Tell me about your last cooking fuckup

Tell me about your last cooking fuckup.

I just turned the wrong burner on and burnt off my seasoning

i tried to steam a frozen tamale the other day but i forgot about it and just ruined my thrift store enameled iron pan

i fucked up the proportions on my dumpling dough and wound up with globs of cooked dough that never really cooked, they just became rubber

Got home drunk as fuck, boiled water for spaghetti, passed out
Not sure what exactly I did to the copper pot I was using, but its covered in nasty black streaks that won't clean off.

>tried to turn on oven
>turned on stove burners by mistake
>plastic bowl was sitting on the burner
>melted plastic bowl

I'm a retard pls help

Not my last one but one time I mistook the powdered sugar for the flour and tried to knead some pizza dough from the store in it. What a sticky fucking mess.

>be Dino tendies
>explode bottom out of glass bowl
rip

>left my pan on high
>went and got distracted on my computer
>smoke alarm goes off
>kitchen full of smoke so i throw open the window and dump the pan under water
>come back 10 minutes later and my cat is playing outside on the window sill 10 stories up

I learnt many valuable lessons that day.

Did you warp your pan?

I left the burner on between off and lite high accidentally and if anyone has done the same it just spews gas and I almost died yeah

Thought a cutting board was a cookie sheet and tried to cook pizza on it in the oven

>cat on window sill
same thing happened to me but in the bedroom 3 stories up.
opened window, went to toilet, closed window and went out for an hour or two.

came back and opened the window and had my feckin cat come in.
poor thing must have been terrified.

gas is so great fuck electric hurrdurr

Got my dick stuck in the ceiling fan

I've done that with a steel pot, if you soak it in white wine vinegar you can usually get some of that shit off, not sure about copper though. It might be easier to just get a new one.

LOL

Bought one of those plastic steamer inserts for a frying pan. Tried steaming veggies, did not keep an eye on the water level, ended up with a pan full of broccoli in melted plastic sauce and an apartment full of probably toxic smoke.

Tried making caramel. Didn't work

Same thing happened to me but it was just the wrong burner. I was wondering why the pan wasn't hot until I saw the package of croissants melting.

first time? Welcome to club. Keep trying; it's an art.

>big steak searing in "ripping hot cast iron"
>transfer to oven for medium well
>reach in to take out of oven
>no oven mitt or towel
>put ice on burned hand (big mistake)
>most painful evening of my life