What's the longest you've ever gone without eating?

What's the longest you've ever gone without eating?

40 days and 40 nights, i was lost in a desert.

2 weeks of only liquid to get rid of a hemmeroid

fuck

Usually I can muster up half of a bouillon cube and some rice if I'm down, but I had a time last year where I went 4 days without anything but water. I at least made rent.

just fasting without being sick? like 60 hours

Hmmm, I think it was three days. I have a hazy memory of that time, because it was pretty traumatic, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't longer than three days at a time. It would take a full 36 hours just to cook some dried beans over a can of sterno.

Three days during a detox.
Had a cancer scare when I was only 20 from the amount of drinking I was doing.

I think my record was 36 hours, I had a big ass breakfast, then went the rest of The day without eating, then woke up, didn't eat because I couldnt, then I ate a giant ass dinner that night

I have really shitty eating habits in general, but that was my worst I think.

Really I don't usually put myself in those situations often, and my parents have money so I didn't miss meals as a kid or anything.

4 days, I was so sick from benzo withdrawals that I could barely keep water down.

2 and a half days, before a wrestling tournament. Not a lot of water then, either.

Fuck me, how did you not starve? Drinking protein shakes and yoghurt?

How much weight did you lose?

About 5 minutes

t. American

2 days.. I usually fast for 1 day probably once every 2wks.. last week I decided to go 2days.. it wasn't that bad.. gotta drink a lot of water

Jesus Christ user

Moses, actually

Two weeks on a cayenne and lemon cleanse.
Then I went out and had a light salad and half a bottle of vodka. Shitfaced does not do it justice.

what the hell is a cayenne and lemon cleanse

wtf? you can still get your daily caloric needs on liquids. ever heard of soup? or a blender?

i once slept 12 hours so that's probably the longest

Don't forget the cayenne

I'm on day 37 of a water fast, although I have been supplementing with multivitamins and electrolyte pills (sodium/potassium/chloride/magnesium)

I'm doing it because it's the fastest way to lose weight and you avoid loose skin via autophagy.

I started at 262lb and I'm currently 206 and a half pounds

Three days. Anorexia. Never was a fan of starving for days. I usually just ate seeds and fruit throughout the day to feel satisfied, but I was still in starvation mode.

Nigger that is more than 25kg in five weeks, fucking brutal

I did 22 days on a water fast.

Now im on day 8 of a 40 day one.

You gotta do what you gotta do to lose weight I suppose.

actually not that hard after the first week, your body stops producing ghrelin so you stop feeling hunger.

you get the occasional hunger pang or craving for some pizza or a cookie but it eventually passes.

Once I was stressed enough to forget eating for about 48 hours.
The weird thing was that I was cooking during at least 18 hours....

This, except it wasn't because of a hemorrhoid. I was really sick, and kept throwing up every ten seconds. I am surprised I did not die. I don't think I stayed too hydrated.

Picked up ghiardia while traveling in NZ and didnt eat for 15 days. Everyone sqid I looked great after, though.

I used to do a lot of amphetamines in my 20s, would sometimes go 5 days without food or sleep, would drink a fair bit of booze though so there's calories there.

Is a water fast just drinking water and nothing eating and drinking absolutely nothing else?

yea pretty much

or you can drink tea/coffee/broth if you cant stand it.

Basically your body goes into ketosis and starts burning fat for you to survive, if you're fat then that fat storage can be used to keep you alive for weeks to months.

pics? you really don't get loose skin?

Damn, how fat do you need to be to make that feasible?

How weak are your muscles compared to before?

honestly if you're overweight or chubby then you can do it.

The longest anyone has fasted is 1 year and they're obese at 400 lbs. You lose about 0.5 to 1 lbs a day so you'll reach your goal weight far easier than any other method and it's healthier as your body gets to relax from consuming and digesting food for a period which is why fasting seems to be a natural thing in many religions.

Also the hardest part is the first few days where your body is struggling to turn itself into ketosis and after that it's smooth sailing with barely any hunger. You'll reach a danger zone when you fast long enough and feel true hunger which is completely different from normal hunger, people use this as a sign to stop and to not die but that assumes you're stick thin and fasting for some reason.

