Got this at the farmer's market today, cause a giant head of it was $3. any tips on what to make with it?

got this at the farmer's market today, cause a giant head of it was $3. any tips on what to make with it?

It's cauliflower
It's very pretty cauliflower, but at the end of the day it's still just cauliflower

i was gonna object until i realized that you're pretty much right.. different texture, same taste. cooler fractal paintjob.

damn i wish i lived in a legal state... all that would cost me like $400

Crumble it up in your bathtub and start crying uncontrollably.

makes sense, was thinking about sautéing it with some pancetta and onions and crushed fresh tomatoes

Use a sieve to get the resins out. Throw out the resins, put the fractals in the oven at 550F for 20min. Fly through space with meeeEEE!

DUDE

How can you even prepare let alone eat something with an infinite surface?

it's asparagus, dumbass.

even if it's out of season it's still pretty cheap

i assume that when i eat it, i'll see the face of god

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

look i'm not familiar with names of all the wacky strains you kids smoke nowadays

OP here, obligatory image.

How the fuck can you get that much weed for 3$?

I genuinely wrote an essay about how this vegetable disturbed me for a college application 8 years ago, and I got in.

elaborate, please

What's to elaborate on?
The kinds of people that review college applications are bored OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS.

A giggle is worth more than a million years of community service.

I wrote about how the creepy fractal shape is derived from the Fibonacci sequence, which is itself creepy and probably used by space aliens. I said I didn't like how this bizarre fibonacci spiral stuff was appearing in grocery store bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower, and that it was probably an alien intelligence integrating itself in our food supply covertly.

I probably would have gotten in regardless of what I wrote. I hope my writing was at least a bit funny though.

i swear to god, i've experienced this exact thread before like 6 months ago, wtf

You're traveling forwards through time.

actually, it's broccoflower

it's whatever i want it to be you son of a bitch

did you apply to a school for other autism folk?

Don't rice, mash it, or soupify it like cauliflower. Roast it or dice it in 1 inch pieces to preserve the shape.

lol getting romanesco to make a puree..

you know there are people out there who do it

true

oh man, i bet the fucking loved that

fwiw, i cut it into florets and roasted it with pancetta, onions, garlic cloves, and grape tomatoes. it was delicious.

romanesco soup is definitely a thing, unfortunately

I like mine roasted with garlic salt.

>Autism

what does this make?

he's not autistic, you're just a fool. romanesco is way pricier than broccoli or cauliflower and tastes pretty much the same as cauliflower (but kinda like broccoli). only reasonm romanesco is cool is cause of the fractals

>550 for 20min

burnt broccoflower is what it makes

OP here. this shit is delicious broken into florets and roasted with onions, garlic cloves, and heirloom grape tomatoes (sadly, probably the last good tomatoes i'll get at the farmer's market this season), tossed with olive oil, s&p, and chili flakes. i grated some fresh pecorino romano on top.

it has the texture of cauliflower and the flavor of broccoli. i'll definitely get it again.

I got a bunch for free Saturday at my farmer's market. I do whatever I want with it.

lol