/fitlit/

What are you cunts reading?

Currently I am reading Iron Mind by Randall Strossen, a great book that deals with the mental side of lifting. Also, there is a whole lot of carry over into everyday life with the lessons learned.

I going to be finishing up my current book soon and need another one. What would you all recommend?

John Locke, Two Treatises on Government

Thanks m8, I'll have to look into that.

Just finished up Antifragile by Nassim Taleb.

Oh, well, if you're a counter-revolutionary, then perhaps you won't like Locke. He laid the philosophical groundwork for English and American republicanism. Still, Two Treatises is an explicit refutation of Patriarcha which is on your pic related, so it might still be of interest.

Maybe Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes would be more your thing. He advocates absolute monarchy.

Are you looking for a genre or viewpoint in particular?

finished Storm of Steel. Currently reading the Sailor Who Fell From Grace of the Sea by Mishima. it was that or Notes from the Underground

The Quran

almost done with Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

The Diceman is my favourite novel. I finished reading it a second time recently. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Also about to finish "Time and time again" by Ben Elton. It's a good story. Enjoyable. Going to send a copy to my friend who's very into WW1 history, but otherwise I wouldn't say it's a must read.

Currently reading "The Republic"

Not really, I am pretty wide open to just about anything. Again, I appreciate the response.

Extreme ownership

read Njal's Saga (make sure it's the Magnusson/Palsson translation), and Why is Your Axe Bloody? by William Ian Miller.

ride the tiger by evola

I really like this book, just recently went over the audiobook. Really good leadership advice and interesting war stories

Red Platoon

Just finished Excession by Iain Banks, now working on The Garden of Priapus by Alfred Jarry. Kind of lost, like when i tried the Satyricon.

The Turner Diaries

Reading Gai-jin by Clavell at the moment. I really love the way he writes, Shogun is my all time favorite, Tai Pan was pretty gud too.

I was justa a bitch ass kid when i read Rat King, like 13 I think, i should reread as I feel like I might have been a bit too young to really appreciate it, though I recall loving it.

The whole Asia saga makes me realize what a disgusting fucking pile of shit modern japan is compared to what it used, Hate weaboos and anime with a passion.

Friend of mine was reading that recently and said that it consisted largely of rather obvious observations, and that the book seemed to fulfill the function of establishing Taleb as the guy who coined/popularised the term "antifragility"

>Sailor Who Fell From Grace of the Sea
>Notes from the Underground

What did you think of the second Dice Man novel?

Tibetan book of living and Dying
and Augustus by John Williams

The Power of Yoga by Julius Evola

How was the Tibetan book of living and dying? Did it go down easily?

Also, when do we get out /fitlit/ board back?

physical well being is done through healthy food and walking. beyond this shows that you either do it because
-you are bored, aka a failure
-you are a homo, aka a failure
-you do it for women, aka a man devoted to please women even if you claim otherwise, like all men, aka a failure
-you cling to your health, aka a failure living in fear of death

=>you are a pleb as soon as you lift. which is confirmed by all the beta males posting pictures of women.

>this post
tell that to the greeks you fucking pleb

>bring back the fops
this is a dandy board, you tights wearing pansy

socrates would like to have a word with you

I lift for the same reason that I read.

Bruce Springsteen's autobiography
Born To Run

Also reading Atlas Obscura

This is why you start with the Greeks

where do the greeks speak of lifting? i've read several of plato's dialogues and from what i've gleaned socrates encourages good physical health but always maintains that it should be subordinate to the intellect, that a life of the mind is most virtuous.

Get a load of this homo.

>he didn't start with the greeks
laughinggirls.jpg

that dude looks like such a wigger if he was around today u kno he'd like rock a raider cap and i donno maybe a xxxl kappa track jacket and some massively baggy tru religion jeans or sth, with a riced out asian car of some sort

>cannot unsee now...

That's basically who he was. He got stabbed to death while taking a piss.

