Does Veeky Forums fast?

Does Veeky Forums fast?

Eating one meal a day makes life so much easier and you feel better as well.

>do I fast

Yes, in my sleep.

I like to break that fast with a mound of carbs, usually biali or bagels with schmeer.

Yeah, while waiting for my pizza to arrive

I eat several small meals throughout the day. I try to never stuff myself and sometimes I'll have something to drink instead of food.

NOOOOOO

Sounds like a perpetual dissatisfying cocktease desu. Fast and feast feels much nicer.

I'm sure when you are a neet who moves maybe 80 feet per day barely eating will make you feel better.

I plan to fast after eating a massive ribeye from earlier. Shit was so cash but I'm about to die.

I actually started about a month ago for weight loss. Eight hour eating window, so I skip breakfast. Down to 2 meals a day, lately I've been able to do just one.
I've found it to be easy, hunger really comes and goes in waves, and you'll get used to it. I've eaten 2 slices of pizza once and felt very very full.

The vast majority of people live sedentary lifestyles these days. Office workers are more fucked than NEETs in this regard.

Also, eating with intervals does not mean eating small amounts.

Probably not as healthy though. I keep my fuel tank always with something in it. Your body probably is confused as to when you are going to feed it. I bet that over time will fuck up your metabolism.

It's actually the other way around. Fasting has health benefits and regularly going without food is what our bodies were evolved to do.

This, I work a physically demanding job, and if I don't get a big breakfast I will literally collapse before lunch time.

Then I wolf down my lunch like a concentration camp victim.

Then when I get home my appetite is ravenous again.

>regularly going without food is what our bodies were evolved to do.
then why stomach feel bad when not eat??

Yes i only eat a small dinner and maybe a small bit of protein during the day if I get hunger pangs
Mostly so I don't have to shit at work

Because in our evolutionary environment it was a useful incentive to make us gorge ourselves whenever we had the possibility.

The problem is that nowadays we can eat 24/7 so our own evolutionary traits can work against us and make us fat fucks. When we artificially add in the periods of no food again we can become healthier.

Besides, you get used to a bit of hunger and an empty stomach after a while and it becomes easier to deal with. It can even become pleasant to feel nice and light and swift on your feet with a lot of clarity and energy.

>people in the past were healthier because they ate less
>life expectancy of 35

>>life expectancy of 35
That's misleading data. Average life expectancy is around that age because of high child mortality, for reasons other than diet. When hunter-gatherers make it past the dangers of early childhood they can live into their 70s and 80s just like us, but do so in greater health.

>swift on your feet with a lot of clarity and energy.

It certainly can't be a bad thing to occasionally be hungry since it puts us on full alert to be able to have a better chance of killing animals in the wild from a biological adaptation pov. I occasionally skip food for a day and definitely feel more alert and almost hyper energetic, the reverse of what one would think should happen.

Yeah it feels good, it's peak get shit done mode that people rarely enter if they're digesting food 24/7.

I just never get so full I cant move

Digesting requires a lot of your energy even if you don't eat until you're stuffed.

i'm currently on a water fast, I haven't eaten in 36 days, I have been supplementing with multivitamins and electrolytes and pretty much feel normal.

I started out at 262lb and i'm currently 207lb, i really miss chicken.

So did the fast/water fast meme come from here or Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums and its not really a meme, there's plenty of studies that have been done into water fasting/intermittent fasting/alternate day fasting.

water fasting is not a meme m8

Good job on the weight loss desu

please teach me your method, I'm thinking about doing this but I don't want to die. Also not sure if I have the willpower.
Last time I got weighed I was 270~ish I think? I've lost a little weight since then but not much.

GOTTA

Very impressive. What’s your goal and when are you going to eat again?

For a while, I used to fast for the entirety of Monday but I had to stop because it was impossible to fast AND work my very active job at the same time

Is this safe, provided you get what you need from multivitamins and such? 320lbs and I need to drop at least 40lbs to be able to exercise without fucking my joints.