How do you make perfect bollonaise sauce?

how do you make perfect bollonaise sauce?

Other urls found in this thread:

accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/node/79691
foodnouveau.com/recipes/how-tos/how-to-make-an-authentic-bolognese-sauce/
youtube.com/watch?v=jMj8lNdFqV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Season it to your taste.

almost the same way as the perfect chilli

ground poek + beef , strained , blanched diced veges and a can of kidney beans , can of whole tomatoes (squish them)

roast a tray of jalapenos then pull them out and dice them and throw them in. "per3ect chili"

im not including obvious ingd like salt garlic onion etc

>bollonaise
Retard.

Don't need to

>kidney beans
>bollonaise

you dun goofed

its a chilli recipe bruh

I've never had Bolognese, what's the difference between it and a tomato sauce or marinara?

meat, celery.

With beef and typically carrots and celery in it

cook it in the oven in a closed dish. don't cook it longer than about 4 hours. don't brown the soffrito too much. don't use too much wine.

Fry onion and garlic in olive oil and then brown the mince. Add vege stock and simmer a half hour or more with the lid on, then take it off and reduce down. Then add passada and veges, little wine. Or just a jar of pasta sauce which is blended tomato and veges anyway. Couple bay leafs. Simmer more while you cook the pasta

I find that using garlic powder in addition to whole garlic makes it taste more appealing to me. Authentic? No. Taste like British spag bol? Yes.

>sauce
it's not supposed to be a sauce

1 carton of passata 1 tin of chopped tomatoes pinch of basil and oregano along with garlic powder. Beef stock with the mince, onions pepper and salt to taste.. done!

This. And don't skip adding a handful of minced chicken livers. They add so much flavor.

Without using fucking rotini first of all fucker

pork and beef mince browned and drained of fat (drink later)
onion, celery and then after 5 mins garlic - sauteed.
add meat back in.
add cans of san marzano tomatoes, and add herbs of your liking - usually, rosemary, thyme, oregano and basil.
beef stock.
water if needed. season to taste.
simmer for about 45 mins.
before serving i add parm cheese to sauce and mix in. maybe some chilli flakes, not always though.

forgot, one glass of red wine to the meat and veg and let alcohol cook off before the stock and water.

if it tastes 'tinney' or metalic, add a tiny amount of bicarbonate at start and mix well into tomatoes

Ask and you shall receive user - here is the official and definitive be-all-end-all recipe for Ragu Bolognese by the Accademia Italiana della Cucina.

accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/node/79691

This. Even Spaghetti are nor really traditional - genuine Ragu Bolognese is served with Fettucini

NO GARLIC

well meme'd

NO TASTE

>Bollonaise

It's not french, mate

How much is a half glass? 120mL?

a glass, depending on where you're from is between 100 and 150mL.
its not hard to google. however I do approve of your correct abbreviation of mL

argh, fuck me, I mean 200-250mL. apparently it is a bit hard to hit the right keys in the dark when drunk.

foodnouveau.com/recipes/how-tos/how-to-make-an-authentic-bolognese-sauce/

I've had good results with this recipe. I cut down on the butter at the end as I find it a little too rich.

I would have thought the official recipe would have included standardized measurements, especially since all the solid ingredients were specified. In the imperial system, a "cup" refers to a specific amount, not just pulling out the first cup in the cabinet. Not sure how google would have helped if it's not standard. You wopdaegos are a bizarre breed.

Chop onions and crush garlic. Fry that up with some beef and pork mince, alongside some pancetta. I personally add the tiniest bit of smoked paprika while I'm frying the mince, just to enhance the flavour - even slightly too much ruins it.
Then, you get a slow cooker. In goes the fried mixture. Deglaze the pan with some choice red wine.
>Note - if adding alcohol to a sauce/stew of some sort, let it simmer a tad BEFORE putting it into the slow cooker. Alcohol needs to burn off - can't do that inside the slow cooker.
Now, chop peppers, spring onions, mushrooms, and maybe some celery to bulk it out. Some cherry tomatoes, too, if you've got them. Bung those in.
Add some tinned chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
Give it all a mix, add some Italian herbs, and let it cook for 8 or so hours.
Bob's your uncle.

And the right pasta is essential. I don't use spaghetti. Tagliatelle is good. If I don't have that, linguine works, too (I know it's meant for seafood, bit it's better with the sauce than spaghetti). Conchiglie is also a good shout.

Saute some garlic and carrot (maybe a tiny bit of red pepper flake if you feel like it) in a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Throw in ground beef or pork and brown it. Season with salt and pepper.

Add some tomato paste, a bit of water, simmer to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Toss with pasta of choice and a bit of the reserved pasta water.

Takes an hour max with prep included.

The fuck is bollonaise?

>closed dish
then how is it supposed to reduce?!

its got fresh bollons in it

Bolognese, that's how you spell it. Ground and lamb minced meat simmered slowly with tomato sauce, small dice of onions-carrots-celery. The right past for it is long one like Tagliatelle o Pappardelle.

Pretty much this. I ditch the celery and use a varying ratio of pork, if I'm not using any i'll get beef with more fat. Tomato paste as well as diced tomatoes. I never put water but use large quantities of beef stock and red for the liquid. If there's some meme leafs lying around a couple of those go in and if it's winter I'll throw in chilli extract to get a good heat through it. I reduce all day in a huge pot with the lid cracked then freeze in small containers for convenience and actually seems to me that it tastes better after being frozen for some time.

Spaghetti I don't really like much, penne or fusilli or something, havn't made fresh because the machines are too expensive

Don't bother with carrot, celery and milk, they just make your sauce blander. Add extra tomatoes and garlic for a tastier sauce that titillates your tastebuds.

it will, don't worry.

Look no further.

youtube.com/watch?v=jMj8lNdFqV8

>use butter
>add milk
>let it simmer for 6 hours
I mean the milk could work but not even fucking neapolitan ragú simmers for that long. That shit will be so thick and heavy it'll take a month to digest

Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Use a bit of tomato paste. Don't drown it in tomato passata and milk.

Put 1/4 lb bologna + 1 cup mayonnaise in food processor. Process until you have a smooth texture, but don’t over process. Simmer in a pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.

Throw that sweet heartburn juice in the garbage and make Alfredo instead

I like mine more saucy so I add a lot of strained tomates, and a fair share of balsamic vinegar to get some acidity

then I ruin it with ketchup anyway

looks good, even though it has no garlic, basil, typical italian seasonings, etc.

why would you blanch vegies for chili, nigga you cooking that shit for a couple hours in a stew

Just because it's Italian doesn't mean it has to be in every recipe. Bolognese doesn't require basil nor garlic

>chicken livers

fuck. this made me think of my italian ex gf that died. thanks for feels, user.

At least she was catholic so presumably had last rites. That should be some consolation. Do you ever make a commerative batch of bolagnese on the anniversary of her death just for sentimental reasons?

thats how my mom used to do it. You're right, wtf have I been doing

you eat alfredo for lunch and bolognaise for dinner

every day

I do this but heavy cream instead of milk, redwine instead of white, and use basil/garlic as well.

If you want to cut down on time you can just use a premade tomato sauce, I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest though.

On the contrary. Add at least 6 cloves of garlic and don't bother with crappy celery.

good for you if you like it that way, but Bolognese it is no longer.

>don't bother with crappy celery.
Then don't bother making it.

pan
nice and hot

By adding this shit at the end

Olive oil.
In.

>Azn fish sauce in Ragu Bolognese

I have never used this tired old phrase before, but please go die and stay die.