Just another failed growing season

How goes your winter crops?

Not Veeky Forums related.

Veeky Forums doesn't grow their own food?

Nope. We eat Taco Bell and the occasional McChicken.

Southern hemisphere here. We had a really unusually damp and cold winter, a lot of my plants died. We're currently undergoing a potato shortage, so the price of crisps has gone up. It's now the beginning of summer and everything is growing fine, so I've planted a large crop of potatoes.

Veeky Forums barely even cooks their own food

Haven't planted anything yet, still saving up money for supplies. I also have to ask my landlord if it's alright to set up a heated greenhouse in my living room and convince him that it's just for food, not weed. If it was legal to grow weed, this apartment would be full of it 24/365.

The onions are doing well, I actually have some wild corn that only needs another 2 weeks, I hope the weather doesnt shit on us. I always have high hopes on doing a big winter garden but usually get lazy after all the fall harvesting and preserving.

we're going through some huge price hikes on potatoes in new zealand due to all the rain we had over winter.

However, our stawberries, raspberries and red currants are doing really well.

Fuck off it's better than fast food

I'm interested op, I buy most of my stuff from the farmers market but haven't grown much myself. I did do an outdoor grow of weed.
I've got fresh rosemary and mint too, but yeah no tubers or broccoli or anything.

Do you have any idea what happened to your carrots? Not enough water maybe?

Kill yourself.

You're a roody fucking poo and nobody likes you

The pear trees on my dad's land are doing phenomenally. It's their 3rd year but are supposed to mature quickly. A few of them have fruited but they're still small. Winter pears of Keiffer and Comic varieties. The plum and peach trees I planted this spring look good but they're still young and need tending. I've got 26 trees total. My own little orchard. I can't wait until the orchard really matures.

Could be hard soil or too short of a season

my crops are doing just fine bro haha ;)

is that carrots?

Has anyone tried Aeroponics?
Where can I find the exact nutrient mixtures and amounts for different plants
They be carrots

I'd like to grow my own herbs. Never grown anything before though

Colorado here. My mustard spinach is coming along fine, and I just planted garlic last month. I was planning on waiting until May to plant more stuff, but is there anything else I can try and grow?

You type like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

>better than fast food
Literally impossible.

winter crops are fairly good, lots of drying beans (reds, blacks, whites, pintos), squash, pumpkins with shell-less seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, beets, carrots and garlic plus dry fruit/herbs/greens and canned tomatoes hopefully enough to last until spring

next year i would like to grow more onions, i use onions in almost all cooking related things

those carrots should be thinned and the soil should be loamy in texture to get a nicer crop

I haven't even got a window box in my shitty apartment.

those aren't radishes though

see
Mine're doing well.

And wash them down with ultra white /sips/

My carrots came out terrible, too. Lemon balm is still going strong but temps are dropping now. Either way, lemon balm salad every day for the past six months has been great. I just planted the last of the radishes for this year.

I plan to start an herb garden this spring. Might start early around New Year's.

>not growing your own herbs

Just substitute your potatoes with strawberries, raspberries and red currants then.