Favourite bible verse thread

Genesis 3:19

Isaiah 13:15

Genesis 4:20

John 1:1

would be nice to post them tho

So far all of them have been extremely easy to guess

Job 7:1-15, pick any one

>God only accepts the repentance of thos who do evil in ignorance and then turn quickly in repentence: these are th eones unto whom God relents; And repentenace is not accepted those who do evil deeds till, when death confronts one of them, he says, "Truly now I repent!"

>I would rather be strangled--rather die than suffer like this.

Inspirational stuff

Best introductory lines ever written

Wow this sounds like the plot of the movie "Gods Not Dead". So that guy did burn in hell for eternity, what an ending!

yes, that was the whole point!

based Jabal, he lived in a tent and didn't afraid of anything

That's fanfic.

Most things out of Book of Wisdom; "Chapter 7" the most.

Ezekiel 23:20

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

and so I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with him. he was given power unto the fourth part of the earth, to kill with hunger, with death, and with the beasts of the earth

>mfw I've literally know that all by memory for several years now

Luke 17:20-21

tell me where I got it from, user :)

Wow sick dude you memorized one of the most overused passages from Revelation, that's pretty damn cool of you to do.

thanks senpai, your appreciation is very much appreciated :^)

That's a misquote. It should say "For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses." Unless you're using a satanic new version

Ecclesiastes 1:9

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Also, Romans 8:18

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." - Psalm 137:9

Why do you post this in every thread tho?

B A S E D G O D
A
S
E
D
G
O
D

>he hasn't memorized the whole bible
topkek fedora.

All of psalm 137 is pretty nice.

As is all of Ecclesiastes.

Proverbs 8:22 - The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Hebrews 13:2 - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Micah 6:8 - He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Luke 2:9 - And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I talked as a child: but when I became a man, I put away the childish things.

Ecclesiastes is the only part of the Bible that made me really uncomfortable.

I think it's because of it's critique of Wisdom and intelligence. I identify very strongly with my intellect.

>I identify very strongly with my intellect.
Are you also nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor?

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Not really Mr.Mememan.

This is the correct answer. If you have any writing aspirations this is what you read.

Luke 12:24-28 (NRSV)

24 Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! 25 And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?[a] 26 If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;[b] yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!
Footnotes:

a. Or add a cubit to your stature
b. Luke 12:27 Other ancient authorities read Consider the lilies; they neither spin nor weave

Its standard but God damn fucking Corinthians 13

What a fascinating way of praising a Bible passage

Deuteronomy 23:1

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

John 15:19

Get out Paul you didn't understand the message of Jesus

My dude, what exactly do you think he didn't understand?

Revelation 3:15-16
>I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
>So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

And God sayeth, "thou shalt not be a milquetoast basic bitch"

runner up Judges 16:28

>And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

I get why the Samson story jumped out at Milton

Rom 1:16

2 Cor 5:17

Samuel 2 (18:32-33) David was kind of being an idiot but I think it's touching.

32: And the king said vnto Cushi, Is the yong man Absalom safe? And Cushi answered, The enemies of my lord the king, and all that rise against thee to do thee hurt, be as that yong man is.
33: And the king was much moued and went vp to the chamber ouer the gate, and wept. O my sonne Absalom, my sonne, my sonne Absalom : would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my sonne, my sonne.

The one with all the begetting.

Gets me hard every time.