Tips for a horror short story?

I'm writing a short horror story about Vampires in rural America.
The feral non-human type of vampire, not the cliche angsty fanger vampires littered in today's media.

Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

make sure you accurately depict his accent in dialog. Like

"Hey mufucker! I'm'bout shove these damn ol' fangs right up you's ballsack, suck the shit-eatin' life right out your shit! I ain't playin' round here asswipe!"

Looks a the mockumentaries of Finding Bigfoot, have the vampires contempt if they should feed on these humans since they come across like crazy persons.

Okay I was poo-posting from phone, let me clarify my get, on my laptop:

>Bigfoot hunters come by, do the crazy calls, smack trees with wood, whistles the whole thingamaging.
>Vampires contemplate if they should feed on them because they've seen some crazy humans and had slightly bad/weir experiences with them
examples: Very drunk moonshiner -> hangover
Meth-junkie -> vampire infighting
Heroine addicts ect.
Paranoid pothead who stuffed a pound of weed up his arse to because he thought they were police
>>The vampires feast usually on the whole human, including flesh eating, anus eating ect.
>Though they are not as 'smart' as high IQ humans they can read (old as fuck, lots of time ect.)
>Oldest one warns them just when they are about to strike with a encyclopedia storie/article about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease) or more accurately en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease or just Rabies.

They conclude that these humans are most certainly outcast by society because they ate other humans and went mad.
>Hunt them down and set them on fire, to preserve their livestock and they don't want to get they blood on them

Why would vampires be in rural America?

have them take their victims to underground caves or old abandoned mines where they keep humans like livestock. They get bled on a regular but survivable basis for years and the captives breed and have children. Generations are enslaved. Every now and then, they have a feast and butcher one of their livestock.

hmmmmm.... interesting concept. i too am sick and tired of cliched old white men turning into vampire to rape and kill women. its a typical power fantasy for me and is super icky.

maybe think about writing a story about african vampyres colonising and destorying the lands of the natives. its like symobloism *(duh) for white mans ability to suck the blood from africa and set its civilation back centuries to fulfil there petty white nosense power fantasy!!!

so yeah you could have like some WoCs fighting these disgusting horny old white vampyres with guns, then vant hels'ingo who is also a WoC will come and kill them once and for all with her advanced steam punk weaponry and bl;ack magycs. in the end she will reach count vanillas castle and chop his head off and feed his b*alls too him and say "i am not your negro"" although id avoid using a word like that if you are not PoC yourself!!!

holler at me if you ever write this cus id love to share it on my twitter. i know some gurls whod love to read sometihng like that.

Make them repressed conservative rednecks that like to bite the homersexials.

Just write a horror short story where the vampires only feed on humans for survival, which presents an interesting moral dilemma. Make the readers feel scared of them, but have them feel some compassion. Monster stories where things are evil just for evils sake get old really quickly.

Sounds like "I Am Legend: Gone Country"

>This

Do it user, this nigga got me interested

waste of digits

I was already planning on it.
Good fucking God.

I like that idea a lot, actually.

Good horror embodies actual fears of people and psychological defects. Read some Carl Jung and make the vampires embody the Shadow/Animus/Anima or make them represent fear like The VVitch, existential crisis like It Follows, grief like the Babadook, Anima like The Ring, fate like Signs, etc.

cirque du freak did this, read it in jr high

I've been reading Robert Shearman's stories lately. They're not really 'horror' (as in, they're not genre fiction) but they are super disturbing.

Have your protagonist kill the Lunar Princess.

rip off of that anime man, owari no seraph....
livestock is old waters man
have them be some beasts that feed once every 30-40 years or something, and there are strange rumors about but nothing you can pinpoint to and then.........

naw yuck, ruthlessness only it's horror you idiot not kiddie horror

Fuck this cringe ass piece of shit thread. Why are all you fuckers playing around with the shitty bait?

It isn't bait retard.

What a fucking waste. Kys.

Horrible

Sad!