cheese. I think the best cheese going by taste would have to be Manchego. For cow cheeses Red Leicester is also fun and tasty. Call me a cheddar pleb for that if you want I guess.

>Not la tur

>Plot twist I love all styles of cheese if they're made well

Never tried it, looks deliciously decadent.

*blocks your path*

My man

Someone told me earlier that you can use cheese as filling for cupcakes
What would be good for that?
I'm really used to sweet things for those, so I'm not sure where to go from there.

And so it is. A luscious three way of sheep, goat, and cow milk made only from the livestock of a small Alpine village straddling Italy and France.

Cheese is a class system. Knowledge of a wide variety of cheeses is a very good indicator of having been raised in a household that participated in, aspired to, or performed the culture of the "upper middle class." Doesn't necessarily mean rich, but probably that you grew up in a relatively wealthy area at least.

Maybe like cream cheese or something. You know cream cheese frosting?

Cream cheese or mascarpone

Red Leicester is extremely underrated.
It's great in it's own right let alone as part of a cheese course. Oddly enough it's never served at any of the formal meals I've been to.

Mascarpone sounds good, that sounds like it'd be sweet enough for me.
I'll try and get some, see how that turns out.

this... You can probably find some other choices like sweetened ricotta, or soft chevre with a dessert-like pairing.

You could also go off the deep end. Roquefort pairs well with figs, melon and bacon. I've never thought of putting all four into a cupcake, but it could be done.

Jesus.......ok, I'll prove you wrong. Go deeper into the bloomy grinded cheeses and you'll find all kinds of goodies. Saint Andre, D'affinios, Brillat Savarin, Mt. Tam, Camembert, Chaource, and more. Brie may be the most popular bloomy rind cheese, but it's not the best.

*bloomy rinded* cheese. Fuck you autocorrect.

I have had it on cheese boards at hipster restaurants and the like. As you say it's fun to eat in that context because the taste, texture, and color are pretty different from the other suitably "fancy" cheeses they usually include. I love how the texture can be almost "crunchy"; that's the salt right? (If you haven't had it, maybe "crunchy" sounds gross as a way to describe cheese, but it's not what you're thinking.)

You're right about it being underrated, and could always be a great part of a cheese course. I think people overlook it because they think it's just expensive cheddar or something like that, but it has it's own special flavor and designation.

Probably calcium lactate

It's not salt, it's protein crytals, well, calcium lactate crystals. It comes from the aging process.

Also in the way it ages and the fat and protein separate.

A lot of aged, lower moisture cheeses will sort of crystallize.

Also a big fan of raclette. I can't seem to stop referring to cheeses as "fun," but this one is actually fun to cook and eat.

Or tyrosine if it's parm or Swiss type.

It's hard to get a good Red Leicester. It's so easily rubbery & tasteless. Same deal applies to Double Gloucester.

I can't stand it when they put chives in Double Gloucester.
Completely ruins it.

This made me cum

I know right? It's reducing the amount of Gloucester it is by dilution.
It's like...One And A Half Gloucester.
Fuck that shit, I want my whole two Gloucesters

>Double Gloucester

Nowt wrong with a Double Gloucester my gun totin' cousin.

Perhaps you prefer your Gloucesters single?

Talagani master race, reporting for duty.

Mmm get one that's literally about to expire on the shelf and it bursts at the seems with ooey gooey runny goodness.

What's a good brand for brie cheese?

>here’s my opinion on something that doesn’t exist in my country.
:)

>doesn’t exist in my country
I'm English you daft prick.
You can tell because I'm having to listen to music so I can hear myself think over the fucking constant explosions outside my window from people celebrating a holiday where Parliament didn't get blown up one day fucking late.

Halloumi to disprove you, friend

>Piccolo's in your path

holy shit guys it's just cheese.

Get the fuck out of here

This. FUCKING REEEE

>whinging about guy fawkes night
You’re no true Englishman

No TRUE Scotsman would judge a man based on his Anglitude.

Guy Fawkes night was yesterday.

It was fine yesterday, if somewhat annoying because around here the fucking bellends have no idea how to safely use that shit.

You should go to Poland at New Years. I was walking around Warsaw on nyd and there were drunk guys on their own throwing rockets around at eleven in the morning.

>He didn't spend his teenage years blowing shit up with air bombs

lad

Exactly the same happened to me in Prague.

Edam

>looks and tastes like mucus
How can anyone think brie is godtier when bleu cheese exists? Call me a pleb but that shit is gods food.

I've never had it. The mold freaks me out, I do like Blue Cheese though. I just read about Brie de melun which is super fermented Brie that uses lactic acid. It has a little red tint from other molds growing on it. It's weird but I'd try it, next time we have regular Brie at work I'll give it a shot.

brie is banned in China since september :C

Edam is an interesting cheese because it's made backwards.

>bleu cheese
>bleu
Are you French or have you had a stroke?

