If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas...

>If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas, the access to which by means of the Upanishads is in my eyes the greatest privilege which this still young century may claim before all previous centuries.

Ok. How do I into the Vedas?

You don't, not definitively anyway.
Vedas were an oral tradition. Anything that survives since is bound to have a lot of stuff lost or tacked on because different scholars and sages before them added to them.
Being a westerner it would be worse because you would read a translation, not that sanskrit text that survives would be any better in the present day

t. Brahmin who was educated in line with his duties.

Read Dumezil's Mitra-Varuna.

Go for the Bhagavad-Gita but DON'T read the ISKON translation of it. The guy bends the text to the point of lying on everything that doesn't fit his fascist pov on certain forms of yoga.

If you can, find a critical edition and read several translations in parallel.

The ISKON guy, Prabhupad, is to be avoided at entry level. When you advance to texts like the Bhagavata Purana (Srimad Bhagavatam), he and his commentary is the most helpful guide however. Just avoid his Gita version. Can't stress this enough.

Also and just to say this as well - the Vedas are absolutely breathtaking. The dimensions of this treasure are not to be overstated. Seriously.
I've been interested in philosophy all my life and I can completely agree to the quote you give in the OP. It is a damn blessing to be able to access these texts.
Not memeing. I encourage everybody who has the chance to try read into them.

Also bump.

His BG version is the most eloquent and poetic I've read. All the other ones are bland, even compared to Oppenheimer's florid adaptation of the BG.

>Ok. How do I into the Vedas?
i don't know

Yet there are tons of snakes in the grass, friend. Tons. Which he put there. And his commentary is horrific.

Reread it.

You read up some on india's culture and history then you download the vedas on libgen.

He makes Siva a 'demi-god' in his translation. He calls some forms of yoga 'some forms of mysticism' and interchanges bhakti and yoga as he pleases and when it suits his tradition of bhakti which is centuries younger than the Gita is.

That alone should suffice as a warning for the careful reader, I believe.

Sir Edwin Arnold translation of the Gita is my preferred translation, Prince.

How good is it?

Post extracts senpai.

Go look it up yourself, dipshit.

So not very good if it inspires this kind of low energy faggotry.

The BG is a good book, but it is not a Veda.

>low energy faggotry
That post was probably coming from a higher place of energy than you will ever attain, faggot; you just can't comprehend it, because you are so low.

He asked how to get into the Vedas though, reread the OP. And the Gita is widely considered to be the crown of the vedic knowledge.

Here's the scene made famous by Oppenheimer:

Thou seest Me as Time who kills,
Time who brings all to doom,
The Slayer Time, Ancient of Days, come hither to consume;
Excepting thee, of all these hosts of hostile chiefs arrayed,
There stands not one shall leave alive the battlefield! Dismayed
No longer be! Arise! obtain renown! destroy thy foes!
Fight for the kingdom waiting thee when thou hast vanquished those.
By Me they fall—not thee! the stroke of death is dealt them now,
Even as they show thus gallantly; My instrument art thou!
Strike, strong-armed Prince, at Drona! at Bhishma strike! deal death
On Karna, Jyadratha; stay all their warlike breath!
'Tis I who bid them perish! Thou wilt but slay the slain;
Fight! they must fall, and thou must live, victor upon this plain!

You're the Arnold user? Thanks a lot f a m.

You read none of the above, evident by your lack of insight. Kill yourself.

The BG is not a book either.

>Ok. How do I into the Vedas?

You can start by reading the first word of the first page.

Oh I did, you clown.
Also
>Kill yourself.
Where's your display of energy now, faggot?
Enjoy your karma.

Oh I'm sure, especially by the way you're perfectly displaying vedic wisdom by being a futile windbag.

So apparently you don't know anything about the Vedas then, am I correct?

You're welcome, oh scourge of foes.

>So apparently you don't know anything about the Vedas either, having like me, never read it.

not even him but you're a raging faggot

He is not "the ISKCON guy". His translation is not "the ISKCON translation"

His translation and his beliefs are Gaudiya Vaisnava beliefs. Many people think Prabhupada just came up with his translations, his commentaries, and his views by himself. Everything he teaches, everything he writes was imparted to him by his spiritual masters through the line of disciplic succession.

Just because ISKCON has gained a degree of unpopularity should not discredit Prabhupada's views, which are not his but the views of Gaudiya Vaisnavism.

read the Christian vedas