Atlas shrugged- ayn rand

I work on a few concurrently:
The Pike by Lacy Hughes-Hallet
Beyond good and evil by friedrich
Ride the tiger by julius evola
And then a smattering of pua literature

Lifting takes about an hour and a half for a good routine with assets, a sprinkle of cardio at the, end and a shower after, three times a week. That's 4.5 hours out of 168 hours a week. We take an average of 6-8 hours of sleep a night, that's about 120 hours of your week not spent sleeping. That's roughly 3% of you hours awake per week you would spend "at the gym."
3% is going to be subordinate to almost anything else you do with your time. There's no excuse faggot.

Nearly finished Zola's 'Thérèse Raquin'
I like the plot but the translation is a bit shoddy imo.

I notice there's not a single citation from Greek philosophy in this post. That 3% of your week could be spent in a variety of other ways that would also encourage good health. Where is the actual Greek-lifting connection?

He's talking about this oftcited image

But he is right, you have no excuse

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

― Socrates

In which dialogue does Socrates actually say that? And even so, why must "physical training" equate to lifting?

Btw I do lift, but when I'm in need of an intellectual justification for the habit I turn to Mishima, whose Sun & Steel explicitly defends lifting.

This is /fitlit/, we don't allow people who were successfully stereotyped and lampooned in a buzzfeed video

Why the fuck do you need to defend lifting? Can you not partake in an enjoyable activity without someone smarter than you saying that it's okay? Do you need to have some essays memorized to argue in favor of anything you want to do before you can do it? How much of a pleb are you?

I don't, actually, but apparently you (or at least several other anons itt) do, hence the constant deferment to 'the Greeks' who may well have never even discussed lifting.

>"but when I'm in need of an intellectual justification for the habit"
>the fuck do you need justification for
>"I don't, actually"

Bro, read what you type. Saying you need intellectual justification for habits that exclusively net benefits is fucking retarded. It's like you're saying you need to read a few books arguing in defense of brushing your teeth before you could bother doing so because you're just such a mental giant. You're coming across as a middle school student who thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.

Not that guy, but if that's what your friend said, then he's a serious fool and doesn't understand the book, or at least its extreme import. It's "obvious" because it makes so much sense.

Oh please lad, I was being cheeky
>WHEN I'm in need

>"when I need someone to kick me in the balls, I ask my friend Jerry to do it"
>why the fuck would you NEED someone to kick you in the balls?
>"I don't though"
>you just said you did
>"yeah but I said 'when' so it's not like all the time"

the fuck are you doing

I emphasized 'when' to indicate the cheeky rhetoric at play, but for you to take such a comment about my friend Jerry at face value, it's quite evident your reading comprehension is piss-poor.

>Did you interpret what I wrote to mean what was written? Couldn't you read the intricacies that weren't actually there?
Yeah, I know, you were just pretending to be retarded for fun, okay

>When I'm in charge it'll be a crime punishable by death to comment on the Greeks without having read them
>"Um what? You'll never be in charge. Nobody would elect you and you couldn't pull off a coup"
>Well yes, obviously but the point-
>"What so you mean 'obviously?' You JUST said you'd be in charge, and now you're saying you won't be?"

This entire discussion branched from one in which people were deferring to the Greeks to defend lifting. I questioned the connection between the two, and posited a separate thinker who would better fulfill that role. Then you jump in with 'hurr, you shouldn't have to defer to anyone to defend lifting,' which leaves me to conclude that you either didn't read the full conversation, or you simply don't comprehend context.

Who here /1000lbclub/?

Favorite book?

1110lb total, Moby Dick reporting in.

Haven't read it yet. I really think I might soon but it just bothers me that from what I've read about it, Romesha doesn't really mention what the other soldiers did in that battle.
He wasn't the only one from that battle to be awarded the MoH.

>read every day on the commute the work
>currently reading Dead Souls by Gogol

>do push ups, sit ups, and pull ups nearly every day
>feels fucking awesome

Just finished Lolita today and started To The Lighthouse.
I liked Lolita, but I have a slight grudge against Nabokov for making me sympathize with a pedophile.
So far Woolf is good, I like her method of stream of consciousness and the prose is beautiful.