People who don't eat sauerkraut and polish sausage on a weekly based should be rounded up and thrown into the middle of...

People who don't eat sauerkraut and polish sausage on a weekly based should be rounded up and thrown into the middle of the ocean. Prove me wrong

yous a bottom bitch, bitch.

I've come to realize that Germans were simply killing everyone with shit taste

looks good, would eat. HOWEVER I cook 1 or 2 meals a week in large enough batches have left overs all week. so eating that weekly would mean eating it daily.

Even better. Shit's delicious and sauerkraut is very healthy for you. The only issue is that the sudden shock of kraut might make you a bit gassy

The fuck are you saying OP? If everyone started doing that the price of sauerkraut and polish sausage would quintuple and then only the hipsters would be eating it and they would come up with dumb meme shit like sauerkraut in a sausage casing served with some chives and a bit of microgreens for $200 and then you would never eat it again.

Use your head next time.

My dangerously high IQ is telling me to post 2011 sauerkraut memes now

Nerd

What did u say

What did

Did u say

W What did

I've never been more scared of an image in my entire life

no, just people who dont WANT to eat it every week. ive had it in alsace, france. oh my god. maybe i need to make some RIGHT NOW

Go the fuck back to plebit. Seriously.

What kind of sausage should be used?

I've found that only really happens when you don't wash the brine out enough. I rinse and leave mine dripdraining for a good couple minutes while I get the other veggies cut up.

I ain't OP but I'll tell you right off the bat that $4 foster's farm shit you get at the grocery store is nothing more than an overglorified wiener. Go find a deli or hell even a euroshop and get some real sausages, and if you're cooking it with saurkraut you should splurge for high quality pork sausage.

Polish kielsaba
Wurst
Lard

Try Bigos, my friend. German Sauerkraut with a rang of polish sausages and meats in a pot slowly cooked till the heaven melts on your tongue.

Add a couple slices of fresh brown bread and cold butter and you get a taste of paradise.

BUT: Never buy thsoe ready made, they will taste like shit due to tasteless sausages and too few spices. It's really easy to make at home.

I only tried sauerkraut once when I was around 13 and I hated it, it's been ten years is it worth trying again

Yes, I hated mushrooms as a kid and know it's one of my favorite foods. Tastenbuds change due to different nourishment requirements.

You probably just ate it in a bad recipe. Try it with something else, like OP said. It's taste really needs something meaty to not be too sour.

Fry slices smoked sausages, add Sauerkraut for a souple minutes, add some creme and paprika and eat it with some buttered bread. Easy, cheap and tasty.

I fucking love sauerkraut but it gives me diarrhea, sometimes i eat tons of it knowing i will die in the bathroom later FML anybody else have this problem? if so how fix!?

I eat kraut with hotdogs on a weekly basis, can I just be thrown in a lake?

Well, let's see. Roast on Sunday, leftovers on Monday, Meat-free Tuesday, casserole WEdnesday, Paella Thursday, Fish Friday, Eat out Saturday. Sorry, don't have space for your shitty processed meats with basic vegetables.

You don't, buddy

Yeah, me too. It's my guilty pleasure. I eat it when I know I will not see a single soul for the next 24h and spray paint my bedroom afterwards. Worth it.

I should make my own sauerkraut, because every store bought brand I tried only tastes horribly like vinegar

>used to live next to a polish supermarket
>get amazing polish sausages and sauerkraut on weekly basis along with their freshly baked bread

KILL ME I WANT TO GO BACK

holy fuck i miss German food

Sauerkraut and Noodles are superior in every way.

Explain.

51 years old and I've never tasted sauerkraut.

Explain how? How it's superior or how it's made?

Love kraut. I used to buy the bags or cans of Snowfloss kraut and thought it was good then I found out my grandma canned it and been getting it off her ever since. Recently I was in the dollar store and seen clover valley kraut in a can for 85 cents and it's not bad if you run out of the good stuff. Good meal of kraut with sausage and a nice baked potato.

Hitler already did that.

you should try it, with mashed potatoes on the side

Both? Or at least the recipe.

Can we add tripe to the mix?

>get a hotdog with sauerkraut
>acquantance from school asks what it is
>tell him to try a little bit
>he takes a bit of it and makes the worst face possible
>literally spits it into his hand and throws it on the floor of the store
I didn't even know how to react.

>giving your food to some acquantances
this is on you

Oh, the recipe is easy.
> drain sauerkraut well
>in a large pan, cook several pieces of bacon until crisp, remove from pan.
>in the bacon fat, saute some chopped onion until soft and just beginning to color.
>in a separate pan, toast some fresh breadcrumbs in butter until golden and crispy.
>add the sauerkraut to the onion and saute until the sauerkraut starts to get some color to it as well. It makes for a tastier finished dish.
>cook up some fresh spaetzle, or if you can't be arsed to do that, cook up some egg noodles.
> when they are drained, add the spaetzle or egg noodles to the sauerkraut and onion mixture and tools in the pan until mixed well.
>add half the toasted breadcrumbs and toss again.
>if for some reason the dish seems too dry, add a little melted butter. ( you never know with noodles)
> plate and top with crumbled bacon and remaining breadcrumbs.
> some people also like to toss in some grated cheese, like emmenthal, Jarlsberg, gouda, bierkase, etc. But that's up to you.

HOW CAN OTHERS EVEN COMPETE

Sounds good, I'll make it sometime soon. Sounds like a comfy fall meal.

I think I'll make this to go with some cider-braised pork chops I'm cooking tomorrow night.