Fetuchi

Is this the worst shape for pasta?
If not what is?

I fucked up that subject line something fierce
fettuccine

elbows.

fuck elbows.

Not sure what it's called but I bought this long, hollow pasta once and it was awful. Too thick to be able to twirl, you had to cut it into small pieces to eat, but it wasn't easily forkable like penne. I got so frustrated that I just threw my fork away and used my hands, shoving into my mouth .

You're scum if you don't enjoy fettuccine. Especially with lemon and garlic sauce.

rigatoni.

yeah, rigatoni is objectively the absolute worst shape of pasta

This shit.

>needing a spoon to eat pasta
fuck off.

Bucatini? Yeah I have no idea what the point of that shape is.

I have to agree with this user. I don't dislike it but it's far at the bottom of my list. Truly only worth putting in soups

That sounds terrible.

Good in kasha varnishkes

Angel hair is the fuckn worst,
Just a really really shitty version of spag

That's the best shape of pasta you swine.

Couscous

not a fan of orecchiette

right after my parents' divorce my dad made this with butter and seasoned salt at least 50% of the time I was over at his apartment

Angel hair is completely irredeemable garbage. Its production and sale should honestly be criminalized.

Angel hair is literally the best pasta for pesto sauce. Not my fault you plebs dont like pesto.

Fuck off. Fetuccine is the finest of pastas

angel hair is fine in red sauce.

cream based sauce? no fuckin way, it's too delicate. IT'S TOO DELICATE TO HANDLE THE SAUCE WHEN IT COOLS DOWN AND CONGEALS A LITTLE BIT, MAN!

Pesto is wonderful, which is why I would never disrespect it by combining it with the culinary tragedy that is angel hair.

The pasta industry is a fucking racket. It's idiotic to think that some designs are more expensive that others just because they have different dyes. The concept of pasta itself is fucking stupid: compressed, wet, unleavened bread. Just put the ingredients you would on pasta, on bread. I hereby declare this day as pasta hate day. Remember the sixth of November.

pesto is too tacky for angel hair.

again: red or oil based sauce is fine with angel hair

is it possible for somebody to be this assblasted about pasta? surely there is no way..

pesto can be oil based, its not always a cream sauce

Cream pesto? The hell you talkin about, boy?

Long pasta is shit for pesto, especially angel hair. Fussili is the best.

i know what fucking pesto is

lol it's still way too tacky for babby size noodles. it's like chunked up basil pine nuts and garlic, the angelhair never stood a chance against a sauce like that

What. The. Fuck.....

this

/thread

dis nigga knows what's good

Wow. You re really fucking stupid.

>very ends ALWAYS overcook into fucking mush
>very center is ALWAYS fookin raw
>"b-b-but is looks like a bowtie xD"

FUCK farfalle

You clearly don't know anything

>I am unable to cook pasta properly
>How do people do it?

Just because you can't properly cook pasta and match it with compatible ingredients doesn't make it bad, it makes YOU bad. At cooking. You're a shitty cook.

It's not the worst but regular spaghetti is the most overrated. So many better choices for every kind of sauce.

i like pesto, get off my fucking back user.

it's just not good with angel hair. pick a more appropriate noodle such as farfalle, penne, or pappardelle

spaghetti is the standard by which all other pastas are measured. it's neutral; everybody gets down with sketti.

I only eat it with meatballs for the nostalgia factor. Any other pasta dish, there's a better choice.

Fantastic argument, faggotron. Go fuck yourself in the ass with a 5-inch thick spagghetto.

Spaghetti has a delicious and unique texture though. There's nothing like biting into a dozen or so I perfectly al dente spaghetti strands wrapped into a tight little bundle around your fork. Even more delicious with a thin, oily sauce like aglio e olio.

You mean best?

Worst pasta shape coming through.
These are pretty shit too.

angel's hair

>How can you possibly believe this?!?

Ditalini only belongs in soup, so you should be eating it with a spoon. Try that shit with Tuscan white bean soup with sausage.

I don't like angel hair. It doesn't get al dente in the same way other pastas do.