God, Dutch cheese is so fucking boring. It's just and endless parade of pale yellow balls of nothingness. Even the oud (extra mature) stuff is boring and tasteless. AND IT'S ALL YOU CAN FUCKING BUY IN THE NETHERLANDS.

>bleu
Not baiting but why do people do this?
Blue cheese didn't even originate in France.

I'm sorry your pallet isn't refined enough to enjoy it

So by it from Hong Kong

>pallet
Retard.

Cretin

What if I am French, you pig.

Careful, you've upset a frog! He might surrender at us!

Keep telling yourself that.
If it wasn't for us America would still be under British rule.

>why do people do this?

Americans.

It's palate you mouthbreathing retard.

It’s got to be because it was on the packaging for their ridiculous cheese crumbles.

Are you implying that Americans are easily led, ill-educated sheep who believe everything advertisers tell them?
Surely not?

>cheddar is a pleb cheese
True. Only people that swear by it are Americans raised on cheese-its and goldfish.

Brie is pretty good

That's true. We Americans h ave a long history of friendship with the French, and I'd like to see us renew that. Lady Liberty is after all a gift from them, as has been all the help in a majority of our important wars. I don't understand this new generation of dislike, when we have so much in common. We should be close allies. Vive la France and God Bless America. Anyway, as an American, I welcome my French compatriots.

Goddamn eternal Anglo drove a wedge in our friendship so they could continue their crypto empire and world domination with the post world war 2 financial domination of the continent and former colonies

>hasn’t had real cheddar

Fuck the PETAphiles, the French have the right idea. Stick a funnel down that goddamn goose's neck, foie gras is delicious on its own, or as a topping. Duck fat fries? You're fucking right I'll have some duck fat fries.

Hell yes. Agreed. The French know how to eat.

That is quite true, too. I don't want to completely trash our relationship with Britain, because it has it's own significance, but they do drive wedges between other countries relationships sometimes, even when it seems like it's for a good cause.

I was gonna mouth off about how "bleu cheese" is a very common and perfectly acceptable spelling, but apparently I'm totally wrong and have been under the wrong impression this entire time.
>grammarphobia.com/blog/2013/12/blue-cheese.html
I guess I just thought that nobody would stupidly misspell "blue" as "bleu" unless they were trying to say it in French, so I thought it must have been a French cheese. Since I knew that "bleu" is correct in French, it was easy to dunning-kruger myself into believing that people who spelled it "blue" were making an obvious mistake because they weren't aware of the French spelling. That's probably why a lot of people who think they know things think it's supposed to be spelled the French way.

The founding fathers we're worried more about the infiltration of British power into the American upper class than any other single threat and by the end of the 19th century they'd done just that. Our upper class habitually married in to their aristocracy and our financial system has been shaped by London for over a century now.

Oh, I'm well aware. I minored in history in uni. We dug ourselves a trench right back to the place we were so desperate to be free from.

Yeah fuck England then. Them and their politics are a bunch of divisive motherfuckers. How come we have to fight all the wars in their former colonies? Where the fuck is Tommy maintaining all this shit in the middle East? Of all the countries who deserve a vast influx of Muslim migration it's them and they cut and run on the e.u. they're selfish, backstabbing cunts.

Go back to /pol/ you wannabes

It's partially the fault of the industrial revolution. All the "barons" of the American industrial revolution were desperate to uplift themselves, and would go shop their daughters in Britian during what they called the "season" , which was basically high society mating time, with balls, parties, teas, etc. Undereducated but newly rich American entrepreneurs wanted to marry old money and title, without having to learn new languages basically. That sounds awful, but it's true. And, at the time, the British high class needed an influx of new money to keep their estates afloat because of the excess of Victorian lifestyle. So it was a mutually advantageous situation.

This isn't a poltard thread, we're discussing actual historical relevance. I don't know what you're all mad about.

Yeah I'm not trying to have a Hitler: great or greatest man of all time? Conversation
More like the aristocrats sucked the money from our foolhardy barons and the American nation state and people got a splintery wooden dildo shoved up their ass

>an overpriced piece of dairy rubber that has to be burned to be edible
why is this meme still around?

You’re playing an incoherent game of exquisite corpse with extremely vague and fragmented ideas about history so you can jerk off over the resulting narrative. Can’t think of anything more \pol\ than that.

Well, that's a shortened version of it, lol.

>\pol\
Hahahaha retard

Put the bottle down, child. Either type something relevant or go find another thread. Nothing I said was vague. And, it's all historically accurate. If you expect me to write out an encyclopedic post, you're on the wrong website.

There are no factual elements in your posts, I don’t see how they could be considered ‘accurate’.

And which posts do you think are mine?

It doesn’t matter whose is whose, they’re all just wishy washy ruminations with no real factual statements in them.

>Could you site that for me plz?
Did you fail history kid?