The bible is painfully average

This isn't a statement on the existence of god or whatever. You assholes keep believing whatever the fuck you want to believe in.

but stop putting it in the top 100. It's just a religious text amongst many with nothing setting it apart.

>but muh influence

Who gives a shit. Just because a book is influential it doesn't make it any better. Specially since this is a religious text.

You fucks just need to realize that there are at least hundreds of books that are far better written and more worthy of recognition from a literary stand-point.

Also shame on whoever put Shakespeare so high up there.

>t. pseud

unironically kys

Reusing the same pretext for your faked list again? You could at least come up with a new one. Remember that sage works, folks.

Sage.

The last thread about this list got deleted. This one will too. Everyone knows this list is fake.

It's not on that list because it's influential, it's on that list because it's actually a good book.

Doesn't change the fact that the Bible is rising every year in the rankings.

It's not top 100 material, let alone top 10.

>that list
>only 8 books are French (which is fair enough)
>among them: Maupassant and Julien Gracq

O rly? Who unironically thinks Gracq and Maupassant are among the top 8 French writers, and more important than Voltaire or Victor Hugo?

that is just not true

No, victor Hugo is a melodramatic fucking hack, and Voltaire was a massive edgelord.

This is the best top 100 lit has ever produced, for once it isn't just the absolute basics you'd read in school.

>Who unironically thinks Gracq and Maupassant are among the top 8 French writers
The person who made up that list and is baiting you dolts into bumping his thread before it gets trashed

First this list is fake.

Second
> isn't just the absolute basics you'd read in school
>Shakespeare #2
pick one

Third
>This is the best top 100 lit has ever produced

No, tons of shit are overrated and underrated. Like Bible shouldn't be #2 and where the fuck is lolita?

I am genuinely ashamed to be posting on the same board as you people. I really don't understand why you guys just don't post on reddit instead. There's literally nothing setting you apart from them.

>discord shill replies to his own bait
low

>I am genuinely ashamed to be posting on the same board as you people

I don't care about you or your opinion.

if it's so bad why is it called "the good book"

haha

Checkmate atheists.

Close the thread we are done here lads

haha

If it really was unironical, you'd probably be able to come up with a better retort than 'kill yourself'. I can hardly imagine somebody being socially inept enough to answer with 'kill yourself' in real life when somebody makes a point that he/she doesn't like. At least, try.

a lot of cool new names in here

Pretty cool chart. I got a lot more stuff i can read now. I was bored with the same old same old.

When was the voting done OP? I missed it.

From my understanding the list is fake.

>no Dhalgren

FAKE LIST. SAD!

It's completely made up but if you got some recs from it hey

kek