Spongebob and other cartoon shaped pasta is the worst.

This also it doesn't hold any sauces well. Angel hair is for faggits.

I feel like every time I've tried to make angel hair + pesto I end up with a pile of garlic after I finish eating. Now I pretty much only put pesto on noodles that can "grab" stuff like anything hollow or with ridges.

Angel hair is fucking great though, I can eat that shit by the pound.

wtf i hate spongebob pasta now

Fuck I forgot about this stuff. I might go down and buy some.

That's great.

Is there something else about the 6th of november you are referencing?

I never really grew up with spaghetti and mestballs. We had it with minced meat instead.

I kind of like how it catches stuff in the center.

Is that spongebob?

Worst
>Penne
>Linguine

Best
>Pappardelle
>Rigatoni
>Angel hair

spirelli is the best

Did you call it spag bol, by chance? Nothing wrong with a nice bowl of old-fashioned spag bol tbhwyf.

fagliotelli is the worst shape.

You must be a fucking wizard if you can make different parts of the pasta cook at different rates. Any pasta that isn't evenly shaped will not cook properly, some people just don't care but some people notice that either the center is always underdone or the edges are overdone. Same thing happens with some ravioli because of the edges being two layers stuck together.

That's the Hawaiian Cursed Idol from that Eight is Enough episode.

My family serves chickpeas with this pasta shape, it's the only thing it's really good for I think. I wouldn't eat it on its own.

This is the best pasta shape for mac and cheese. It holds more cheese sauce than the majority of other shapes.

You could just do shells if you want maximum cheese capacity.

Why does everyone forget about Brotini?

Not huge fan of rigatoni myself

>new Veeky Forums pasta

I like them too, but the texture seems better with the rotelle. More tender I guess. Sometimes shells get stuck inside each other and you get some without much sauce.

>It's idiotic to think that some designs are more expensive that others just because they have different dyes
It would take more time to press out thinner shapes, and cost more money to make complex dyes. Also has to do with customer demand.

I don’t like the shells. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

We have a winner.

You mean the Brady bunch newfag

Penne is the worst? fuck no stop the bs... it cooks well, holds sauce and can be used with plenty of recipes and meats

I played Scrabble with Alphagetti once. The coffee table ended up looking like a birthing suite.

That's actually an interesting idea with the rotelle. It seems like such a meme pasta that I basically never use it, but I'm gonna try it now. Do you do baked mac n cheese or stovetop?

Yes, I knew I fucked that up. Thanks.

I don't like penne with tomato sauce, so maybe that's why other people say they don't like it. But for some reason it goes great with cream sauces.

>It seems like such a meme pasta that I basically never use it
I've thought something similar before, that people assume it's an immature shape for kids for some reason so they don't want to try it, and maybe that's why I can't find it so easily now.

>Do you do baked mac n cheese or stovetop?
I do both, just depends on what I'm in the mood for and how much time I have. Works good both ways though.

Same, user. I sometimes make it to try and relive those days

>Fat free vegan dot com

Aka

Mental illness leads to malnutrition dot com

You would need to be psychotic to use curly parsley as a garnish for pasta.

the garnish is the absolute least of that plate of pasta's worries.. the parsley is the only edible thing in the picture.

Rigatoni is the best, fuckoff

It's fun though.

Good question
>watermark
Why would you save that.

Are you on drugs? It's literally the best shape for sauces.

canneloni- they're supposed to be stuffed with meat and cheese

absolute philistine

Fusilli? I don't like this shape either but some people love it

The only reason fettuccine exists is that it was the easiest one to make. Literally roll it out, cut into strips. No extruder needed, this is basically bronze age technology.
Its simply a legacy product from pre-1800s. It is completely obsolete, but Italians are stubborn as fuck and refuse to change and evolve with the times. Lets just call this more of an Italian personality flaw.

angel hair is by some distance the worst pasta ive ever had

Fuck you

>left hand helicies

enjoy your mutagenic cancer

Yep, I had Bucatini once too. They threw sauce all over my table the first time I tried to wrap them around my fork like Spaghetti. To hell with those fuckers