About 3 and a half days. Tried to make it to 4 but I caved.

>Being so lazy that you'd rather not eat for 20+ days instead of just exercising to create the same caloric deficit

>tfw I can eat 1500+ calories each day and still lose weight as fast as you starving fuckers.

Get some actual willpower and go running.

Say you take multivitamins and such. Does that slow the rate of loss? What if you eat a few bites of vegetables?

It's literally keto except on fast forward. Eating any carbs will disrupt the process pretty much.

However if you start eating just protein and fats, wouldn't you be doing a keto diet instead of fasting?

I've got a couple of extra pounds I wouldn't mind melting in the lead up to Christmas. I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it though. I've gone 3-4 days before but those times were either on drugs or one time where I was just drinking tons of coffee. If coffee and milk was okay maybe.

Not possible when you are overweight enough. I think past 275lbs, running just leaves the equation entirely. You risk really messing up your joints and otherwise causing serious injury. The rate of loss is much slower because you have to start off small, with walking, and then gradually add more intensive stuff over the course of a few months.

>Does that slow the rate of loss?
No, why would it? Vitamins do not contain calories, therefore they'd have no effect on the rate of loss.

>What if you eat a few bites of vegetables?
Then your rate of loss would be very slightly worse. Why? Because small amounts of vegetables contain small amounts of calories.

Walking burns roughly 95% the amount as running, so having to walk is not an argument.

coffee and a splash of milk is okay.

It's a long form of intermittent fasting and you can read hundreds of articles how good it is.

not eat 20 hours eat 4 hours
alternate day fasting 1 off 1 on
5 days fasting 2 days feasting

or like me just a straight water fast for 40 days because im a big guy.

Honestly any kinda fasting is good, you're just consuming less food and it's easier to just not eat than to work out the calories in the first place. As long as you implement a form of fasting into your diet in the longer run you'll lose weight and you'll find it easier to stick to than changing your diet completely and eliminating foods you'll enjoy eating.

Like 2 days on d-amphetamine. I could go longer, but then it would be a mistake rather than a choice. I always try to eat something everyday during stim trips.

I do intermittent fasting but 12-18 hours fasting is vastly different to eating nothing for weeks.

10 day fast, took salt and drank a lot of water but was still tired as shit so I called it off, lost weight quickly though but I prefer eating one meal a day instead if I want to lose weight

Actually haven't lost that much muscle.

In response to decreased insulin blood levels and respectively IGF-1 (insulin growth factor-1), the level of autophagy increases, which triggers an massive increase in circulating HGH (human growth hormone) which prevents muscle wasting.

In a 3-4 week fast, you will only lose around a kilo of muscle, and if you exercise and do moderate weightlifting, this can also help to prevent muscle wasting.

No you're incorrect, water fasting is the fastest weight loss strategy possible, and it also minimises loose skin.

In obese patients, some have lost as much as 2lb of fat a day, in my case; I've averaged 1.5lb a day.

I also exercise with cardio and do some weightlifting, you simply cannot lose as much as on a low kcal diet sorry but you're completely wrong.

When you eat, your insulin levels increase, which inhibits fat burning, on your 1500+ kcal diet, assuming an average TDEE of 2500, you would lose 2 pounds a week.

Arguably, resisting cravings from sugar/fat by complete abstinence requires more willpower than a low calorie diet where you give in to those cravings eventually, you're also more likely to regain the weight on a low kcal diet since your body is still producing ghrelin (hormone that signals hunger) which drives you to the point of indulging yourself.

>In a 3-4 week fast, you will only lose around a kilo of muscle, and if you exercise and do moderate weightlifting, this can also help to prevent muscle wasting
That is the one thing I am afraid of when it comes to massive weight loss. I currently have retard strength as a big guy. Would hate to lose it with the weight.

14 days of just water

became tired faster than usual and got some crazy acid reflux

didn't really feel hungry near the end, but i wanted nachos

You can gain it back easily, you can gain a couple of pounds of muscle or more in a month, but you'll get a lot of fat burnt in that same time.

