Cast Iron Questions

1. How do you clean a skillet that hasn't been used for awhile and is sticky and dusty on the outside?

2. After you rinse it out after cooking are you supposed to oil the entire thing, even the handle?

3. How do you store cast iron? considering the entire thing now has a thin layer of oil on it that could transfer onto things.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/the-health-hazards-of-cast-iron-pans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1. How do you clean a skillet that hasn't been used for awhile and is sticky and dusty on the outside?
Soap, hot water, and as steel scrubbing brush.

>2. After you rinse it out after cooking are you supposed to oil the entire thing, even the handle?
Yup.

>3. How do you store cast iron? considering the entire thing now has a thin layer of oil on it that could transfer onto things.
Either in the oven (you can even leave it in there while the oven is on), or hang it up.

Hot soapy water and maybe some scrubbing

Low heat try Crisco to reseason it oil at least the whole inside of it

Store it by itself either hanging up, in the oven or maybe that drawer under some ovens.

Http://www.lodgemfg.com

Go to "use and care" page

Wouldn't recommend Crisco, lard or bacon grease as a seasoning unless you will use the pan almost every day. It tends to get a little rancid.

Safflower oil works well.

Once seasoned, the coating is baked on and not oily. Oil literally plasticizes when treated properly.

Hanging the pan is probably the best option though.

>steel scrubbing brush
Forgot all about those. Thanks, it's perfect now.

that uhh.. is an amazing cat

Fak u

No really though don't throw that shit away. Cast iron is the superior cookware.

But really how can you not use it almost every day?

you need to re-season the pan if you used a steel scrub on it (oil it and bake it at high heat, there's lots of guides online)

Soup for days.

>plasticizes

it polymerizes retard

what do you think plastic is made out of?

cast iron may be tolerated when frying beef ..apart of beef, cast iron belongs in the museum next to Roman led pipes

What's wrong with it?

>he doesn't do starches in cast iron
pleb

did the romans have RGB led pipes?

I make fried chicken in mine and then take some milk and make some damn unhealthy (but oh so delicious ) gravy.

lead*

thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/the-health-hazards-of-cast-iron-pans/

instantly dropped
traditional medicine pseudoscience bullshit kills so many people each year

nothing. that dude is a faggot. here's muh cast arn after making an omelet

here's muh cast arn after wiping it with a paper towel after it sat all day

>after it sat all day
lazy fuck

you logic funny
what makes you think i wasn't working in the garage or in the yard all day?

that's the dumbest fucken thing i've ever read