Aside from the body using up around 20-30g of muscle for necessary amino acids, if you do resistance training whilst fasting, you won't lose that much muscle.

I haven't been eating much the past week now. I was kinda sick since monday last week and when I'm sick I lose my appetite heavily. After Tuesday morning last week all I ate until Saturday was a slice of pie.
But since that happened even now I don't feel like eating, yesterday I bought some pancakes and bacon got through like 2 bites and couldnt finish and then didnt eat. Didnt eat on Sunday either. I kinda like not eating now, kinda addictive. I feel nauseous often now but it's nothing some pepto bismol and gravol doesnt fix.

Assuming eating = absolutely no food at all (including soups), 4 days.
Just had water.

24 hours at best.

~4 days because i had a throat infection and fuck that.

Not including times being sick as a kid that I can no longer remember, maybe like 30 hours. I like to eat pretty often.

25 minutes.

t. skinny American

Unironically same. I used to be able to go about three days without feeling hungry.

Nowadays I feel the pangs after just 30 minutes. I went to the doctor, and literally nothing is wrong.

Send help.

When my jaw was wired shut from a highschool injury, I survived off of ovaltine and wholemilk for 2 months, lost about 60 lbs

I already replied earlier, but actually this question is meaningless if you don't have a well defined defnition of "nothing". Some people ITT will think having one tiny meal, milkshakes, soup, lettice etc. count as not having eaten that day.
I define it as not eating/drinking anything thicker than milk.

4 days during a 6 day cocaine and meth bender with no sleep.

Cum counts as food, you gaylord.

Four days. Was drinking so heavily but in such spaced-out periods I literally forgot to eat.

I got to 21 days before I quit for a birthday so I could drink, how are you entertaining yourself? I got so incredibly bored

Without a meal, 8 days.

Without so much as a bite, 3 days.

bump for interest

fake

How the fuck do you last that long without going crazy???

a meme for the mentally ill

your skin is going to be fucked

enjoy your seizure

4 days.

this is some rogan tier bro science

1 and a 1/2 week on amphetamin. no sleep no eat and no working....that was a intensiv exp.
not good for body and soul ...

Retard. The first rule is never binge.

Do meal replacement shakes count as eating? If not, about a week.

What possible reason could you have for not including meal replacement shakes?

just 4 days on a water fast for detox reasons, it was nice, I was ravenous on the 2nd day but then I felt really good by the 3rd day. I wanna try a month long fast in maybe a year but from what I gather it'd be really dangerous without enough research/preparation, I'm terrified of ketoacidosis
I'm trying to be "mucus free" just for fun because I can and it takes some fasting to supposedly heal into it

The OP doesn't say "nothing"

For a minute there I saw "liquid" as "liquor".
Ok back to al/ck/.

Because drugs and stuff, solid food seems repulsive. You drink those things because you don't want to eat and it's slightly better than not eating at all.

They don't really help.

3 days

>Binge all week during vacation
>Get sick and weak
>Too weak to get out of bed
>Too weak to cook
>Only getting weaker due to no food
>Sleep no feel less hunger
>Come out of this vicious circle after a nightmare about starvation
>Slowly nourish myself back to health
>Get sick because eating too much

Probably 20 hours when I was binging on adderall and fapping from 11 pm to 11 am

are you me

5 days,happened last month. I was in between jobs and had classes at uni so I couldn't go mow a lawn or two to make a buck. And sudden family medical emergencies ended up making me deficient in funds. Lived on water and some Halloween taffies

i had 2 weeks of only liquid but because of surgery.

>The longest anyone has fasted is 1 year

I was gonna call bullshit but I looked it up. That shit is amazing.

7 day water fast.

Very spiritual experience.

i did go crazy

are you me?

you are going to regain it all back. I guarantee it.

4 or 5 days

You don't

No more than a couple of hours.

10 days of water fasting. That's water, salt, and a multivitamin a day.

1.5lbs per day lost. Not bad, you may need a bit more salt and see if that lowers the weight drop, meaning less water loss. You lose about 1lbs of fat a day and the rest is water. If you get to 2lbs lost a day or more then your losing too much water and probably need more salt to stop that.